All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
One year ago
      #220217 - 10/19/05 07:13 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

today was my due date with Zoe. Where did the time go ? Next Wed. is her first birthday and we are having her first birthday party on Sat. I just thought I would post a few pictures of the girls from this weekend. She loves pumpkins and she even said pumpkin several times. Do you realize how weird it is to hear a little girl say that? BTW, Michele Congratulations! I pray we will both be celebrating next Wed . Although I will also be very sad that my baby isn't a baby anymore. Does anyone have a cure for teething? She isn't sleeping through the night anymore.

Loving the pumpkins

Didn't the girls do a great job designing the pumpkins and didn't daddy do a great job carving them?

Hanging out under the table while everyone was cleaning out the pumpkins. We had to move to the table because someone didn't keep her hands out of the way, lol. We usually spread newspaper on the floor and clean them out there.

Enjoying her chocolate chip cookie .

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: One year ago new
      #220220 - 10/19/05 07:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw, you have such cute little girls!!! Congrats on Zoe's b-day! Thanks for the pictures!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#220232 - 10/19/05 07:56 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wow. Your girls are beautiful. I'm in the same boat - no more babies! Still, each stage has its joys.

The best thing I found for teething is a dab of tempera or children's tylenol. I only gave it to them at night so they'd sleep. During the day - lots of cold stuff. Teething rings, cold juice with ice cubes, etc., even cold cheese - it's still chewy but cold.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#220238 - 10/19/05 08:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Ahh... she is so cute!! Do you think she will share some of the cookie with me? hehehe

Oh, and then other two don't look like sisters are all, do they?!??!! LOL Pretty girls!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#220255 - 10/19/05 10:13 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Your girl's are beautiful Heidi!! As for the sleeping through the night have you tried just letting her cry for a little while first? When I knew that Noah was ok and just waking up out of routine then I just let him cry until he soothed himself. Usually within 15 minutes he was back asleep. Also I used infants motrin instead of Tylenol. The doc said it would help better with the inflammation. I would usually give him some about 1/2 hour before he fell asleep. Baby orajel works good too!!

#220269 - 10/19/05 11:24 AM
torbetta

Yes we have tried cio. We did it with the older two a lot earlier, like within the first week, and they are good sleepers. Zoe, however, is persistent. Tuesday I put her to bed and let her cio since I needed to work with Maddie on spelling and math and get lunches together. You know the normal routine and she was just following me around and crying. She cried for a half an hour and went to sleep. Then about 2 hours later she was up and wouldn't stop. My husband got up gave her a bottle and she went to sleep. Last night she went down fine but she was up around 11:30. We let her cio that time and I don't think she cried too long. I had just fallen asleep so I was having a heck of time even figuring out what was going on . Then she was up at 2:30 and I figured it was too hard to stay awake and make sure she went to sleep so I got up and nursed her. After kicking me, pinching, slapping and bite me I was finally able to get her back to bed. Luckily she is taking her 2nd nap today. That is a big shocker, let me tell you. I think yesterday might have been because she took about an hour nap in the morning and that was it. Okay so this is more than you wanted to know but just giving you a glimps. Normally she will get up once or twice a week and that's it. Last night was difficult with her up twice. I know it's her teeth and not getting enough of a nap but I hate pushing the tylenol all the time too.

#220271 - 10/19/05 11:29 AM
torbetta

Quote:

Do you think she will share some of the cookie with me?

I don't know. She's pretty protective of her sweets , lol. I have no idea where she gets it from. And no the Madeline and Meike don't look like sisters at all . Meike took in some pictures to show her teacher yesterday and she came home and told me her teacher said something about how they could pass as twins.

#220273 - 10/19/05 11:35 AM
torbetta

Some stages are more fun than others though. I love Zoe's age a lot. It's funny what new perspectives I have this time than I did almost 8 years ago. I don't mind picking up the books she constantly knocks down because I now know this stage is so short lived and I will miss it. Of course a few locks on doors and putting up gates don't hurt either .

What is tempera? I have not heard of it. I have some teeth tablets that have helped in the past but I'm sure since it's her eye teeth they are bothering her more. The molors are going to be loads of fun.

Re: Tempera new
      #220287 - 10/19/05 01:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It's just another brand of infant tylenol. Might be a Canadian thing.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#220296 - 10/19/05 02:01 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

You have a precious family. Yes, it does seem like time flies. My grandaughter will be 1 on Nov 11 and it just seems like she was born yesterday.

Enjoy the party! I bet she gets bunches of toys.

Barbie

--------------------

AHHHHHHHH! new
      #220359 - 10/19/05 05:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Your girls are so precious, especially that little one, with cookie all over her face!

(By the way, I am the middle of 3 girls.)

Beautiful girls!!!!!!!!!! new
      #220371 - 10/19/05 05:30 PM
stillpoochibelly

Reged: 10/17/05

It goes by sooooo fast...it seems like yesterday that I was rocking my baby to sleep. Twelve years later she still sits in my lap...and says "you're the best mom". I love motherhood!

Your girls are beautiful! -nt- new
      #220401 - 10/19/05 08:04 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I love seeing photos of your girls, Heidi! new
      #220410 - 10/19/05 10:03 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Zoe looks like she's gonna be the future adorable trouble maker of the family. And your older girls could definitely pass as twins! Very cute pics of all of them. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Such beautiful children! Thx for sharing!!!! nt new
      #220565 - 10/20/05 05:02 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I was just thinking about you! new
      #220593 - 10/20/05 07:53 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I was just logging in here thinking - hmmm isn't Zoe's birthday coming up here quick!!! My gosh, I said it before and I'll say it again, you have the MOST beautiful girls I have ever seen! They just melt my heart! So cute!

How is everything going with you?

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1729

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review