All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hi friends (sheepish wave)!!
      #207279 - 08/21/05 07:20 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I've been AWOL since we started our homeschool year but miss keeping up so thought I'd poke my face in for a minute, been lurking in and out when I have a sec but those have not been too often lately! Thought I'd give a quick bit on our life here, though. Homeschooling Luke in first grade and Aaron in kindergarten is 1) more work than I thought it would be, just finished this week's "lesson plans" and 2) more fun and fulfilling than I thought it would be, so I guess it balances out! Sarah is still the precocious 3 year old that she is. Each of them have a special activity this year, it took some time to figure out what would be "right" for each of them. Sarah will be taking dance one morning a week, an hour class with 1/2 hour of ballet and 1/2 hour of tap. I honestly used to pick on moms who put 3 year old little girls in such things but this girl NEEDS SOMETHIGN, she is like a 2-foot tall 13 year old, I cannot even tell you. Aaron will be doing a Tae Kwon Do class 2 days a week, found one we really like - will be driving past three others to get to this one but it is a great place, the instructors are actually from Thailand and treat the children with such patience and soft tones of voice and mutual respect, but still instill those really strong values, I just really like it and think he will eat it up. Luke, I was worried about, because I'd hoped he could do the TKD with Aaron but his autism issues are still challenging enough that he cannot handle it. But praise the LORD, he will be doing Horseback Riding Therapy and I cannot wait!!! SO... we will be on the go several times a week along with all else but it should all be very good. So, if you wonder where I am - that's where I am!! Another bit of good news is that this aciphex is really working on my stomach so apart from the normal IBS ups and downs I am physically doing better than in a LONG time. Dh is fine, busy at work and busy here when he gets home, of course. Oh, how could I forget Samwise???? He got neutered this week and won't leave the stitches alone so he has one of those poor E-collars on and is acting quite pitiful, hopefully he can take it off later this week and get back to playing/running around. Otherwise he's fine too.

Praying for peace of body, mind, and spirit for each of you!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi friends (sheepish wave)!! new
      #207283 - 08/21/05 07:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm so selfish...I just want to see more of you! Having read your post makes me realize just how much I miss you, Michelle! (add a tear to the face).

Sounds like you are all busy, and well, which is good. I have such great respect for how much time and compassion you have for your family. The amount of love you have for them certainly shows.

Much love and hugs to you, friend. And please keep those prayers coming. They are needed and so appreciated.

Please stop in when you can. I miss you so much.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#207298 - 08/21/05 08:05 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Nice to see your smiling face!! Wow - you seem busy, but enjoying it at the same time.

THat is exciting for Luke to go horseback riding - hope that goes really well for him. Make sure you post pictures.

Tae Kwon is an awesome sport - Aaron should really enjoy it. I pulled my oldest and youngest out a couple years ago, because we can't afford it. They want to get back into Tae Kwon.

The joys of having a girl are watching them do ballet. How precious and please post pictures of her in her outfit.

You keep on doing a great job as a mom and glad your health keeps improving.

#207304 - 08/21/05 08:10 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awww so nice to hear from you again. I was wondering where you went as well.

As for the homeschooling, I'm sure its a very tough but rewarding job. Do you plan to do it throughout their educational careers?

--------------------

#207357 - 08/22/05 04:24 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well hi stranger. Seriously... whenever I don't see anyone around here for a while, I figure they're busy living life, and I'm glad to see that's the case with you (and not anything bad happening!). Glad you could check in for a minute! Missed your smiling face!

Same here - absence typically just = busyness! Thanks! nt new
      #207363 - 08/22/05 05:04 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

For now, yes, but... new
      #207364 - 08/22/05 05:05 AM
ecmmbm

I try not to speak of the future with TOO much certainty! A few years ago I'd have said "I'll never homeschool" yet here I am doing it! I like the idea of schooling this way for the long haul, and as they are reaching high school subjects, having them take a few of those at the community college to go ahead and get credit and also ease into the transition. We'll see though!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

I'll be sure to post pictures when I can! nt new
      #207365 - 08/22/05 05:06 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Beth you're SUCH a dear! new
      #207366 - 08/22/05 05:08 AM
ecmmbm

It is nice to be missed. I wish I could check in every day but I get "sucked in" because I like you guys SOO much and then I lose track of all I need to be doing. But I am around and you know you can email whenever you need to! I appreciate the card you sent a while back, that was a particular crazy week and I don't know if I even answered? Well, I care about ya and think of you a LOT and it's nice to chat with you again, has been a while huh?

Love ya,

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#207405 - 08/22/05 08:58 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Wow, what a life!

Horseback Riding Therapy for Luke sounds so cool. At the stables I used to work at, we had some autistic and disabled kids come riding and it was amazing how it helped them...especially when it came to connecting to the animals even if they couldn't connect to the people. Hope Luke likes it!

And I started ballet when I was about Sarah's age and loved it...it gave me great posture too, even though I gave it up by high school.

Good luck with Samwise and the collar! Archie HATES it when he has to wear one...and he's getting snipped next month too. Our neighbours have just got a JRT bitch puppy that Archie adores...and she can get under the fence...so he needs to be snipped before she starts growing up!

#207407 - 08/22/05 09:01 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

God bless you. You are an amazing woman to do home schooling. I have a Bachelor of Education and couldn't consider it. Wow. What an undertaking. You are a very special person. Keep sticking that head in for a quick hi now and then!!
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 564

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review