All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ISABEL
      #20879 - 09/16/03 12:21 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I hate hurricanes. Can I stress that enough? I live in the middle of the state of North Carolina and we still get hit every time a hurricane hits. It SUCKS!!! I am in the process of getting ready for the storm. My dilema is that this is the first time that I live in a neighborhood that does not get power back quickly. I have no idea what foods to prepare. During the ice storm this past year the power in this neighborhood was out for 13 days. So I don't know what to prepare for. It sucks when you can't eat pb&j easily. I can eat it every once in a while, but I don't know what foods I am going to eat if I lose power for an extended period of time. Any suggestions???

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ISABEL new
      #20891 - 09/16/03 01:40 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

YIKES!! You have quite a time ahead of you....good luck!

What about can goods like tuna? Could you not make a few meals up before the storm hits to have ready so you are still eating pretty normal.

I am sorry I have never been through a hurricane before so I may not be full of that many ideas LOL. Just know that I truly sympatize with you - it has to be scary.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20986 - 09/17/03 08:09 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I have to go to the store at lunch because we are going to get hit with some serious rain tommorrow...and probably will lose power! I am praying that everyone involved stays safe....

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#20993 - 09/17/03 08:40 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hope it doesn't get too bad in your area. I'm in Charlotte and besides some high winds Friday morning, they are predicting a beautiful sunny weekend for us. We are leaving Friday afternoon to go to Savannah, Georgia to do a college visit with our son. Our other son will be staying with friends here. I sure hope the weatherman is right and that Charlotte doesn't get it bad while we are gone! My beagles will be at the house by themselves. Don't want them to get blown away! Good luck!

#20998 - 09/17/03 09:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Lana's right! I actually survived Hurricane Andrew! Get lotsa water from the store pronto! Buy lots of canned good items! Make sure you have plenty of bread in the house. Pretzles and Rice Chex too. You might not be eating fancy but at least you won't go hungry and you went get a tummy ache! Oh...also, buy fat free saltines!

Hope the Cane doesn't go your way....

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2850 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review