All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Girls, need some advice....
      #210853 - 09/03/05 05:42 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi everyone, I am just at my wits end. I will start off by saying...I hate football and internet poker!!! My boyfriend of 4 years just started playing online poker and I think him and his roomate are obsessed with it. Well now that football season has started its a double whammy, he never spends any time with me. He thinks that going out to eat like one night a week should be enough and he acts like I am ungrateful or something. It's like lately I have to literally persuade or drag him out the house to even go to Wal-mart!!! UGH...what do you do in a situation like this..he knows I am upset,but of course..its like well you know I like football, blah blah. Any suggestions???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Girls, need some advice.... new
      #210854 - 09/03/05 05:45 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't really have any advice for you, sorry... I'm a huge football fan myself, and DH knows not to interupt my games. I do, however, want to at least offer my sympathy to you. HUGS!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#210856 - 09/03/05 05:53 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Thanks for the support! It's cool that you are a footbal fan, I am actually one too but just not to the extent my bf is. I think since he is so obssesed with it, it totally turns me off to the whole thing. I am just asking for some time with him ya know, I dont want to feel like I am second or third on his "list."

Go to the movies with "the girls".... new
      #210861 - 09/03/05 06:52 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

it is hard to do but if he calls you and you are out with the girls maybe he will get the message.

Of course would I have taken that advice 20-something years ago when I was dating? Probably not....but I am older and wiser now!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#210877 - 09/03/05 09:37 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know what you mean! I too am a big football fan (GO STEELERS! ) but I totally understand what you mean. I love football, but I have no problem going out to dinner or hanging out with friends instead of watching the game alone when it comes down to it. '

Anyways.. I know how you are feeling about the boyfriend. Of course you can like football and poker, but you start to resent the things your boyfriend appears to like more then hanging out with you. I don't know why we do this to ourself, but I know that I too used to become resentful. My ex used to be obsessed with playing madden on playstation to the point where I hated the stupid game system. Mostly just because I was jealous of it as tragic as that sounds.

I second everyone else's advice. start being unavailable yourself and maybe he'll take notice. I know that when I used to go out and not wait around for my ex he definitly realized something was up after awhile and wanted to hang out with me more and more.

funny how us girls have so many tricks to outwit the boys.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1082 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review