All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Thanks my friend new
      #203258 - 08/06/05 08:42 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm a bit of a sad sack when it comes to animals I'm afraid. I like them much more than human beings, they always make me cry than humans in movies, DH thinks it's hilarious. We'll watch a movie and some lady will die of some deadly disease and I'll sit there dry eyed then her cat will die cause it misses her and I'll be bawling with a box of tissues in my lap! Vent to me as much as you want to. I don't mind a bit! I'll just harp right on back at you

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks my friend new
      #203265 - 08/06/05 09:19 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Beth I am bothered by noise sometimes and I have these very soft pliable earplugs that I sleep in from time to time. My DH used to get them at work but you could probably find some at a drug store or welding supply shop. I keep a couple sets in my luggage when I travel. Oh and any ear doctor sells them but they may be expensive there.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

I heard on the new last night that... new
      #203363 - 08/07/05 03:00 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

some guy was arrested for stabbing his landlord!

I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I am totally serious!

Guess I'm not the only one who's a little upset with their landlord. This board may have saved me from prison. Just kidding of course!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I heard on the new last night that... new
      #203383 - 08/07/05 04:55 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

This board may have saved me from prison. Just kidding of course!

Lol!

Re: Need to vent before I kill my landlord new
      #203526 - 08/08/05 09:28 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Augie, I don't blame you for being upset! I'm with you, noise completely grates on my nerves, which is never a good thing when you have IBS. To have your landlord lie to you about it is especially horrible! I hope the noise ends soon so you can get the relaxation time you need. I feel your pain, I was looking forward to relaxing at my parents' house last year during my Christmas break, and it turns out that was the week their contractor started putting up their siding! I was woken up early every morning by their hammering during my one week off. Grr! Anyway, I'm with you about wanting a place of my own, too. I hope you get that soon! Until then, hang in there, and hopefully things will quiet down!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Kree new
      #203538 - 08/08/05 10:02 AM
Augie

What did you decide to do about your apartment decision? Did you move to the smaller apartment or did you stay put?

I hate, hate, hate, living in a builing with other people who all have their own time tables, noise levels, and just plain ignorance and disrespect for others. Okay, guess I have a little leftover weekend hostility!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: I heard on the new last night that... new
      #203974 - 08/09/05 01:44 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Beth, that @#$% landlord of yours is a liar! You should just move hon.

He's back! new
      #205201 - 08/13/05 08:51 AM
Augie

Another Saturday spent listening to the jerk hammer, pound out windows and doors...all day long! He's been here during the week until up to 9pm, and now again on a Saturday.

I work all day, all week, and this idiot is so disrespectful and just doesn't consider his tenants at all. I get the brunt of the noise because it's the apartment right below me. UGH.

I'm about to lose it this morning. I'm afraid if I say something he's going to tell me to move if I don't like it...sometimes I think he is doing this to get me to move out. But I'm not sure if I even want to stay in the state yet, and don't want to get tied into another year lease. I do month to month now which is great. I'm afraid if I make to much of this, he will evict me before I am ready to move.

I am so upset now, my tummy is doing somersaults...I am stressed, and my GI system is going haywire. I need to talk to him for my own piece of mind...even though I know he doesn't give a care what I feel like physically. I have told him how sick I get from noise stress...and he just doesn't seem to care...even though he promised me a month ago or so that he would stop. He even sent me flowers that said sorry about all the noise. Was that my bribe?

Any suggestions? I don't want to act irrationally and get my butt kicked out of here, but at the same time, I am just in tears over all the noise and stress. I can't even tell you guys how stressed I get over the noise. Okay, he's right below this room now. I hate this man!! He doesn't work at all and could do this during the week when we are at work. Why is he so inconsiderate and what can I do to prevent myself from getting more worked up and even mor sick to my stomach, literally?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: He's back! new
      #205209 - 08/13/05 09:02 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry about your rude and noisy landlord! Is there anyway you can reduce the stress that the noise level is causing? Can you leave your place for a bit? Does it help to tell yourself it won't last forever? Did he give you a timeline on when the apartment should be finished? Are you sure he's not working on it during the week when you're at work and is just in a hurry to get it done? Is the noise-level bothering your other neighbors? Maybe you could all talk to him together. Sorry for all the questions, but it just seems that your direct conversations with the guy didn't help much. I would be so frustrated too!

Also is he the owner/landlord of your apartment complex or the manager? If he's managing the place you might consider contacting whoever actually owns the buildings and making a complaint.

Geeze. I hope it's over with soon. I hae to go to work now, but I really hope this gets resolved as it is affecting your health. Keep us updated, Beth!

Re: He's back! *DELETED* new
      #205211 - 08/13/05 09:09 AM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 578 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2797

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review