All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Update: still not home... new
      #203438 - 08/07/05 10:10 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Thank you so much for your concern everyone. It really really means a lot. And thank you especially for understanding HOW important this is - it seems like the people around me (everyone except my bf) think I'm overreacting and freaking out over "just" a cat... He IS my baby! I had to go see my sister's play tonight (wouldn't have left the house unless it was necessary) and there were all this women with babies (human babies that is) and I felt so jealous because mine was missing! Ok that's maybe a bit freaky but I don't care, that's exactly how I feel and who cares if people think I'm overreacing.

I know he probably hasn't gotten far but I'm just sooo worried about him. If I had some sign that he was for sure in the yard or the neighbour's yard just hiding then I could have some hope but we haven't had any sign of him all day We went out looking for him, knocking on neighbour's doors to see if they'd seen him and to see if it was ok if we could look through their whole yards, garages etc... and then we looked again at night with a flashlight. Nothing. I'm really worried that he darted into our backyard just into the gardens and then our neighbours' dog came out next door and frightened him and he ran further or something... I just wish I knew where he was and that he was safe.

I tried making the regular 'feeding time' noises all over the place to see if he would come, but he's so timid I think it would take a lot for him to come running out outdoors. I've now put up posters around our neighbourhood and I'm going to place a newspaper ad tomorrow and call the humane society again.

And of course my IBS is terrible... it's already been pretty bad the last week or so but now with all this stress and pain it's just horrid. I've probably been in the bathroom at least 10 or 15 times today between searches

Again, thank you so much for all your support and advice. It really does mean a lot. I will keep you updated; hopefully I will have an update for you tomorrow morning saying that he's home safe and sound.

Edited by retrograde (08/07/05 10:12 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Laurel new
      #203439 - 08/07/05 10:13 PM
retrograde

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers BL! I do not usually pray much at all, but tonight I did quite a lot of it. Thank you so much.

Re: My cat is missing new
      #203440 - 08/07/05 10:14 PM
retrograde

No I'm not in London right now (until Sept) - but thank you for the offer! And for your kind thoughts and advice It really means a lot!

Thank you so much Kate! -nt- new
      #203441 - 08/07/05 10:14 PM
retrograde

Re: You poor thing!! new
      #203442 - 08/07/05 10:16 PM
retrograde

Thank you for the hugs Nelly, and for reminding me not to blame myself for this... because it's really hard not to. But I shouldn't, I know. I'm just worried about him now... and I really miss him. I've been crying all day and when I cry all I want is my cat to come curl upon my chest!

I'm going to call the humane society tomorrow to confirm whether or not they scan all the strays for microchips or not, and if not I'm going to be in there everyday until he comes home (well I probably will be anyway).

Thanks again

Re: Oh no! new
      #203443 - 08/07/05 10:19 PM
retrograde

Thanks so much Beth. I worry about putting 'reward' on flyers because I've heard such stories of people picking up cats on the street and returning them as the apparant lost cats just to get the reward... as if the owners couldn't tell the difference! But then you end up with someone else having a lost cat too I put 'reward available' on the posters but not in giant print. I don't think someone would have picked him up, because I'm pretty sure he's hiding somewhere, probably really afraid. But if it goes much longer without him home I'd pay anything to have him back!

#203445 - 08/07/05 10:21 PM
retrograde

Thanks Jen! I took your advice with the sounds thing... that's something I read online too. Right at normal dinner time (and a few other times during the day) I made all the regular sounds really loud. He may have heard them but was too timid to come out just yet. I'll do it again tomorrow. My kind neighbour recruited his kids for the search this afternoon too. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

#203446 - 08/07/05 10:23 PM
retrograde

Thanks for the kind words and your stories Maria! It actually REALLY helps to hear stories of cats coming home I'm thinking that yeah he probably won't come when we call him because he's too afraid to come out, that we're just going to have to find him. But there's so much brush and gardens and bushes on our block (assuming, hoping, that he's still somewhere on our block) that I just don't know how we'll ever be able to find him Not giving up hope though. Thanks again!

Re: Oh no... new
      #203447 - 08/07/05 10:24 PM
retrograde

Yes exactly! Thanks so much for this post Amy. I've been crying hysterically all day...

Thank you Christine! -nt- new
      #203448 - 08/07/05 10:24 PM
retrograde

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review