All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Nelly! new
      #208079 - 08/24/05 09:35 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Glad to hear that you had such a blast! You had me laughing at my computer with your post of meeting the locals in the bars and hanging out with them, you are sooo outgoing!.

Sorry about the bf being grumpy, I am sure that he will get over it and you will be back to normal.

Good thing that you don't have to share a bedroom with him!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LOL! new
      #208081 - 08/24/05 09:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Nelly you are so funny- how did the jeans that you didn't have time to try on work out? Also what about that designer top from Penneys?

I loved the combats (cargo pants) they looked great on you- in fact Tina, Nelly is wearing them in the Saturday pics.

I always bring an empty bag with me when I travel to fill, esp if I am going to a good shopping desination (You should see the amount of luggage we brought back from our US trip)

Nelly- you are so funny with the comment re BF and clothes you didn't get in Dublin! Good that he is back to being nice again.

--------------------
S.

Re: Nelly! new
      #208094 - 08/24/05 10:00 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You got that right, Sheri! Let him be a grump in his OWN bed!

Next year I absolutely insist you do this trip with me, Sheri. You would have been so at home with my late night antics and all the locals!! A couple times I actually thought of you and knew you'd be having a blast. The one thing I would have done if you were here tho is see the Crystal Method and Basement Jaxx, who were playing on Friday night and Saturday!!

But in any case, it would have been cool to have one more cool rock chica there to pub hop with! You would have really gotten a kick out of the guys I met. Like this Eric guy from Wales, who had a tattoo of the red Welsh dragon on his arm. He was following me around all night from pub to pub telling me all about Wales, trying to get me to take off my green hat(!!!). Or one of the many Seamus-es I met. Or this guy Jimmy whose number I still have programmed in my phone somehow, who got me up to Irish dance with him, even tho I'd forgotten the steps. I just did what he did, with a second time delay.

I did teach my friend John from Liverpool how to do absinthe shots with sugar, a spoon and fire on one night after Natalie and I toured the Guinness factory at a fast-run type pace. Ask her when she gets back about that night.. she said absinthe had killed her the weekend before, and she'd been doing the shots all wrong compared to what we were doing.

Ah, the memories. They come flooding back, through the haze.

~nelly~

Re: Nelly! new
      #208101 - 08/24/05 10:03 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Awww! Iwill start an irish getaway fund and start putting away ASAP. : )

That all sounds so great! Hopefully my life will be alot more stable by then, too

--------------------
-Sheri

#208102 - 08/24/05 10:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

ha ha that's cute! Is he back to normal now?

#208105 - 08/24/05 10:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok Sinead, I'll look at that pic.

I should bring an extra bad with me to NY too. Good idea. I ended up buying 2 pairs of sandals and a bunch of clothes (inclusing 3 I love Ny shirts for relatives) and they JUST BARELY fit in my suitcase. ha ha

Cailin, natalie and nelly's shopping trip! new
      #208108 - 08/24/05 10:09 AM
Nelly

I can't believe I found that top for 2 Euro!! I actually told a girl in the airport I met on the way out that I'd been introduced to Pennys-- what a crazy store!

Everything fits like it's supposed to, thank heavens! The jeans are my absolute favorites, and there's nothing like them available in the States. Wait 6 months and everybody'll be wearing them, but I get to be first!! I tried on the cargos for BF and he made me turn around-- TWICE. They are really flattering to my bum! And now I have independent verification of this!!

You are so right about bringing an empty bag. I should have done this, but I guess I *knew* i was going to buy another bag. I can't believe my luck this whole trip with shopping. If I had stayed another day, I would have brought home twice as much, I'm SURE. You and Natalie were so patient with me, waiting for them to dig out my size in the back. We were really down to the wire in the end, them closing the shop on us finally! LOL!

I'm munching on a tasty bar right now.. Must stop consuming them at this rate!!

~nelly~

Re: Back from Dublin! new
      #208113 - 08/24/05 10:13 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Sounds like you had an amazing time!!! I so wish I could have been there with you all!!! Nelly it sounds you and me together shopping could be a very expensive experince!! LOL Glad you had a great time can't wait for more pics!!
HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Sheri! new
      #208116 - 08/24/05 10:15 AM
Nelly

Your life doesn't have to be stable!! Sometimes it's good to get away when your life gets away from you. I can't tell you how many boyfriends I've left simply by going to europe and telling them that we should give it a rest because who knows what our situation will be when I get back!? grin:

Def start that irish getaway fund! You know the funny thing? I brought an old college ID that happens not to have a date on it, and I used it a bunch of times to get a discount, at the Guinness factory and the waterfall park to name 2. (Tho I think Cailin paid at the waterfall, tee heee!) The ID's 9 years old, I kid you not. LOL!

~nelly~

Heather7476! new
      #208121 - 08/24/05 10:18 AM
Nelly

Nice to see you back, kiddo! I was getting lonely being one of the last card carrying members of the Knock Me Over My Head Club!

What we need is a couple sugar daddies and their gold cards! OK, just their gold cards, LOL! I bet we could get a lot of power shopping done in a day. I personally need a new pair of everything. Like, all the time.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 444 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review