All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FUNNY STORY!..darn those cops
      #208278 - 08/24/05 07:47 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Tonight my bf and I went out to dinner. I didnt really have much to eat and felt fine when were there. Well afterwards we went back to his apartment..and then my stomach started killing me so I told him I had to go.(We have been dating for 4 years so he totally knows about the IBS) So when I get in the car..I feel like I am going to EXPLODE! I am only about 5 mins away from my bf's but it felt like 30 mins! Well GUESS WHAT...I get stopped by a cop for going 7 over the speed limit!(on back roads mind you)...and he comes up to the window and I say look officer I am really sick and I live right around the corner(as I am sure he sees me holding my stomach). He says "well I am sorry but do you know how fast you were going..blah blah.." So finally I was in soo much pain...I just said "LOOK, I am really sorry but I have IBS and I have to get home right now or else!!" He said ok..well Ma'am....umm...make this a warning.....and he let me go!!!!!LOL LOL SO embarrasing but you have to do what you have to do!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FUNNY STORY!..darn those cops new
      #208285 - 08/24/05 08:02 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

HHAHAHHA GREAT STORY!!

At least the cop knew what ibs is. alot of people have no idea! and trust me.. i'm a d too so I know exactly how you were feeling. I would have done the same thing.

--------------------

Ha..ha...I am married to one! ~nt~ new
      #208322 - 08/25/05 04:38 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#208326 - 08/25/05 05:16 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

YEah, I guess he had to make his quota of tickets for the months. Don't get me started... In NY I think the cops do a fantastic job but... they have to meet a quota of tickets every month mandated by the dept. This forces the cops to give out tickets (which are a huge revenue for the city) for stupid things when they could be using their time in a more useful way. But, to pull you over for 7mph over the limit? That is just stupid.

--------------------

#208330 - 08/25/05 05:41 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I wouldn't have been so nice. I would have straight out told him I was about to $*** myself. We don't mince words where I come from.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#208351 - 08/25/05 07:16 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

That happened to me once when I was seventeen, when I was new to IBS... but I was going ALOT faster then seven over!

I was let go, but he made me wait while he ran my stuff. I don't tell this to anybody, but since we are all IBSers here (I think I told Nelly and Dalia in NY though)... I actually DIDN'T make it that day.
It took a long time to get over the fear of being in a car after that...

--------------------
-Sheri

#208359 - 08/25/05 07:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm glad he let you go!! I hope he knew you were serious and not just trying to get out of a ticket!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#208361 - 08/25/05 07:34 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh no Sheri, you didn't make it.

That's too bad. I've come VERY clsoe to not making it to the point that I thought I might ahve to pull over and go behind a bush but never have.

#208470 - 08/25/05 10:13 AM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Yea I really think that he knew how much pain I was in..you know how when your stomach starts cramping really bad you start sweating?..well thats how I was. So maybe he was really scared for me!LOL..whatever it was it worked!

#208516 - 08/25/05 12:36 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Once I was out to eat with my cousins and someone was in the bathroom so I figured I could wait till I got home. A short way down the road I kept saying "faster, drive faster". We finally stopped at another restaraunt and I walked in like I owned the place (really wanted to double over), went to the bathroom and left like I still owned the place. Of course my cousins thought I had fallen in I was in there so long. They laughed all the way home.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1210 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review