All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sad, sad!
      #211987 - 09/09/05 09:14 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I meant to post about this yesterday, but I was just too upset. The night before last, after a long and difficult battle (nearly four years) with cancer, my grandfather went to be with the Lord. I know that it is a relief that he is no longer suffering, but it makes me so sad that he had to die in order for his pain and suffering to stop! I've spent so much time crying about this for the past month and I don't feel it getting easier. He has been such an important part of my family and right now I feel like there is such an empty hole there! My husband went through a similar experience with his grandfather just before we got married and he's been very supportive and keeps on telling me that in time it will only be happy memmories even though right now everything is so sad - but I don't feel that now. I'm worried about my poor little gramma too, I know he meant SO much to her! Please pray for my family - Grampa's funeral will be on Monday.

= Sad mindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sad, sad! new
      #211989 - 09/09/05 09:38 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm so sorry for your loss. Things like this are never easy, but try to take comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain and is now with God!

Hang in there, things will get easier....it will just take time. *HUGS*

#211997 - 09/09/05 09:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry. Hugs.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

oh I'm so sorry Mindy -nt- new
      #212004 - 09/09/05 09:56 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#212009 - 09/09/05 10:05 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am so sorry! I know what you are feeling. I lost my grandpa three years ago after a 4 month battle with heart disease. It was so hard and I still miss him terribily. We also lost both of my husbands grandpas in June. They passed away within a week of each other. Just try to take comfort in knowing he is in a better place and no longer suffering. I will be praying for you and your family.

Re: My prayers are with you sweetie.... new
      #212011 - 09/09/05 10:10 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Know that loved ones never really leave you. He's in your heart, he's in your memories, and he'll be with you in spirit for the rest of your life. Your grandma will be OK. Be there for your family and you'll get through this. I remember losing my Grandma. It was time - and it was also cancer. In the end, I prayed for God to take her so she wouldn't suffer any more. I know my Grandma and your Grandpa are in a better place. The pain eases over time. Take comfort that he's lying in the arms of the Lord right now. He's happy. He wouldn't want you to be sad. Crying is fine - do as much of it as you need to. But remember you're crying for yourself - for your loss, not for your Grandfather. He's happy and pain free.
God be with you in this difficult time.
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#212027 - 09/09/05 10:30 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your Grandma in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and prayers honey new
      #212031 - 09/09/05 10:39 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I know it's so hard when they are that special to us. We still keep a picture of Eric's Mamaw and Papaw right where we can see it every day and we miss them both SOOO much. Some grandparents just have that special way of being so important to us, and they sure did - they were so dear to me. Big hugs to you and prayers for your family, what a blessing to have had such a special grandfather.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Min new
      #212040 - 09/09/05 10:57 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I hope you'll be ok. I know it's hard. I know you take comfort that he's not suffering anymore. My thoughts are with you.

~nelly~

Thanks guys... new
      #212051 - 09/09/05 11:21 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Thanks for your encouragement. I'll be spending the whole week next week in Pennsylvania with my mom's family. It will be good to be up there with everyone. His funeral is going to be gigantic! He meant so much to so many people! It will be good to spend time with my family, though. And I'll also be up there for my nephew's birthday so it will be nice to spend time with my sister and her family that day. I'm sure I'll post from my parents computer while I'm up there too.
Thanks everyone!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2511 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review