All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I feel ill...and guilty
      #206334 - 08/18/05 02:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've got so much work to do this week having been away for 2 weeks - my boss was supposed to be covering my work and I don't think he did a THING!

Buuuuttt....I feel absolutely crap. STILL not over this darn flare...and Si finally did some of my back trigger points on Sunday and I was still feeling the after effects from the horrific agony yesterday. I think I might be coming down with something as I've been getting even more feverish and faint spells than is usual for me in a flare. At least that would mean this isn't just the Fibro. And the IBS. D all this week....the energy drink that's the only thing keeping me awake ain't helping that, but what am I to do!? I'm gonna be extra safe food-wise from today and I've taken Immodium.

It's 1025am and I should have left an hour and a half ago. But there's no way I was getting into my van for at least an hours drive when I felt faint and was having D.

Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not skiving? I haven't called work as I do flexi-type-time so as I'm going to get to work asap I'm not calling in sick. Plus we need money, I can't risk losing my job and I get paid less if I take a sick-day. Does 3 days off sick in 3 and a bit months sound excessive to you guys?

Think I need some reassurance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel ill...and guilty new
      #206335 - 08/18/05 02:35 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Sounds fine to me ... but you do need to be careful especially as it is a new job. Some people just don't seem to understand what it is like living with a chronic illness.

You are NOT skiving - try not to feel guilty as that always makes me feel worse, then I get myself all het up and stressed - and the d gets worse!! Vicious circle time!

Hope your flare settles down soon and that we can meet up and introduce the dogs at some point. How is Archie btw???

Feel better - and don't push yourself too much at work.

Catherine

#206338 - 08/18/05 03:17 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Linz, if you are ill you are ill, end of story. Working when ill will only make you worse.
Its hard with "conditions" and new jobs, we know you're not skiving, but if you think your boss does then maybe talk to him/her and explain the story. BTW I read somewhere that bosses are less suspicious if you take more than one day sick leave, unless you have medical condition that they know about (I think asthma was the one they mentioned) so if they don't know just explain to them and explain your concern about needing the sick leave.

Hang in there

S

--------------------
S.

#206346 - 08/18/05 05:16 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh Linz, I am sorry you are feeling so ill. That sucks. I hope you take care of yourself and get better. As far as the sick days goes, I think it depends on your boss. When I first started this job I got the flu less than 2 weeks after I started. I took two sick days right after two vacation days (I went to a bachelor party for a weekend). I went to the doctor and got a note but my boss looked at me like it was quite unnecessary when I handed it to him. He is really cool like that. So, it really depends on how your direct supervisor is. In any event, good luck with everything and take care of yourself.

--------------------

#206387 - 08/18/05 07:43 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Does your boss know you have fibro and ibs? If you're too sick to work, then you cannot go in! Try not to worry and have a talk with him once you're better and can go in.

I often wish working full-time was necessary. I would love to work A LOT less.

#206391 - 08/18/05 07:47 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry your feeling so crappy right now. I work in a small office and sick days are not an option. If I don't go to work, the office doesn't open! So, I do understand the pressure. I forget exactly what your job is right now but is there anything you could bring home and do? I would just explain to your boss about the fibro and explain that there may be times when it prevents you from doing your work but when your feeling better, you'll make up for it! Lots of love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

*lots of gentle HUGS* new
      #206401 - 08/18/05 08:24 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I completely commiserate, sweetie. I've been forcing myself out of bed to go to campus for the past two weeks, I just want a day off! My IBS is being finicky, and I've been still flaring. The extra-strength tylenol's not doing much, and too much walking is making my fibro worse (I went to the mall with my roommates on Saturday evening, and ended up flaring worse on Sunday. Yesterday I went to the post office and to the bookstore, and I hurt so much, I almost didn't make it to the shuttle bus stop last night to get a ride home! Luckily Mac could drive me to campus this morning!)

Anyways, Linz dear, if you can, take the day off, you obviously need it. If you don't, it will just get worse.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 736

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review