All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re:Praying for your cat! new
      #207919 - 08/23/05 04:15 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

SO sorry to hear about this. I myself have had a cat for 2 1/2 years and he is a spoiled rotten baby. I dont know what I would do if he were sick, I even get really stressed when he gets a hairball!! I will pray for you and hope everything works out for the best. I really hope that your father will help you out with the cost.
BTW : My roomate used to work at a vet's office and they would have people come in that couldn't afford things for their pet to get certain things done and sometimes they would put out collection pots there in the office or at other large places explaining that the cat/dog was sick(telling its story or show a pic). You know alot of people couldnt pass the chance up to help out an animal! Hope this helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That is no fun... new
      #207957 - 08/23/05 07:22 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

I can understand your sadness....I have a "furchild"...and life without her would be devastating. Have you thought of checking out another vet? What about through the city....don't they offer somekind of clinic for animals????.....Perhaps asking for a loan from your dad is the best thing. It is expensive at the vets...I cringe whenever we go for a routine check up.
Hugs are sent your way.

Kelly new
      #208009 - 08/24/05 06:01 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I hoep your feeling better! Can you work out some kind of payment argment with your vet? I hope your kitty is ok! Let us know that YOU are ok!!!

BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Update new
      #208153 - 08/24/05 11:34 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for your kind posts...it made me feel so much better

So far, we don't know much. The little guy is actually sitting on my lap as I type this and seems in reasonably good spirits. The vet called today and said they didn't find any worms/parasites (don't know if this is good or bad at this point) but they agreed the consistency/colour etc. was just really "off" (great). So, they asked if there'd been any change in him and I updated them. He hasn't even gone to the bathroom since we took him to the vet so we don't know if the meds are constipating him or what, and then we found a spot of blood on the carpet this morning that we assume is from him so that makes me sad And he's sneezing a lot but who knows what that means.

So, the vet tech said she'd pass the info on to the doctor and he'd call me back, but they'll likely need to see him again and want to run a more "comphrehensive" fecal (read: regular fecal = $35 comphrehensive = $100) and will go from there.

Thanks to everyone for keeping him in your prayers

Kelly

Re: Update new
      #208186 - 08/24/05 01:15 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

awww kelly, I hope everything goes ok for your kitty, those little guys can grow on ya quickely, huh? Your kitty is very lucky to have you for a mommy... so many people just don't want to put time/money/effort into helping their pets and keepiong them well, they think they are just something that you throw away once they become defective.

I wouldn't want to go to my parents for money, either, but I am glad that you are considering it as an option if there is no other choice, since it is to save your little guys life!

And I think that is an excellent idea that Heather mentioned, to check to see if they have payment plans, allthough I doubt vets do that it is worth a shot! It gets so ridiculous, how much those bills add up!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: My cat is sick and I'm at the end of my rope new
      #208189 - 08/24/05 01:21 PM
Alissa

Reged: 08/24/05

I am sorry to hear about your cat. I just had to put my cat down for the same reason. I took her to the spca. They told me that they would find out what was wrong and help me if it was something that can be fixed with simple meds. but she had feline hiv and cancer. They put her to sleep about 3 weeks ago. I know what you are going through. and feel your pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2542 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review