All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
todays beta update, not what I hoped
      #219158 - 10/12/05 01:51 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

It went from 35 Friday to 200 Monday and today it was 335. Its supposed to double every 48 hours in the first 6-8 weeks of pregnancy. My doubling time for this last draw was 2.68 days. I talked to the RE herself and she isn't overly worried, she said she is optimistically cautoius. She siad she didn't want to put too much stock into todays number because, overall, its still high (the higher the better) for where I'm at. Everything I've read though says the doubling time is more important than the number.

At this point, all we can do is wait and hope. I'll go in one week from now for another beta draw. If all looks ok, than Oct 26, I'll have an ultrasound which should give us a much better idea how viable this pregnancy is. I'm trying to stay positive but I must admitt, I feel like my bubble has been burst.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww, Michele! new
      #219160 - 10/12/05 01:55 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending very warm and hopeful wishes your way. I'm sure everything will be fine next week.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: todays beta update, not what I hoped new
      #219164 - 10/12/05 02:02 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

At this point.... new
      #219170 - 10/12/05 02:19 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

as helpless as it feels all you can do is wait. Love that baby, talk to her...I know it sounds silly but I believe that life begins at conception and even at this point he/she has to feel something so it might as well be your love!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Aww sweetie! new
      #219171 - 10/12/05 02:20 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Think positive babe. Your numbers have been rocketing so fast they've gotta even out sometime, eh?

Lots of soothing music and deep breathing for you, methinks - don't let yourself get stressed! [Okay, have no idea how you manage that, but ya gotta try! ]

#219173 - 10/12/05 02:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey, girl. You got pregnant when they didn't think you should expect it!!! No pregnancy can be exactly textbook. This one didn't start out expected, so try not to worry. Everyone is different. Every pregnancy is different. Try to think positive. I will pray for you.
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#219177 - 10/12/05 02:40 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

oh, sending positive thoughts and hugs by the bucketful to you Michele, keep thinking positive yourself too, hugs, S.

--------------------
S.

Re: Thanks so much girls new
      #219178 - 10/12/05 02:46 PM
michele

Forgive for not responding to each of you but I'm tired and I'm heading out. Alicia, your right, they didn't think I'd get pg this cycle and I did so what do they know!

I'm trying not to freak out. I have been talking to this baby and Will thinks I'm a bit crazy for it! I even made him say goodnight to baby last night and he just rolled his eyes at me! Must think positive. I wish I was blissfully ignorant about miscarriages and betas and progesterone levels and everything else. Unfortunately, I probably know more about all this than I should. I just have to keep telling myself that it doesn't mean this will have a bad outcome. Please, everyone pray or light a candel or whatever it is you do, that this baby lives.

--------------------

You got it! new
      #219184 - 10/12/05 02:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Candle lit. And for what it's worth, I don't think you're crazy for talking to the baby. Think positive, indeed!!

#219195 - 10/12/05 03:27 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

i'm sure its hard, but keep positive michele!

--------------------

#219235 - 10/12/05 05:19 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I just saw this tonight Michele and I agree with Alicia. Nothing about this has been normal or expected so don't read so much into it. It is bad to know alot about it but try to keep a positive outlook. I truly believe that will make a huge difference. It is still so early. Most people don't even know they are pregnant this early on so remember good thoughts. You know I will be praying for you sweetie! Big huge hugs!!!!

I know how hard this must be for you new
      #219265 - 10/12/05 08:06 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

because you want this so much (and we want this for you!), but all we can do is pray and hope for the best. I know that's easy for me to say!

Keep thinking positive, get some rest and talk to that baby all you want! (Men can't relate to these kinds of things.)

#219273 - 10/12/05 08:36 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I don't think anyone could say it better than Alicia did.

I'm definitely praying for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#219279 - 10/12/05 11:00 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I don't understand a lot about this stuff but I'm really sorry that it's not as high as you would have liked. I'll keep you in my prayers

Keep us posted,
Kelly

Re: Thanks for the continued support everyone new
      #219306 - 10/13/05 06:57 AM
michele

I'm still not feeling real well today, not in a good pregnant sick way either. I had a very hard time sleeping and I'm having a lot of cramping. I don't know if its my IBS from being upset or if its from the pregnancy, it really doesn't feel like IBS though. I'm TRYING to stay positive but its so hard after what I've been through and knowing that this is my last chance. Luckily, I have an appt with my shirnk tonight so hopefully she will help me to feel better about things. Right now, I just want to curl up in bed but I have to be at work. I know there is nothing to do now but wait and hope for the best.

--------------------

Re: Thanks for the continued support everyone new
      #219307 - 10/13/05 07:01 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Michelle, please try to stay positive. I know that is difficult when you have had problems in the past. I know that feeling personally. I am praying really hard for you this time around. Please keep us updated.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#219328 - 10/13/05 08:38 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Prayers coming your way!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Still thinking about you.... new
      #219332 - 10/13/05 09:06 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

and hoping that this pregnancy carries through for you. I know how bad you want it, and how hard you and your husband have tried. I'm sending all kinds of positive energy your way.....

--------------------

Michele new
      #219344 - 10/13/05 10:18 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey girl, I'm sorry your having a bad time. I want you to know that I had issues with my last PG (with Hailey) I was spotting and everything. They drew my numbers and they were low and not quiet what we had hoped for....but I do have that baby! And it did work out. The nurse at the time really didn't act as though my PG would last. But it did. All you can do is wait and see. I hated the wait game. It was a good month plus before I knew for sure that Hailey was really going to come! It took me going in for HCG levels a few time and LOT's of ultrasounds. It took forever to see her little HB and even when the numbers where at the point that we should have it still wasnt' there. So every one is different. I know that PG was compared to what they said we should see for the numbers...etc!

I hope you can rest and keep positive. I'm still praying for you everyday!

Big HUGS!!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Steph new
      #219375 - 10/13/05 01:01 PM
michele

I appriciate it. I remember you mentioning that you had spotting with Hailey but I didn't realize you had the other problems also. Do you remember how far along you were before you actually saw the heartbeat? Do you think maybe you were off on your ovulation dates? I guess I wouldn't feel so bad about it all but I just don't feel as sick today as I have the last week or so. My boobs still really hurt but I'm also on progesterone, which will cause that. I'm also have a lot of cramping but no bleeding or anything but again, the progesterone could delay any bleeding if something is wrong. Argh, I just hate having to wait for answers!!!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Steph new
      #219382 - 10/13/05 01:19 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi again.

No I wasn't off on my dates...I know when I concived. Some times it just takes longer than the "typical" PG. I have it written down some where. I'll check for sure. If I remember right I concived on Nov 4th and didn't get a HB until Dec 14th. But they were expecting to see it sooner than that. I measured small at first, but after a few US the baby was as big as it should have been for that stage.

I too had lots of cramping with my last two PG's and I remember on the baby boards all the women complaining of cramping.

I really wish you didn't have to wait....I'm so sorry that you are feeling bad about things. I was for sure I would MC with Lexi....and thought it was happening again with Hailey...but I was shocked everytime it worked out.

Keep your hopes up and stay positive. We're all here for you and will continue to pray for you.

HUGS!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1262

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review