All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
no more whining about being "old'.
      #20892 - 09/16/03 01:43 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Okay ladies, (and you know who we are) I am turning over a new leaf. I refuse to refer to myself as old anymore. So what if clerks in the stores call me ma'am. So what if I am suddenly invisible when my gorgeous daughter is with me. So what if I am developing that little saggy thing under my neck. Look at Madonna and Sheryl Crow, they are still hot right? That's it. No more old for me, I am now hot. Okay, everyone can stop laughing now. artist

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Woo! Go Artist! -nt- new
      #20896 - 09/16/03 01:48 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: no more whining about being "old'. new
      #20905 - 09/16/03 01:57 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

A person is only as old as you feel - and honestly I don't think anyone is too "old" on this board.

There are some people out there who act like they are so OLD. I can honestly say - you ladies are hip and beautiful.

PS - Isn't it ironic how we spend half our lives wanting to be older and wiser and the other half wanting to be young and naive. LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20907 - 09/16/03 01:59 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

You go girl!!! Remember Age is just number. Youth is a state of mind. You don't get older, you get better!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#20933 - 09/16/03 05:52 PM
JAZMom

Reged: 07/09/03

Actually, I was just kind of joking about being an "old lady" (thus the quotation marks!) I certainly don't feel old. It is truly a frame of mind. Having young children helps - you have to keep up!

Artist, you are so hot my computer is melting! new
      #20949 - 09/16/03 07:45 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

You are so funny! I love your attitude! I am trying to be hot with my new contact lenses. My world is a little blurry with them, but I am determined not to wear my glasses.
And speaking of feeling old, don't you hate it when you realize that all of your doctors are younger than you are? When I went to see the ob/gyn recently, I considered checking her birth certificate! My son's dermatologist doesn't look old enough to have a driver's license yet.

Last weekend when my husband and I went to that black-tie affair, our 17-year-old son came into the bedroom and when he saw me in the strapless black dress, he said, "Wow, Mom! Where 'ja get that dress?" I think it was a shock for him to see his mom in something besides a nightgown. Ha! Then he said, "It's just like you and Dad are going to the prom." The look on his face was priceless.

BL you are ssssmokin'! new
      #20967 - 09/17/03 04:59 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Listen, can I borrow that little strapless number? Maybe I will actually get someone to wait on me at the Home Depot. : artist

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3254

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review