All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I WANT CHOCOLATE NOW!!
      #212948 - 09/13/05 10:47 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, I'm PMS'ing soooo bad... I WANT CHOCOLATE AND I WANT IT NOW!! Heck...anything sweet would work!! Hum... I have a cube of sugar in my drawer for my tea...wonder if sucking on that would help!?!?!?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I WANT CHOCOLATE NOW!! new
      #212951 - 09/13/05 10:50 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Great !!!! Now you got me thinking about chocolate.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#212952 - 09/13/05 10:51 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

PMS is awful for us IBS'ers!! Try to resist!! NOT! A bit of chocolate might stabilize your stress levels induced from chocolate deprivation...and we all know that stress is a huge IBS trigger! Ha! Ha!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#212956 - 09/13/05 11:10 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aww dangit! Mike forgot to pack me a no-pudge brownie in my lunch this morning. Now I want chocolate!

Mental note: Fire Mike from making lunch

--------------------
- Jennifer

#212960 - 09/13/05 11:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Shell, I'm in the same boat!! I go in for a pregnancy test tomorrow but I KNOW its going to be negative and I'm expecting Af in a couple of days. The tough part is I work RIGHT across the street from both Dunkin Donuts and Dairy Queen!!! Can we say Chocolate Extreme Blizzard??!! I'm trying to resist as I know I'll pay for it but man, is it hard!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#212977 - 09/13/05 12:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Great !!!! Now you got me thinking about chocolate.

hehehe...sorry!! lol

--------------------

#212978 - 09/13/05 12:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

PMS is awful for us IBS'ers!! Try to resist!! NOT! A bit of chocolate might stabilize your stress levels induced from chocolate deprivation...and we all know that stress is a huge IBS trigger! Ha! Ha!

MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE.... must prevent stress levels from rising.... and causing IBS pain...lol I like the way you think.... 7-11 here I come at lunch time to raid the candy isle!! hehehe

--------------------

#212979 - 09/13/05 12:33 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Man, I know what you're going through. There are certain times, though, when ya just got do it. (A teeny weeny bit won't hurt and it can be our secret )
Kristine

#212980 - 09/13/05 12:34 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Aww dangit! Mike forgot to pack me a no-pudge brownie in my lunch this morning. Now I want chocolate!

Mental note: Fire Mike from making lunch

LOL yep...I'd have to fire him too if it were me..... does he not know yet, not to mess with a PMS'ing woman?!?!? lol

--------------------

#212982 - 09/13/05 12:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell, I'm in the same boat!! I go in for a pregnancy test tomorrow but I KNOW its going to be negative and I'm expecting Af in a couple of days. The tough part is I work RIGHT across the street from both Dunkin Donuts and Dairy Queen!!! Can we say Chocolate Extreme Blizzard??!! I'm trying to resist as I know I'll pay for it but man, is it hard!!

Oh, your killin me.... Reese's Pieces Blizzard

....oh, and a Butterscotch Dilly Bar!! YUM!!!

--------------------

#212983 - 09/13/05 12:43 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

This post made me go and get some Twix.

--------------------

#212986 - 09/13/05 12:48 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Man, I know what you're going through. There are certain times, though, when ya just got do it. (A teeny weeny bit won't hurt and it can be our secret )
Kristine

teeny weeny bit?!!?!! Are you kidding me!?!?!? I want A LOT!! lol just kidding...

I think for next month I'm gonna order one of these Medium-Large Chocolate Fountains ...

--------------------

#212987 - 09/13/05 12:49 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

This post made me go and get some Twix.

AAAwww..... sympathy eating for all us PMS'ing girls?!!? lol What flavor... we want details to drool over...lol

--------------------

#212992 - 09/13/05 12:57 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

No, not a chocolate emergency! I've been there! Did you get something during your lunch break? Anyway, I read your post and then had to have some Cocoa Krispies. Lol!

FYI - Sometimes my chocolate cravings can be satisfied with strawberries (although I can't eat too many) or something strawberry-flavored.

#213002 - 09/13/05 01:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

No, not a chocolate emergency! I've been there! Did you get something during your lunch break? Anyway, I read your post and then had to have some Cocoa Krispies. Lol!

FYI - Sometimes my chocolate cravings can be satisfied with strawberries (although I can't eat too many) or something strawberry-flavored.

I have not had lunch yet... still another hour and 10 mins!! CHOCOLATE....

--------------------

#213004 - 09/13/05 01:26 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I know what you mean! Only, it's not pms that's causing my craving. I have so badly been craving chocolate birthday cake! I have a box cake in the cupboard that I've been eyeing... the problem is the frosting! I want lots of frosting and not dairy free either!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Darn you Shell!! new
      #213011 - 09/13/05 01:53 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

As I was reading your post in flat mode, and where someone else said that you had made them want chocolate I thought, "Hm, that's weird, I don't want chocolate..." and I ALWAYS want chocolate.
Well, about 2 minutes later I found myself rummaging through my cupboards.. Hee hee!
But for two whole minutes, I did not crave chocolate, hee hee.
I am PMSing right now too, AF should be here first thing tomorrow (she is usually very prompt, the lovely thing) so I am glad I did a long gym work out today because tonight is my good TV night and as I will be on my butt on the couch, no doubt my mind will start to wander to chocolate and other yummies!
I am sending you good PMS vibes and the hopes that you will not pay for any chocolate indiscretions! Hee hee!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#213029 - 09/13/05 03:32 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Know what works for me? Tootsie roll. Break off a small piece and suck on it. It usually lasts long enough to stop the chocolate craving.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#213036 - 09/13/05 03:55 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Just a good old fashion Classic Twix bar. It was well worth it!

--------------------

#213037 - 09/13/05 03:59 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I know what you mean! Only, it's not pms that's causing my craving. I have so badly been craving chocolate birthday cake! I have a box cake in the cupboard that I've been eyeing... the problem is the frosting! I want lots of frosting and not dairy free either!

UUUmmm....froooooosting!! (Do I sound like Homer?) lol

--------------------

Re: Darn you Shell!! new
      #213038 - 09/13/05 04:00 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

As I was reading your post in flat mode, and where someone else said that you had made them want chocolate I thought, "Hm, that's weird, I don't want chocolate..." and I ALWAYS want chocolate.
Well, about 2 minutes later I found myself rummaging through my cupboards.. Hee hee!
But for two whole minutes, I did not crave chocolate, hee hee.
I am PMSing right now too, AF should be here first thing tomorrow (she is usually very prompt, the lovely thing) so I am glad I did a long gym work out today because tonight is my good TV night and as I will be on my butt on the couch, no doubt my mind will start to wander to chocolate and other yummies!
I am sending you good PMS vibes and the hopes that you will not pay for any chocolate indiscretions! Hee hee!
**hugs**
--Steph

hehehe sorry about that.. when I get that craving... it drives me nuts until I have some... and then even that does not always help...lol

--------------------

#213039 - 09/13/05 04:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Know what works for me? Tootsie roll. Break off a small piece and suck on it. It usually lasts long enough to stop the chocolate craving.

Too late.... aleady got some M&M's at 7-11...but it really did not do the trick.... I want MORE....lol Good thing I'm off to the gym in 2 hours!! LOL

--------------------

#213040 - 09/13/05 04:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Just a good old fashion Classic Twix bar. It was well worth it!

Oh, I'm sure it was.... **droolin**

--------------------

Re: At least get the good stuff. new
      #213069 - 09/13/05 05:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Go all the way, Shell--M&M's aren't chocolate! Put on a "French Woman" attitude and have the real thing and act out that deli scene from "When Harry Met Sally" when you do it.

Surround yourself with yummy smelling candles, too.

Okay, some 'healthier' options--chocolate soy milk/soy pudding/rice dream crap.

But that's wussing out and an insult to chocolate. So, I'd just go out and get the best damned real piece of chocolate that you can find and enjoy it.

Have you seen that movie, "Like Water For Chocolate?" Well the book is even better.

Actually, sex is better than chocolate, in my experience--can you squeeze in something of that nature, release those endorphins/opoids and get that whole CNS vibrating and humming?

I just ate a whole pack of cinnamon altoids at once. Colour me cinnamon. I have dragon blood tonight.

Have you ever had chocolate covered expresso beans? I haven't had those in forever and now you've reignited my craving! Da-- you, Shell! I think I'll stick to coffee--that does the trick for me!

Kate.

I know how you feel!!! new
      #213113 - 09/13/05 09:19 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I've actually been willing to forfeit a stable tummy for a TON of chocolate covered almonds too. Except, i'm like a week out of PMS so it might not just be hormones, LOL!

But sometimes, chocolate is the only freaking answer!

Just indulge, as long as it doesn't rip you to shreds...

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I was bad! new
      #213163 - 09/14/05 07:00 AM
RachelT

I had to do a good grocery run, and of course EVERYTHING looked so darn good. Well... I couldn't resist a package of Halloween Oreos . Oh... and I also bought a couple of sugar cookies from the bakery along with my *semi-safe* chocolate frosting that I'm going to cover my chocolate cake with.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: At least get the good stuff. new
      #213566 - 09/15/05 09:34 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Go all the way, Shell--M&M's aren't chocolate! That explains why I needed more yesturday and still want more!! LOL Put on a "French Woman" attitude and have the real thing and act out that deli scene from "When Harry Met Sally" when you do it.

Surround yourself with yummy smelling candles, too. right now I'm burning a cucumber mint candle.... better see if I have any desert smelling ones left.

Okay, some 'healthier' options--chocolate soy milk/soy pudding/rice dream crap. lol

But that's wussing out and an insult to chocolate. So, I'd just go out and get the best damned real piece of chocolate that you can find and enjoy it.

Have you seen that movie, "Like Water For Chocolate?" Well the book is even better.

Actually, sex is better than chocolate, in my experience--can you squeeze in something of that nature, release those endorphins/opoids and get that whole CNS vibrating and humming?

I just ate a whole pack of cinnamon altoids at once. Colour me cinnamon. I have dragon blood tonight.

Have you ever had chocolate covered expresso beans? YES....but I don't go near those now... they are too addictive & major trigger I haven't had those in forever and now you've reignited my craving! Da-- you, Shell! I think I'll stick to coffee--that does the trick for me!

Kate.

--------------------

Re: I know how you feel!!! new
      #213567 - 09/15/05 09:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I've actually been willing to forfeit a stable tummy for a TON of chocolate covered almonds too. Except, i'm like a week out of PMS so it might not just be hormones, LOL!

But sometimes, chocolate is the only freaking answer! you hit the nail on the head!!

Just indulge, as long as it doesn't rip you to shreds...

--------------------

Re: I was bad! new
      #213582 - 09/15/05 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had to do a good grocery run, and of course EVERYTHING looked so darn good. Well... I couldn't resist a package of Halloween Oreos . Oh, like black Oreo poop was not enough for ya....you had to throw in orange!! LOL Oh... and I also bought a couple of sugar cookies from the bakery along with my *semi-safe* chocolate frosting that I'm going to cover my chocolate cake with. Yum.... FFRROOSSSTTTIINNGGG.... who needs the cake? Just give me the frosting!! LOL When I was younger, we used to take itallian breadstick, those really HARD thin ones... and just dip those in the tub of frosting!! UUmm....

--------------------

Have you seen the Oreo and Chips Ahoy crips? Low in calories and fat! Safe for me and ymmy! -nt- new
      #213589 - 09/15/05 10:27 AM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#213595 - 09/15/05 10:33 AM
RachelT

You're too funny Shell! To be honest... I NEED THE CAKE!!! I love frosting too... but oh have I been craving cake! I'm actually torturing myself. I have a baby shower this Sunday and the woman putting on the shower for me has graciously agreed to serve chocolate cake for me (with frosting of course!). So, knowing full well that I will regret eating it now, I've been putting off making my box cake until sometime next week. Oh... *sighing very heavily*, the torture!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#213610 - 09/15/05 10:55 AM
Shell Marr

I'm just glad I will not be PMS'ing still in Vegas... I would just go CRAZY in this store (we went during Fall Sprawl 2004)... just put my head under the dispencer and eat them right there!! LOL I'd get kicked out!! LOL

--------------------

#213612 - 09/15/05 10:56 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

I'm just glad I will not be PMS'ing still in Vegas... I would just go CRAZY in this store (we went during Fall Sprawl 2004)... just put my head under the dispencer and eat them right there!! LOL I'd get kicked out!! LOL

Why do I sense a dare coming on? LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

ugh, me too, and not a thing in the house. Pooh!! nt new
      #213613 - 09/15/05 10:57 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#213614 - 09/15/05 10:58 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Why do I sense a dare coming on? LOL

I not only dare you...I double dare you!! LOL

--------------------

Re: ugh, me too, and not a thing in the house. Pooh!! (spoonfull of sugar? lol) nt new
      #213615 - 09/15/05 10:59 AM
Shell Marr

--------------------

That was cruel!! new
      #213619 - 09/15/05 11:10 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Posting pictures of Dairy Queen stuff!
Cruel & unusual, I tell ya!

Shell's a meanie!!

Re: Have you seen the Oreo and Chips Ahoy crips? Low in calories and fat! Safe for me and ymmy! new
      #213622 - 09/15/05 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Have you seen the Oreo and Chips Ahoy crips? Low in calories and fat! Safe for me and ymmy!

I'm going to pretend I never read this!!! LOL

--------------------

#213624 - 09/15/05 11:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You're too funny Shell! To be honest... I NEED THE CAKE!!! I love frosting too... but oh have I been craving cake! I'm actually torturing myself. I have a baby shower this Sunday and the woman putting on the shower for me has graciously agreed to serve chocolate cake for me (with frosting of course!). So, knowing full well that I will regret eating it now, I've been putting off making my box cake until sometime next week. Oh... *sighing very heavily*, the torture!

Well, that is nice of her to do that... and hey, you might get lucky...I understand some IBS triggers go away while your prego!?!?!?

--------------------

Re: That was cruel!! new
      #213626 - 09/15/05 11:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Posting pictures of Dairy Queen stuff!
Cruel & unusual, I tell ya!

Shell's a meanie!!

hehehe {{devilish laugh}}

--------------------

Ha! Ha!! My suggestion is embedded in your mind!! -nt- new
      #213647 - 09/15/05 12:08 PM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

LOL I'll be on the lookout! -nt- new
      #213884 - 09/16/05 12:03 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review