Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Oh Laurel! new
      #203449 - 08/07/05 10:24 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Laurel,

I am so sorry to hear this!! I wish I were there so I could help you look! I have never had a cat, but I know if my dog was missing I would totally freak out! It IS like your baby, I totally understand.

I'm so not surprised that your stomach is reacting to the stress, I think most of us can relate! Having to run to the potty in between searches that many times sounds awful, you must just be having such a rotten time of it!

Let us know if you find your kitty! I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh Laurel! new
      #203458 - 08/07/05 11:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Laurel:

This is tragic. I'm sending you tons of p.e. (positive energy) and singing that silly song..."the cat came back, the very next day..." I'm lighting candles. Honestly, sometimes I communicate better/speak the language of cats better than people and until the passing of my cat considered my cat my best friend/baby (I don't desire human ones). I hope Sebastian has a homing device, the way pigeons do. Losing a cat is different than losing a bird (I've had a few a-wol expensive birds in my day).

So, in my non-traditional way of praying, I'm hoping that everything turns out okay, really really really SOON.

(THE LITTLE RASCAL!!!)

Kate.

Re: Update: still not home... new
      #203492 - 08/08/05 08:21 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I just got on line a little bit ago and saw this. I'm so sorry, I have two cats and I do understand. Hopefully by now he is curled up in your lap sleeping but if not try not to lose hope. You said you tried making "feeding time noises" but does he have a favorite toy or something else like a treat can that you can shake that he might reconize?

It sounds like you have done all the right things by calling the human society, posters and talking to neighbors. I hope if he isn't home yet that you will find him soon. My heart goes out to you!! Hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Update: still not home... new
      #203511 - 08/08/05 09:06 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Laurel, my cat is my baby too. I feel so much for you and I am sure that he will return home soon. You are not overreacting, anybody who loved something the same would act the same way.
Try to stay as calm and it sounds like you have taken the right steps.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: My cat is missing new
      #203517 - 08/08/05 09:16 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Laurel, I hope you find your kitty ASAP! I know I'd be devestated if my indoor kitty were gone this long. But the good thing is that cats have some amazing senses that we lack. When I was younger we had outdoor cats that would go on "walkabouts" for months and then suddenly show up on our doorstep again. It's amazing what they can do. I'm sure your baby will turn up soon!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

UPDATE #2: SAFE AND SOUND!!!! new
      #203543 - 08/08/05 10:15 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yay my baby is home safe and sound!

I was up until about 2 last night just sitting in the backyard because part of me thought for sure he was out there... the neighbours must have thought I was crazy because I was talking to him, lol! He didn't come up to me so I went to bed, but I put some fresh food and water out on our porch in a seculed corner with the pillows and blankets from where he usually sleeps in case he wanted somewhere to eat/sleep that wasn't out in the open. Then at around 4 I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I'd go and check the backyard again. I walked downstairs and turned on the light just a bit and there he was just sitting at the door looking at me! It was kind of hilarious. I picked him up and hugged him like crazy He'd eaten the food. He kind of had this attitude like 'what's the fuss all about?' lol! He's a little bit dirty (or was, but he took care of that) and there's a bit of sap on his whiskers but otherwise he's none worse for wear I guess we'll now have to see if he's MORE difficult to keep inside or LESS difficult to see just what kind of an adventure he had!

Whhheeeeee! I'm so happy Thank you so much EVERYONE for all your kind thoughts and positive energy. I helped soooo much much.

Alrighty, I'm off to go snuggle with my Sebastian and probably never let him go again Then I have to go take down all those posters, lol.

Thank you again everyone! You're all so wonderful!

Yipeee!!!!!!!! new
      #203546 - 08/08/05 10:17 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Yay!!!!!
Luarel, I am so happy for you! I am so so so glad to hear that your kitty is home with you, all safe!!!

Yay!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: UPDATE #2: SAFE AND SOUND!!!! new
      #203548 - 08/08/05 10:18 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Great news! I'm so happy he made it back home safe and sound. Sappy whiskers--so cute!

Enjoy quality time with your baby today.

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #203549 - 08/08/05 10:19 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I love happy endings! I am so happy you have your baby back. Take care of each other. I have a feeling one cat is in for some big time spoiling! well deserved spoiling too!
He didn't venture too far from home...proving just how much he loves you Laurel! He wanted his mom!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Edited by Augie (08/08/05 10:20 AM)

Re: UPDATE #2: SAFE AND SOUND!!!! new
      #203561 - 08/08/05 10:35 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Laurel: I am elated. I know what it's like to have a little one disappear! (Though mine were birds and it was actually done out of malice!) Hang on tight to your baby! I'm so relieved that you're cuddling with Sebastian.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1827

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review