All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tomorrow is my Anniversary...any good movie suggestions?
      #205138 - 08/12/05 09:00 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow is my anniversary (I'm not married but have been with bf 7 years) and we'd like to go out to dinner and a movie. This is a big deal for us since money has been really tight recently but we have some gift certificates for the movie so we'll only have to pay for dinner.

So, I could use any good recommendations for movies. Nothing scary as I can't handle them, but if anyone has seen or heard anything good recently, I'd love the opinions.

Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well.... new
      #205182 - 08/13/05 08:00 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

We don't do a lot of movies that aren't completely geared towards our younger kids. There is one that I have been wanting to see(because it's based on a show I grew up with, but you are much younger than I am I think), it's the Dukes of Hazzard. I love stupid comedy and am a huge fan of Sean William Scott( I LOVE "Dude where's My Car?"). Now that I think about it my 21YO and teens are wanting to see it, so maybe you'd be interested in it too.... Just a thought. BTW, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you two have a fabulous time! Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Tomorrow is my Anniversary...any good movie suggestions? new
      #205210 - 08/13/05 09:04 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

If it's still out where you are, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was awesome. Also, I really want to see the March of Penguins movie!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

March of the Penguins! new
      #205311 - 08/13/05 08:12 PM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

there's not a better date movie out there! i went a few days ago on a double date; it was "cheap date night" at one of the theaters in the city (free popcorn and large drink...of course i couldn't partake *sniff* so my boyfriend with a super metabolism dipped into all 4). but it was worth the torture cuz this movie was absolutely brilliant and wonderfully done. they captured the penguin SO well, it was so touching, i felt like the penguins were humans! and morgan freeman narrates! anyways, if you don't go tomorrow, def see this incredible documentary sometime soon!

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3930 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review