All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Is it just me, or do we Canadians... new
      #208895 - 08/26/05 02:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Is it just me, or do we Canadians have more 'covered' options re: health care? Sure we have an obscene MD shortage--but it seems that we have more programs, options, etc.

Honestly, Rache--I don't know your rules, your system, what's in your area.

Lots of love and hang on to yourself. If it were me in your situation/conditions, I'd pull a little 'drama queen' out of the closet. Seriously. I am not advising anything, though.
I am also not suggesting anything. I am merely making a comment.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ruchie new
      #208901 - 08/26/05 02:32 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ruchie,

I took Tegretol for more than a year, and although it did make me a little tired, I still drove---and I went out in the sun! I don't think you have to give these things up just because you're on the medicine.

Now I wouldn't recommend going to the beach and sitting outside in the blazing sun for 5 hours and I wouldn't drive cross-country by myself if I were you, but you can go out in the sun and you should be able to drive around town.

The medicine is supposed to help you live as normal a life as possible and it should improve your quality of life, not make you a hermit!

Also, are you IBS-C or D? Because I noticed you said you're taking Klonopin. I take it occasionally, and when I do, it makes me C. I know everyone's different, but I just wondered if you noticed that it made your C worse.

I hope you can find a therapy group soon. I'll pray that God will open some doors for you!

Re: I'm SO angry! new
      #208905 - 08/26/05 02:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh Ruchie, that's terrible! Insurance companies make me so angry sometimes. All they care about is their bottom line. I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope you find something that will help you feel better.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Ruchie new
      #208907 - 08/26/05 02:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi BL *hugs*

For now, in the upping dose stages, I am forgetful and it is unsafe for me to drive. And the AZ sun is tooooo bright and hot for me for now. The Ativan is helping the anxiety or I WOULD need to be hospitalized right now!

Ativan does make C worse...I take magnesium and it seems to be helping!

I'm getting through today by being real and honest with my feelings. By FEELING them. This is one of THE hardest things I've ever done...but I'm making it right now...

I NEED HELP. But for now I am helping myself. Can I do this every day on my own/ I doubt it. But for now I am doing it for this moment....

I love you BL...you're right...Tegretol is supposed to help! And it will...I hope...and if not we will switch to another drug. But if I can be stable...not going out in the sun is ok with me. (Driving will be another story)

Thanks for loving me back *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Is it just me, or do we Canadians... new
      #208929 - 08/26/05 03:27 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I think we definately have more options that are covered for us, the good thing about our system is that even if you're dirt poor you'll still be able to get lots of help...but they've been taking stuff away (chiropractic, physiotherapy for example). Even with our terrible doctor shortage I think I'd still take our system over the US.

Re: I'm SO angry! new
      #208930 - 08/26/05 03:29 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm so sorry to hear this I can't believe there aren't any bipolar support groups around...that's just terrible. Could you call around to some places and see if maybe they could work out a sliding scale fee schedule for you? Or payment plans?

Sorry also to hear about your doggy...I can sympathize on that one as my cat's vet bills are getting scary and I don't know where we're going to get the money from. I've been selling my clothes on Ebay

Hang in there, email me anytime
Kelly

What if your doc called the insurance company? new
      #208947 - 08/26/05 04:35 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Insurance companies make exceptions all the time. Would insurance pay if you were an inpatient?

Here in California, there is a law that says if you have a diagnosed mental illness, insurance companies cannot put a cap on your number of visits per year.

I don't know what your exact policy says, but maybe you would gain some headway if your doctor called the insurance company? Ashley's university idea is a great one, too.

Big hugs, Ruchie!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I think that doctors can appeal cases new
      #208984 - 08/26/05 06:47 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...if the doctor fills out papers and explains the need for treatment.

But, then again, if the husband's work does not have this coverage in there insurance plan (ie, if the company does not pay the insurance company for this coverage) then the employees may not have a chance. I found this out when I tried to get Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy.

I'd still try the appeal though. It can't hurt to try.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Kate, I didn't know you were Canuck! From where? new
      #209010 - 08/26/05 07:55 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Yes, we are waaaaayyy more covered than these poor friends of ours to the south. A hospital stay should never cost us a cent. I go in a few times a year and have never been charged for anything but my TV.
That's how it SHOULD be, IMHO!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ruchie,
      #209013 - 08/26/05 08:01 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Oh, girl, you poor thing! Does it ever end for you? augh!I don't know what else to add, other than we are all here for you, and I'd love to talk and help you through things. As a former victim of abuse of some kind, I can offer a little bit of insight, right?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18353

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review