All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
He owns the building new
      #205216 - 08/13/05 09:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So, he can do whatever he wants. No one else to complain to! I have no idea when it will be done. I peeked in there yesterday morning and it looks like there is a lot of work left to do.

My neighbors aren't going to be much help. One travels all the time and the other one is not near the noise. The problem is that I am right above the apartment. They wouldn't be willing to talk to him with me, I'm sure.

I don't know how to reduce my stress, except to share it with you guys!!! I need to get things done at the apartment first, and then, hopefully, this afternoon I will leave and go to the mall. I like to stay at home and cook on the weekend to freeze some lunch and dinner meals for during the week. Plus, it's nice to just not have to get dressed on a weekend until noon if I don't want!

thanks for your support Maria. You are so kind and I adore you! Now you know why I am looking to take off to another state!!!

I don't know if I should go downstairs and talk to him directly, leave a message on his answering machine after he leaves so I don't have to face him in person, or to leave a note on the door (although I think that would upset him).

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I am so tired today and my tummy is not happy. As you know I have major anxiety and GAD so this is a lot harder on me than it would be for a "normal" person! Noise is my biggest anxiety trigger times one thousand! I might as well be eating pizza, ice cream, coffee, and steak burgers...would give me the same effect to my tummy as the noise is!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm afraid if I stop to talk to him... new
      #205217 - 08/13/05 09:36 AM
Augie

I might say something I regret. Or, start crying. I need to stay home and cook some lunches to freeze. Then I will leave. I am blasting the music again, as Melissa suggested last weekend...and it is helping to block some of the noise while giving me some sense of control. The earplugs aren't strong enough.

--------------------
~ Beth

A totally off the wall idea..... new
      #205238 - 08/13/05 12:33 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Why not go offer to help him saying that the noise is so stressful for you that you would like to help him finish it sooner than later. Now of course you have to be prepared for him to take you up on the offer but then you could have him reduce your rent.

Shoot...the guy may feel guilty enough to get it done quicker and hire someone to help him!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

check your lease ... new
      #205296 - 08/13/05 06:20 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I know you are going month to month right now, but aside from the length of the lease, the original terms of your agreement should apply. Most standard form leases have some clauses in there about the landlord's duty to keep the place free from excessive noise, etc. Check it out and see if there is anything like that in the lease. I know you don't want to spend money on a lawyer right now, but he doesn't have to know that. If there is anything in your lease dealing with noise, call him up, remind him of it, and tell him that gee golly you sure do hope you don't have to call your uncle the lawyer.
HTH.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: He owns the building new
      #205664 - 08/15/05 03:52 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I don't think I responded to this, but I just wanted to thank you for your kind words and compliments.

Now, about that landlord of yours...AAARGH! He's not still not pounding away during the work week, is he?

Of course he is new
      #205715 - 08/15/05 06:27 PM
Augie

He's here everynight now. So, not only is Saturday a total stress filled day...I don't even want to come home from work anymore. How sad is that! I find myself loitering around for an hour after my shift ends, and then driving around a bit, then do some walking.

If I could decide where I wanted to live, I would be out of here!

Thanks for checking in on me, Maria. I am like Rachel...all I can do is cry as he hammers and pounds away. I just can't take much more and I feel like I am going insane.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2797

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review