All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Actually, you have something there.... new
      #209264 - 08/28/05 01:39 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I get S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) in the winter, or when I am really shut in in the summer. A lack of sunlight and vitamin D causes you to definitely be blue, and the further north in Canada you live, the more prominant it is. I don't ever get a full blown depression, but I want to hibernate, eat carbs, and just be kind of sad.

Every February or so, I go for a few tanning sessions and it makes a big diff. in my mood.And eating!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What I decided to do for now... new
      #209272 - 08/28/05 02:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

First of all, thank you for the hugs, love, recommendations, advice, and SUPPORT *hugs*

I went to my first in-person Overeaters Anonymous meeting today! I DID IT! Hubby came along...and it was actually good...I plan to go back every day this week

I will get support this way for one of my issues.

As for sexual abuse support in addition to therapy, I plan to call the local uni like Ashley suggested...keep y'all posted!

For bipolar support there is a depression support group and I plan to try that.

I will MAKE what is available free of charge work for me OR I WILL speak to my psych and send something in writing and BE HEARD and I WILL get the help I need...and I know I can count on all of you to help me through!

I love you al soooooooooooooooo much *big huge hugs* for my family!!!!

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

OH - I'm so so proud for you!!! Can't you see...
      #209274 - 08/28/05 02:13 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

... this is over half the battle, just stickign up for yourself and going out there to get help?? I'm so proud of you I'm grinning all over myself!!

Better get back to cleaning up - kids and hubby are on their way home!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I've told you this before... new
      #209276 - 08/28/05 02:30 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I am sooooo very, very proud of you. You've made leaps and bounds and I'm so glad you're getting yourself help!

Lots of love and hugs!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Alicia/OCD/SAD new
      #209277 - 08/28/05 02:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I feel the change in the air, already! I picked up cruise brochures, even. Autumn and winter are the worst (understatement)! I'm taking the full dose of Buspar, which helps, but I'm already coping with secular distractions. There are a few months of the year that are so bad I cannot speak. I honestly have to put a "bubble" around myself. The handwashing, the hairpulling, the cleaning, the counting...all the rituals...I'm taking a peak at a Conestoga College calendar for something arty to zen-out/zone with, i.e. calligraphy. I have to keep this hands busy and it may as well be with something creative and mindfully mindless. I'm already not sleeping. I don't want to go out; I don't want to do anything. Unless I'm on drugs, eating is a battle. SO, I'm definitely on drugs!!!

Kate.

Re: Would "sunlight therapy" help you? new
      #209278 - 08/28/05 02:36 PM
Wind

Nope. One of the side effects of tegretol is increased light/heat sensitivity. Seriously, I have black curtains over my blinds. I wear sunglasses, even in the evenings--any flickering, even from the t.v. and I'm spazzing! I nap all afternoon and am awake all night long. It's a regular installment of 'the Witching hours' over here! Light makes me scream--it's painful.

Kate.

Re: Reaching out/Ruchie new
      #209280 - 08/28/05 02:52 PM
Wind

I know how alone you feel. I know how much you desire attention and audience--I hope the groups are an effective and healing distraction from yourself. Congratulations on testing the waters, taking some initiative. Sounds like you learned a few lessons from "A Man Loves A Woman."

Katie.

Go Ruchie!-nt new
      #209283 - 08/28/05 03:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#209297 - 08/28/05 05:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know all about the bubble. I seriously want to retreat into one for the winter - I have a terrible fear of germs and especially viruses - especially running rampant in the winter. Oh, I so hate winter. I live in terror for months on end. It's even worse with the kids - Liam is starting JK and will be bringing home stuff. Sigh. I'm depressed just thinking of it. I'm on Epival (bipolar) Luvox (OCD) Wellbutrin (just cause), and a very small dose of an anti psychotic to help me get to sleep (Sequitol or something like that). I was a nervous wreck today - washed hands all day long. Here we go again. Hellllp!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#209301 - 08/28/05 05:57 PM
Wind

I've been dusting baseboards with a toothbrush--I'm a scour demon, today. I'm going to pop a pill--my hands are raw and my nose is burning. Aie!!! Sore knees.

I can't imagine living with the responsibilities of kids/family, Alicia & bipolar/ocd. You are one helluva brave woman! Most days, surviving myself and myselves is challenging.

We sure are wired differently than the rest of the world.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review