Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Heart Ache
      #210487 - 09/01/05 04:15 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hey Guys...
I havnt posted in 6 days because my boyfriend was visiting me from nova scotia. We have a long distance relationship and we've been dating for 4 months. 2 of those months we both lived in the same province...Then i had to move because my dad is in the military and we got posted yet again. So Back in ontario i go...leaving my boyfriend in nova scotia. Everyone tells me, (almost every day, someone new) how our relationship will never work, and that its silly for us to even try. We have one year of highschool left, and then its Post secondary Education...and were both going to a school thats at the most, 2 hours apart. I know im only 17, and i know that ALOT Of long distance relationships dont work, i just wanted to see if any one had any experiences with it. We love eachother ALOT, and talk about our future, and everything we want together..and it just fits. I dont doubt our love one bit. He left today...back on a 27 hour train ride. Im upset right now... just cuz i miss him, but im hoping to go and see him for christmas..I know this is a silly post...but it seems like no one supports me...no one gets it. Anyways..Thanks for listening..or reading i guess LOL...
Melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heart Ache new
      #210493 - 09/01/05 04:53 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hello fellow Canadian. I feel your heartache. I started dating my husband when we were 19, just starting university. After 4 months of dating, he went on a coop term in Ottawa (we went to UV in Waterloo). Guess what? We've been married for 8 years. Don't listen to everyone else. If it's right for you, so be it. The distance will be the ultimate test for your relationship. If it's meant to be, you'll make it. If not, you'll drift apart.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#210511 - 09/01/05 05:26 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Don't let anyone tell you what's real and what's not. Big hugs to you for believing in love. Hang in there.

~nelly~

This is not a silly post! new
      #210540 - 09/01/05 07:07 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Your feelings are real and you are hurting...I would be too! That is difficult to be so far apart.

That is unfair for people to make you doubt your ability to maintain this relationship. Try not to let them doubt your feelings.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#210544 - 09/01/05 07:19 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi, I am sorry you are going through such a rough time. I am glad to hear that you are in love though! I was in love all through high school with who I thought was the "one" and we both went to two different colleges and he went a little crazy and ended up cheating on me. So it didnt work out..but actually I met my "Prince" about a week after the break up and we have been together for 4 years now. Two summers ago he wanted to travel once he graduated college so he went to Europe on a backpacking trip for 3 months! I was very excited for him. Everyone told me I was crazy for "letting" him go but I knew it was something he really wanted to do and I couldnt go with him because of my schedule so I wasnt going to hold him back. It was hard without him there for the whole summer and all I got was some phone calls and emails every other day. I love him so much that we made it through it and it was so much better when he got back because we both realized that we didnt ever want to be away from each other again!!Sorry for my rambling...but I really do believe that things happen for a reason and if it is meant to be it will be! Hope this helps!

*HUGS* new
      #210547 - 09/01/05 07:48 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Four months after we started dating, my boyfriend Mac left to spend a year abroad in Turkey. We saw each other twice that year, for two weeks in January and one week in June when I went over there to see him. We will have been dating for 2 and a half years in November, and he moved in with me this summer. Relationships are hard work, long distance ones even more so, but if you're willing to put in the work, they're worth it!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#210591 - 09/02/05 06:28 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I'm in a long distance relationship (different COUNTRIES) and it more than worked. He just proposed to me. If you guys ahve great communication and are very committed it CAN work!

#210604 - 09/02/05 07:08 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I agree -- long distance relationships are not automatically doomed to fail -- it really depends on the people involved. Another success story is my brother and his girlfriend. They had only been dating half a year when his girlfriend moved to South Korea for a year to teach English. But they kept in touch almost every day, and have a pretty strong relationship overall, so it worked out for them.

Everybody goes through this at some point - I'm just about to head over to Scotland for a year, and my girlfriend is staying in Nova Scotia, so we'll be going through the same problems. If both people are totally committed though, there's no way that it can fail.

- Vincent

If it's meant to be... new
      #210605 - 09/02/05 07:17 AM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

I know I know...you've heard it before...but it is true.
If your relationship endures the time apart...it is meant to be.
This may sound a little bold of me...but you are only 17...you have plenty of time to get serious with a guy. You have so much to think about still being in school, university is a whole different ball game.
I too had a boyfriend in high school and we tried to stick together through university but within the first year, I realized that we weren't trying hard enough to see each other, plus I was sooo wrapped up in school that we decided to be friends instead.
I am in my mid thirties and my husband and I dated long distance for 5 years!! I met him just after I graduated from university. I have been married to him now for 2 years!....it was well worth the wait.

#210612 - 09/02/05 07:36 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi there,

Long distance relationships can work!!!

My boyfriend lived away from me for a year (a few years back) and though it was difficult we made it through.

My other friend dated his fiance for 2 months and then she left to Japan for a year and guess what?? She just got back 3 weeks ago and they're engaged....so keep your chin up...it can work if you both make it work!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review