All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Health Update new
      #217127 - 10/03/05 06:47 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I didn't know you weren't feeling well but that's GREAT that it's nothing serious. Phew!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#217136 - 10/03/05 07:55 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Amanda! Great to hear that it's nothing serious, and good luck with your efforts to get your iron back up.

I'm just going to echo what others have already said here but PLEASE don't go down the diet pills route... it's just bad news all round. Again, I won't just repeat what Dalia and Bev and everyone has said - they've given great advice. I'd just add that the BEST way to rev up your metabolism to help you lose weight is to add in some WEIGHT TRAINING to your routine - adding just a bit of muscle mass to your body speeds up your metabolism like nothing else. Continue with cardio and eat right (not too few calories though! Make sure you're getting enough or your body will think it's starving, etc etc etc you know the deal). Those pills, like slimstyles and hydroxycut and such ("fat burners" they call them now) are just full of such nasty stuff. Plus even the companies don't advertise them as weight loss miracles any more - they sell them as "part of a complete and vigorous exercise and diet regime", kind of like the extra push (it's a clever scheme really, but they'e still totally unnecessary and just plain scary).

Anyway, didn't mean to jump down your throat or anything Just trying to help! {{{hugs}}} and good luck with your weight loss!

Just offering my support... new
      #217153 - 10/03/05 08:35 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I know you've read it a thousand times already! But for the 1001 time...glad it's nothing serious and stay away from Diet Pills! Bad news

Just take care of your beautiful body, Amanda.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#217207 - 10/03/05 12:57 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi Amanda
Don't be silly about feeling bad about being bigger - its all relative..I'm a pretty tiny 5'3 104 pounds woman, but feel really lumpy if I hit 108...its all about feeling light etc. Moreoever, you prob feel all lumpy (like with PMS even though we don't look bigger to the outside world) because the anemia is making you all sluggish. There is no way to tell exactly how many calories you are burning - just estimations. The important thing to remember is that when you exercise...you burn more calories for HOURS after the actual exercise...so there's a good feeling for you. I suspect the 8 pounds will drop off you as soon as you get your anemia on track and get active again. I don't believe in making tiny food portions, speaking as someone with a huge appetite...it just makes me obsessed with food and all deprived...choose low glyceamic index foods over high glycemic index foods..that makes a big difference, and eat light in the evenings and cut out sugar!!!
Good luck!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#217223 - 10/03/05 02:47 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Amanda,

Nice to get an update from you! I thought of you the other day, after you posted about doing the Zone thing a little while ago. I am glad to hear you are doing okay with it, I found too that if there wasn't that option to swap foods with other stuff, I would have been totally screwed. I found it too hard to follow personally because right now I have zero tolerance for any raw veggies and now like 90% of all the raw fruits I have tried. Grr. Anyway, let us know on the Fitness board how you are doing on that too! I've heard the Zone has worked really well for some people, I think it just depends.

I know anemia isn't usually good news, but that's great that it isn't your thyroid. I have a friend who got told a little while ago she was anemic and she is doing great now. I also think seeing a nutritionist is a really good idea. I need help so badly eating healthily with all the food restrictions I have, so I am intending to go see one soon too. I am going to see a naturopath (sp) who works with people with nutrition problems, so I will post if he gives me any good ideas.

I don't know anything about diet pills, really except for all the horror stories everybody has heard. My mom bought me these pills called "Fat Blasters" and they are hydroy-somethingerother and are basically just caffiene from what I can tell and something else, can't remember what. I wouldn't touch them, my Dad took them for a while and he didn't have any bad reactions or anything, but even with them and dieting his weight stayed the same so I think they are bogus.

Good luck, and keep us updated!!
Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1652

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review