Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I AM SO TIRED OF MY STOMACH!! (First day = Not good) new
      #214605 - 09/20/05 08:38 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Steph....

Sorry your first day wasn't good!! *HUGS* I bet the reason your stomach went so crazy was because you were anxious and nervous about the new job. I'm willing to bet that once you're there a week or two your stomach will calm down a lot.

My stomach ALWAYS flares up when I get a new job. In fact, on my first day of training for my current job I spent about 3 hours in the washroom with a major D attack. Once I got more comfortable I was okay.

Take some immodium for tomorrow and try to rest up....things will get better I promise!!! *HUGS*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#214620 - 09/20/05 09:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry, Steph. I agree though, try just to get through the day, don't look at it as 6 weeks of not missing a day as that will only add to the stress! Have you asked your dr about a mild tranquiller for days like these? It sounds like anxiety is one of your big triggers right now. I know its one of mine and a xanax now and then really helps things from getting out of control! Good luck, you can do it!! Big hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#214625 - 09/20/05 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry Steph...you having such a hard time with your tummy. Deep breaths.... are you feeling any better today? I know 6 weeks seems like a long time... but you will be done with training before you know it...I don't know anything about the anxiety....so I don't have any other pointers for you there....

Are you able to have your tea at your desk? How about a candle...is that allowed? That is the 1st thing I do every morning after turning the phone answering service off is light a candle...

{{BIG BIG GINORMOUS HUGS}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#214787 - 09/20/05 03:52 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Steph! Please try to relax!! I've been there way too many times so I know what you are going through. The worse that could happen is that you'd have to excuse yourself from the boardroom to go potty. You probably got yourself so worked up about the new job that your IBS started to rear it's ugly head. I felt that way just a few days ago when I had to attend my High School Class reunion. I took 1/2 day from work and when I got home I had a low grade fever. I think due to my IBS, it sometimes makes me feel horrible when I'm battleling a major flare up. Anyway, it was about 4 and I almost bailed for fear of what might happen after I eat the dinner there. I just talked myself out of an anxiety attack and bit the bullet and went anyway. I wasn't driving so that stressed me too. What if I have to go real bad and my friend(who was a guy)was driving? I really made out fine. I would have so regreted it if I let my IBS take over. I took over!!! You need to too honey! Think of how depressed you'll be if you quit and have no job again? Try and hang in there. You can do it!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1740

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review