All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re:UPDATE: Talked to the RE new
      #215979 - 09/26/05 02:27 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

The RE called and said she really doesn't understand why this is happening again. She said it appears my body is spitting out the eggs before they are fully matured. This is the third month in a row this has happened and its not supposed to happend with the "drugs" I'm on. She doesn't know if I actually ovulated any viable eggs or not, we did have sex Sunday night so if I did ovulate this weekend and there is anything to fertilize, we should have it covered. She said to use the progesterone, just in case. There is no reason to do the iui or even the trigger hcg shot at this point.

She says next cycle she is putting my on Lupron in addition to all the other meds. Its supposed to supress the bodies natural hormones and prevent premature ovulation and make your body respond better to the other drugs. She says she still feels hopeful for me. After reviewing my file, she suggests we wait until we have had two good cycles, with iui before doing the surgery or reconsidering our chances. So, I think we will try in October and November with the addition of this new medication, which means a second shot daily and hope for the best. We are planning that trip to Lake Tahoe in December so wouldn't try that month anyways. If I'm not pregnant by then, well, we will go from there.

I've spent all day crying and feel "empty" now. I think I needed to get it all out. I'm going to go home and go to bed and hopefully tomorrow will seem a little brighter. I'm trying to respond to everyones posts from earlier before I leave but if I don;t get to them all, I just want to be sure to thank everyone for you continued support and kind words. It means the world to me.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: When is it time to give up? new
      #215981 - 09/26/05 02:29 PM
michele

Thanks Jenn, I'm just afraid we can't afford adoption. Its very expensive unless you adopt an older child that has been in the "system" for a while. Around $20,000 seems to be about the minimum. My insurance has been paying for almost all of my fertility stuff but they don't pay anything towards adoption.

--------------------

Re: WHOA! new
      #215982 - 09/26/05 02:36 PM
michele

Thanks Bevvy. It is easy to lose whats important and what I have right now. I know that I am more than a uterus, lol!! I have just never felt such longing before. I want a child so bad it hurts and I know thats probably not a good thing.

Because of my hormonal problems, if I get pregnant without drugs, its pretty much a safe bet that I would miscarry. I've heard of lots of women getting pregnant after they adopt or decide to stop trying but thats just not an option for me. I would love to adopt and would have done it already, if I had the money. With so many needy childern, I just don't understand why its so expensive.

Thanks for the insightful words and hugs. Your always so full of wisdom!

--------------------

Michele new
      #215983 - 09/26/05 02:41 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

That is awful that they charge so much money for adoption. Maybe taking a break from the treatments could be good for you though and go back to them later.

I don't have any children myself but I am getting married in July 2007 and I'm worried myself b/c I have UC I take Imuran (which is an immunosuppressant) and my doctor told her that I absolutely cannot get pregnant until she takes me off of it. It really sucks when things are so complicated.
Try to rest and enjoy your time with your hubby.
Jenn

But new
      #215986 - 09/26/05 03:00 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

these fertility treatments you've had have got to have been expensive too! I guess your medical insurance helps pay for that.

My husband used to work for a bank that helped employees pay for adoptions. One of his former coworkers adopted 2 children from Russia and the company contributed to the cost! Cool, huh?

Michele new
      #215990 - 09/26/05 03:18 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I probably shouldn't jump in here and say this but I'm going to. DOCTORS ARE WRONG MANY TIMES, especially when it comes to conceiving. I don't think you can automatically assume that you will miscarry again if you get pregnant.

I could tell you many stories of women who were told they couldn't get pregnant or wouldn't carry a baby to term that did!!!

I was one of those patients. After years of fertility treatments, doctors told me I'd never get pregnant. Then when I did, another doctor told me when I left the hospital with my newborn not to worry about birth control because he doubted I'd ever get pregnant again. And 4 months later, I I was pregnant again!!!

So I have 2 sons, 13 months apart, and I was not supposed to have either one of them.

You're young, you're healthy and it CAN happen. Quit listening to the doctors tell you it can't. I just have a feeling this is going to happen----the old-fashioned way!

Of course, fertility doctors will tell you otherwise. I'm just cynical enough to think they'll let you continue those treatments forever---because it's lining their pockets.

God works in mysterious ways. I am going to pray for you, and I know others will too. Please don't give up hope.

Re: Right BEV! I nominate BEV as our Dear Ann of the LR.... -nt- new
      #216021 - 09/26/05 07:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#216022 - 09/26/05 07:20 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Honey, you are such a strong person for going through with all of this. I admire you so much. My first instinct is to say not to give up - I really feel there is a baby in your future!!!!!!! I've supported you all the way and I WON'T stop now. I'm here for you anytime. Feel free to cry on my shoulder anytime you want. E-mail me anytime. Whatever decide, I'm here for you. Love, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#216055 - 09/27/05 06:12 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There is no easy solution for this...you have to make sure that you put your well being before anything else. Maybe adoption is another option?

I wish I had an answer for you. Hang in there....*HUGS*

Re: But new
      #216066 - 09/27/05 08:17 AM
michele

Yes, my insurance is paying for pretty much everything. If I actually SEE the RE herself, I have a $20 copay and my meds are a $20 copay but the ultrasounds and bloodwork and stuff is all covered at 100%. We will have to pay for iui, when we get a good cycle, and that will be $400 but beats the $8,500 for IVF.

I've heard of other employers helping with adoption costs but I work for a private dr in such a small office. He did say he would help a little with the cost but I know he can't afford much. The daughter of a friend of the doctor I work for just adopted TWO babies from Russia! Cutest little babies, I think one was like 8 months and the other around 11 months. Total cost, over $40,000!! I don't even make that in a year.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1981 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review