All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update
      #210007 - 08/31/05 05:38 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am still around reading your posts, although I haven't replied for a while.

Things are finally going brilliantly for me. The first step was quitting my office job and taking anti-depressants - my IBS instantly got loads better. I then went for some serious counselling (free, thank god for the NHS) which was v painful but helped get some issues I had had since childhood off my chest. It's funny how upset you can still be inside after all that time. Having someone to talk to and say that the situation was far from perfect really helped. Especially since my mum always says things are in my head, which really doesn't help!!

I am now working pretty much full time at a boarding kennels and plan to go back to college to do veterinary nursing next year, something that I have wanted to do since I was 16!!

I am still living in total bliss in my lovely house with the four loves of my life - Tara, Lucy the puppy and my two gorgeous kitties! Getting Lucy was the best thing we ever did. Tara also sort of proposed to me (I know we can't really get married properly). It doesn't seem like such a big thing as we've always joked that we are married for years and I know that we will be cantankerous old biddies together! We are hopefully getting my dad to make us some rings as we are totally broke and according to Tara it becomes official this December when we can sign some kind of partnership agreement and tell everyone.

Anyway, thanks to EVERYONE for being brilliant when I was at my most down. Looking back it was so terrible I don't know how I survived it.

Must go and get some dinner now and try and find a cool place in the house - after months of rain and cloud it's boiling here today.

Hope you all have as much luck as me,

Catherine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

She lives! new
      #210009 - 08/31/05 05:49 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

First off, congratulations! An engagement is an engagement, period - no matter what the silly governments have to say about the legality of the rest of it. How wonderful!

I was just wondering how you were doing... it's good to see you, and I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you. Good for you for pursuing your dream! Just from what little I know of you from your posts, I think you'll be perfect in the veterinary field.

All the best with everything! (And I selfishly hope you'll stick around a bit; I've missed your posts.)

Re: She lives! new
      #210018 - 08/31/05 06:45 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Course I'll stick around!

How are your two rats doing - I bet they must be quite tame by now. Mine have stopped biting me through sheer bribery (they love yoghurt drops and dog biscuits!!).

Hope things are improving for you and Adam. I wish I had some money making ideas, but I am completely broke myself. I've just started making jam with the plums on the tree and blackberries from the river - so at least I'll be able to eat that and the endless tomatoes I have in my greenhouse!!

Re: She lives! new
      #210035 - 08/31/05 08:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Nice to hear from you and so happy things are going so well!

Congrats on the engagement!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Glad to hear you're doing well! new
      #210332 - 09/01/05 12:26 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

We should be coming up your way in a few weeks - finally we have some free time!

Re: Update new
      #210370 - 09/01/05 08:14 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Catherine, I am so happy for you!

GOod job taking such a chance to make your life better, quitting the office job and starting out at the kennel took ALOT of guts!

It makes me so happy to hear when things finally come together for someone.

Congratulations and GOod luck with Tara! A marriage is a marriage, the important thing is that you have a commitment now, something tangibly permanent. If that makes any sense heehee.

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review