All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Breast Reduction Consultation tomorrow too!
      #203680 - 08/08/05 05:33 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Very busy week this week!
Tomorrow at 9 AM is my consultation with the surgeon for a breast reduction!
Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Breast Reduction Consultation tomorrow too! new
      #203753 - 08/09/05 04:55 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

#203784 - 08/09/05 07:08 AM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Steph,

Good luck with the consultation. I had a breast reduction three years ago and it is one of the best things I have ever done!

#203786 - 08/09/05 07:15 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Good luck! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Leaving for my appointment in a few mins, suddenly nervous! Update soon! -nt- new
      #203828 - 08/09/05 08:42 AM
Stephie

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Update from consultation! Some 'booby' details :-P new
      #203883 - 08/09/05 10:57 AM
Stephie

Howdy!

I just got back from my consultation with the surgeon. I think it went pretty well. The surgeon seemed like he really knew what he was talking about, he has been doing the surgery for over 20 years!
Normally, the surgery involves a long cut underneath the breast, around the nipple and then down from the nipple in either one line down the center or two 'anchor' lines. This doctor only does the one around the nipple, and straight down, eliminating the largest scar along the underside of the breast! Instead, he uses liposuction so although sometimes there is some loose skin (hidden underneath the breast) from the lipo, there is no scar!
He did some measurements, took some pictures.. said I was a good candidate for the surgery to be covered. He has to send the info off to get it approved, so I won't know if I am approved for about a month.

The part that I am still a bit confused about is size. He said that he would remove 350 grams from each breast, but when I asked what cup size I would be he gave me a weird answer about how sizes are different everywhere, like shoes. When I go back, I will definitely make sure I am more clear about this... I don't want tiny boobs! I just don't want these big, painful ones!

He also said that I need to lose weight before the surgery, but I definitely went in there knowing that. Ideally, I should lose about 30 lbs but he said that 15 lbs would be good.. although I'd rather lose more than less because otherwise I am having more fat tissue than breast tissue removed.
When I asked about the wait time for surgery, he said, "6 to 8 months to a year" so who knows? He said that they do often get cancellations so I might get in sooner, but I said I wanted at least long enough to safely lose the weight.
He did say there was no guaruntee that I would be able to breastfeed, so that worries me.
Anyway, that's all for now!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Update from consultation! Some 'booby' details :-P new
      #203895 - 08/09/05 11:12 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Glad your consultation went more or less well Weird about the cup size...maybe it's hard for them to determine what size you'll end up based on how much they suck out? I have really tiny boobs so I'm not much help in this department. I'm kinda surprised the wait times are so long though...maybe it's because it's covered by provincial health care? I bet if you were having a breast augmentation you could be having it in a week

#203901 - 08/09/05 11:24 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hmm sounds good. I am sure he won't make them too small as that would just be more work and more fluids etc out of you and so more risky. I would ask him to give some sort of gesture or example of what they will look like since cup size didn't get an answer.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#203903 - 08/09/05 11:26 AM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Steph. Glad that the consult went well. It is great that your doctor does it without the scar on the bottom. Though my scars faded pretty well and I don't really think about them. About the size-- doctors don't like to promise a particular cup size b/c they don't want to get blamed or sued if you are a large B instead of a small C or whatever. My doctor wouldn't guarantee cup size either. Make sure to tell him your "ballpark" and it should work out okay. You can also let him know that if he is unsure, you'd rather him leave a little too much than make you too small (which seems to be your preference). If you want the "dirty" details of the surgery and recovery just let me know.

#203998 - 08/09/05 02:40 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Sounds good, but I can understand your frustration with him not giving you a cup size. That would worry me too! Surely he could give you a more specific answer than what he did. You don't want to be flat-chested like me. That's another problem to deal with.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review