All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Don't know if this is more of anxiety instead... new
      #211295 - 09/06/05 12:25 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

but I have an intense fear of driving highways (even smaller ones)... all the fast paced backed up traffic, big trucks, not being able to quickley stop and get off if you want to, makes me wanna pee myself. I am alittle (but not all the way) better if someone else is driving. Also afraid of driving out of state, I think that has to do with the highway thing. And driving in cities. I live like 15 minutes at the most from philly, but will not drive to it, or in it.

I am also intensely afraid of fire, like I won't use and iron unless I know I will be home until it cools down. I won't keep lamps on when I go out. There are more things I can;t think of atm.

For my funny one... jello. I could eat it when very very little, but never enjoyed it. Got worse to the point that I could only eaet jello jigglers, but not bowls of it. By time I reached high school, if someone even MENTIONED jello I would gag. Even the smell of the powder makes me nauseated. Probably because it went up my nose before when I was making it for my sis when she was sick.
The way it slithers and slimes down your throat... EWW! I had a thing against spaghetti for alittle while for the same reason, but now I can occasionally enjoy it.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: weird phobias?? new
      #211297 - 09/06/05 12:29 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I am afraid of wide open spaces. I could never live in Kansas or Iowa. Also, those wind mill farms....they look like they are going to come to life and get me. We have them along the PA Turnpike now and I have to look away everytime. So weird!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Light bulbs -nt- new
      #211320 - 09/06/05 01:25 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

~nelly~

Re: Same here Sheri! new
      #211379 - 09/06/05 05:41 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I don't like driving on highways or far places. I would never drive to another state myself. If I had someone with me, I'd consider it. In fact, I have a dermatologist appt. next week and the doc is about 35min away from where I live. I will drive but I usually make my mom or sister come with me. This time my dad offerred to take me. Such a great dad (just gives him an excuse to take a half day from work!)

The other phobia I have is ferris wheels. I WILL not go on them. I'm so afraid I'll fall out.

Ticks gross me out. Not sure if that's a phobia but.....Oh and maybe my biggest is GERMS. I'm not OCD but daycares, grocery stores, schools, hospitals for sure, & doctors offices freak me out. I feel like the germs are jumping on me! Probably stems from my fear of throwing up too. I'm so afraid of catching stomach bugs so germs scare me

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

LOL!! new
      #211382 - 09/06/05 05:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Now I feel bad for saying that I thought my brother's fear of moths was weird! I didn't think I'd run into someone else that didn't like them!

I feel better now, knowing that someone else here sleeps with a nightlight. LOL!! I thought for sure I'd get laughed at, haha.

Police cars make me jumpy new
      #211384 - 09/06/05 05:51 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I didn't even realize it till today... a cop car slowed down in front of our house and my heart just about jumped out of my chest. Then I thought about it and it occurred to me that I do that every time I see a police car. Never mind that I've NEVER, in my entire life, done anything that I could be arrested for, making this a completely irrational reaction - LOL!

Actually, I don't think your fear is laughable at all. Growing up, it was completely ingrained in our heads to never, ever talk to strangers, but to really run like hell if you saw a stranger in a van. We were always told that twisted perverts would kidnap little kids and throw them in the back of the van. I don't think I got over that until my parents actually OWNED a van, haha.

*Slugs and Ferrets...gross!*~nt~ new
      #211386 - 09/06/05 05:54 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Re: weird phobias?? new
      #211389 - 09/06/05 06:01 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Ferris wheels - yipes. Those little cars are just too little!

Bridges! Well, just really long bridges. I drove across the Mackinac Bridge (connects Michigan's peninsulas) once, and that was plenty. I made my Mom talk to me all the way across. There's just something not right about a bridge 5 miles long where you can stand out on the roadbed and see the water below. See, if the road was solid, I think I'd be more okay with it.

Bridges... new
      #211393 - 09/06/05 06:10 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That's so funny! I LOVE bridges! They are why I became a civil engineer! They are fascinating to me..the whole math and design behind them.
My hubby is working on a bridge right now over the Illinois River that's over a mile long...it scares me sometimes (a painter fell off last week! He's ok), but I know why he does it - he loves it as much as I do!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Beds. new
      #211418 - 09/06/05 07:00 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I haven't slept in one in years. I associate them with coffins and death.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2082 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4160

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review