All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Prunes/prune juice
      #216480 - 09/29/05 08:15 AM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

I have read the info on the site and I'm so looking forward to getting the book on eating. I was beginning to wonder if I would have to resort to meds the rest of my life and now I have hope (I get them starting in my esophagus and ripples on down)! My gastrologist said that was the way some people have it but can offer nothing but the meds. Regarding constipation... I was wondering if prunes/prune juice is helpful or bad for IBS. Thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Prunes/prune juice new
      #216482 - 09/29/05 08:27 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Stephanie!
I have IBS constipation & yes it does help! though the taste isn't wonderful,just hold your breath & down it girl!!
I'm on a pill called 'Super Colon Cleanse' also. It helps keep me regular. You can find it in your local health food store, for about $16. Best wishes Kiwi

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#216486 - 09/29/05 09:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Do a search on the Eating for IBS forum for this. That's where these posts should be btw - and where you'll get more replies. It's IF so it's not neccesarily great.

And Kiwii - cleanses are a BAD idea with IBS. You're just making yourself worse in the long term.

#216655 - 09/29/05 05:58 PM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

Thanks...I will do that.

#216994 - 10/02/05 01:01 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

Hi Linz,

I was wondering about a colon cleanse for IBS. My doctor prescribed Psyllium but it causes me to have a lot of pain and did not really help my IBS. I have noticed alot of these products in the health food store. When I went to the health food store the clerk looked up what I should need to get relief from IBS. Another clerk handed me a bottle labelled IBX, which she said that many women with IBS rely on it. I know nothing about these supplements or whatever they are, but then the original girl handed me some Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin B-12. She said that the book recommended them also.

My questions are: 1) Have any of you tried these products?? and Do they work??? 2) Since I do not eat very much, would the vitamins provide any help?? 3) Is there any other things I need to know before I go back to the health food store????

Thanks,
Lummibeader

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review