All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: 2nd Update new
      #216101 - 09/27/05 09:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, after a hard day yesterday and a bit of a rough night, I called the RE this am and asked to talk to her. I went into her office and we sat for about 10 minutes going over everything. What is boils down to is this, I've talked to Will and he is willing to give me two more months of all the trying with the meds. The RE said the "end all be all" of course would be to do IVF. Which, after my insurance, I'd have to pay about $8,500 out of pocket with a 50/50 chance of actually getting pregnant. So, thats not really a good option to me. The RE and I decided to do the gonal-f injections again next month and add Antagon, which is like Lupron. It will basically shut down my bodies natural hormones and make it listen only to the hormones we are giving it. This should prevent any pre-mature ovulation. They usually only use it in IVF but considering how my cycles have been acting, she feels its the way to go.

She said she doesn't know if there was a viable egg released or not this month but to do the progesterone, just in case which I will start tonight. Chances are my period will come about 12 days from now and then we will start again. I don't know what will happen if I don't get pregnant in the next two months. I'm looking into all the adoption issues right now but it doesn't seem financially possible for us. My shrink says just to concentrate on the plan for the next two months and we will deal with the future when it gets here. I think thats good advice.

I feel a bit better today but still not great. I didn't sleep well last night and now, of course, my tummy is in a tizzy. The RE did give me some donnatol so I'm hoping that will calm it down a bit.

Thanks for everyone continued support and kind words.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

{{{hugs}}} new
      #216112 - 09/27/05 09:47 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I know this might sound a bit wacky, but I would actually suggest getting a young puppy! I had MAJOR baby blues before we got Archie (couldn't afford a baby) and getting him helped so much...he IS my baby.

It's looking more and more likely now that Si and I may never have kids. I'm just getting too sick. But I'm kinda okay with that. Archie is my baby.

If nothing else, having a young puppy is so much hard work (yep, like a baby) that it takes your mind off other stuff.

Re: {{{hugs}}} new
      #216131 - 09/27/05 10:53 AM
michele

Thanks Linz!! I'm sorry to hear your getting sicker though. Hugs to you to!!

We have been talking about getting a little shih tzo. I think we will wait until we get back from Tahoe before deciding for sure. I also think it might help some to take my obsession away from the baby making thing. If I'm not pregnant in the next two months, I'm sure we will start looking into breeders in the area.

--------------------

Michelle... new
      #216322 - 09/28/05 10:16 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

call me if you want to talk. for one I think its a good time to give up on the RE and stuff for NOW... I think you may be surprsed at some of the options available for adoption in this state- yes there are long wait lists for a baby, but it is possible and not as expensive as you seem to think. You can do it! just relax and let your marriage recover first- this should NOT be destroying you or your marriage, and actually if it does, then you will be better off without children anyway. And besides- does it have to be a baby- things ot think about in the long run- maybe do some volunteer work with some of the kids in the system before you decide. talk to a social worker in the area, etc. There are a ton of options out there. Sorry- but as the adoptive mom of an older child, Cassi has brought nothing but blessings into my life, though we did decide NOT to do it again, it was a close call this year. And our reasons for not doing it have nothing to do with our not wanting children, but with timing and location and some family things...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Michele new
      #216355 - 09/28/05 11:37 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How are you feeling about all this today? What does Will want to do?

Bevvy had some wise words for you.

I wish adopting wasn't so expensive. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it wasn't so much money.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Thanks Beth new
      #216392 - 09/28/05 01:17 PM
michele

I'm doing a little better. We have agreed on trying for two more cycles. Not sure what will happen then. We will be gone for a week in December to visit family and celebrate x-mas in Lake Tahoe so we have to take December off. Not sure if I have the streagnth to continue after that or even if Will is willing to go on after that. I'm hoping it will happen soon and I won't have to face the fact that I may never have a child. We may look into adopting an older child but with Will being self-employeed not even sure if we would qualify. I'm trying to concentrate on getting through each day right now. The fertility drugs have made me gain a LOT of weight and I'm just not feeling real good about myself. I'm trying to stay positive and active but I just don't really feel like doing much of anything. I do feel a little better after talking to the RE and getting our "plan" together for next cycle. The nurse at the RE's office suggested a book called "A Few Good Eggs." Its written by two women who went through a lot of the same stuff I'm going through and I'm hoping that it will help me cope a little better. I just bought it today so I'll let you know what I think of it in a few days!

--------------------

I don't know if I told you, Michele, new
      #216407 - 09/28/05 04:47 PM
Proud new Teacher

Reged: 09/22/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

but my stepmom used fertility meds to have my brother-she got pregnant a few years later and miscarried, tried for another year and quit. At 42 years old, she got the flu and wqwound up with a perfectly healthy daughter. This is after having half her cervix removed from cervical cancer.

IT CAN WORK OUT!!!

Please, honey, take the pressure off of yourself, and have FUN with Will. Have sex for FUN!
(ps-female orgasms after male ejaculation make the sperm go up higher...just another reason to have one!LOL!)

It can happen, so don't you give up. IF the drugs are too much for your system, see if you can't half the dose and see how you feel. maybe you're so ripe you're falling off the tree right now?

--------------------
Shannon the teacher` I'm an A, but more of a C these days.:}

Re: I don't know if I told you, Michele, new
      #216503 - 09/29/05 09:34 AM
michele

Thanks! I don't remember you mentioning your step mom went through fertility treatments before. Thats great she finally had a healthy daughter!

I know I need to relax with it a bit but its just so hard when its something you want so bad! Sex for fun, whats that?? Its been so long, I think I forgot! I had heard that having an orgasm after ejaculation helps, hehe!! I've been hearing some REALLY good things about the Anatgon that I'll be adding next cycle and it seems to be relatively well tolerated so hopefully, that and the iui's will do the trick!

--------------------

Hi, Michele... new
      #216852 - 09/30/05 11:33 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm glad you're feeling a little better about things. I think just taking things as they come for the next couple of months is a good idea. If nothing happens by January, then you can decide again from there.

Stay strong! Lots of hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: When is it time to give up? new
      #217066 - 10/02/05 06:05 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey Michele,
I've been keeping up with this post but I haven't been able to think of what to say, so I haven't commented. I don't know how you feel, and I wouldn't even know how you felt if I myself had fertility problems, because I'm not you. My sister-in-law, when she was going through this, told me that the last thing she wanted to hear was about everyone's cousin's roommates's sister who had 75 miscarriages and then 5 healthy babies, because, while it's a nice story, it doesn't exactly put a baby in your uterus. So, I'll just assume that you know that that kind of thing happens all the time, and I'll spare you the several stories I know like it. I really don't know if I think you should give up or not. I'm not very good at giving up on stuff (case in point, my boyfriend and I have been having really bad problems for over 6 months and I am still hanging in ...) but I always say that you can't win if you don't play. I don't know what I would do in your situation, but I think I'd probably exhaust all my opions before givng up. One of those options to try might be taking a break, as evryone says. Your doctor should know if that will help or hurt your chances of conceiving. But, if it could help, you should consider it.

I really feel for your husband. My brother was beside himself when my SIL was on all the hormons and just being hormal and depressed on her own. He wanted a baby so much too, and he wanted his wife not to be sad and frustrated and nauseated all the time. I don't really know much about marriage or making relationships work (see above about my disasterous relationship) but I know that empathy is key, and you guys should really try to consider how this is effecting each of you a little differently. Does that make sense?

The final thing I think is that if I were struggling as much as you are with something, I'd be in church like 24 hours a day. I really believe that praying helps me clear my head and understand things better, and is such a comfort. If that's not something you usually do, maybe start?

I'm out of ideas. I'm rooting for you and praying for you.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review