All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Did my first injection last night!
      #207419 - 08/22/05 09:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I was pretty nervous and WIll wasn't home so I was all alone! I gathered up all the supplies I needed and propped myself up in bed. I mixed up all the solution and changed the needle and jabbed it into my tubby!! The needle itself really didn't hurt much but the medication BURNED! When I was done, I just had a lump. A few hours later it started turning red and it was still burning. I woke up this morning to a HUGE RED welt, about 3inches by 3 inches!

It itches and it burns! I knew it would leave a welt but this is crazy! I called the RE and stopped in to show her and she thinks I'm overly sensative to something in the medication. So, she wrote me another script for Gonal-F, its very similar but hopefully I won't be as sensative to it!

I had to go to THREE pharamcies to find someone who had it in stock! I'm SO lucky to have good insurance! This medication is also over $2,000 and I just had a $20. copay! I have 18 vials of the repronex left and will donate it to the clinic so they can give it to someone who doesn't have insurance!

So, when I get hone tonight, I'll need to do another injection. She said I can do it on the other side of my tummy to avoid the red welt! Lets hope I don't react as badly to this one!

I'll continue to give myself shots in the tummy and go in Friday morning for an ultrasound to check follicle production. At that point, we will increase or decrease the medication depending on how my follicles look. I'll also have some blood work done to check estrogen levels and they are doing a fasting insulin test as well. She is concerned that I may have some sugar issues because of all the weight gain lately.

She asked if I wanted to do the iui this month and I haven't decided that yet. I just don't know. I mean, I KNOW i CAN get pregnant so I'm not sure it will increase my chances much but than again, I don't want to drag this out any longer the needed! I guess I still have a week or so to decide!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Did my first injection last night! new
      #207421 - 08/22/05 09:37 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Good luck this month.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Wishing for you a baby this month! ~nt~ new
      #207437 - 08/22/05 10:07 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#207444 - 08/22/05 10:16 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

wow michele you are one tough cookie!

I dunno how I'd do giving myself shots.. but I guess when the outcome is worth it, it makes it much easier to do!

good luck with everything

--------------------

#207450 - 08/22/05 10:20 AM
michele

Thanks Girls!! I found a really cool site that shows the cycle day by day with the medications I'm now on! If your interested, here it is http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/advancedtreatments/ovulationinduction/cycle.jsp.

I did repronex last night which is similiar to gonal-f but since I'm senstaive to it, I'll be doing the gonal-F tonight. In the past cycles, I've taken an oral medication, either clomid or femara instead of the stronger, injectable medication. I've been doing the ovridel, or hcg injection to trigger ovulation and I use progesterone vaginal suppositories instead of the crinone but they are pretty much the same thing, just one is in suppository form and one is a gel, both terrible messy!

Anyway, I know there are several others thinking about starting to "try" soon and thought you might find the link interesting!

--------------------

Good luck Michele!! ~nt~ new
      #207477 - 08/22/05 11:27 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#207497 - 08/22/05 12:15 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good luck, Michele! I hope you don't get welts from the new stuff, and I hope this is your month!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good luck Michele new
      #207500 - 08/22/05 12:29 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I've been thinking about you a lot latley. I hope things work out this month for you. I've been praying for you too.

You are an amazing woman. Take care!!! BIG HUGS!

--------------------

Well, new
      #207510 - 08/22/05 01:13 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

you certainly win an award for perserverance michele!! I can't even imagine giving myself a shot. I mean, I can take them fine, but I don't know if I'd work up the guts to do it to myself. I guess when you want something badly though, you find it in you somehow.
Good luck with all this mess, I'm thinking of you!

--------------------

Re: Thanks so much girls
      #207522 - 08/22/05 02:20 PM
michele

I was very nervous about giving the shot to myself but it really wasn't too bad, once I worked up the nerve to jab the needle in! The needle really doesn't hurt, its pretty small. The new medication I picked up today looks a bit easier to use. The "saline" is already in the syringe so I just shot that into the vial, draw up the solution, shot it into another vial, draw up the solution again, change needles and inject! Its all in a neat little kit. I'm SO hoping it doesn't react as much!

I'm embarrassed to say but I had to take my panties off earlier because they were rubbing on it SO bad!! Aw well, I don't think anyone can tell and I'm out of work soon! Here's to hoping I can post that it worked in a few weeks!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1758

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review