Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need some support
      #202908 - 08/05/05 02:10 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't responded to other posts or anything yet, I've been out at the doctor's all day and am really upset and could really use some support.

I got a copy of the psychaistrists evaluation of me, which was mostly nothing surprising and was helpful to have. HOwever, there was a page where he just makes observations regarding dress, make-up, stature, physical movements etc., and for weight he checked "overweight".

For those of you who know, I've been suffering from major problems with regards to my weight to the point where I believe I likely have an eating disorder. I'm not super skinny but I didn't think I was overweight. I lost all that weight last summer and am within the normal weight range for my size...in fact, my regular doctor was concerned I had become too small.

So, now I'm freaking out and I feel so stupid and guilty for freaking out over such a small thing. I just keep hoping it's a mistake or something, which I know is pathetic. I even called his office to find out why he put that...but then I'm afraid he'd be angry.

So I really don't know what to do, I'm all alone again tonight (bf works till midnight) and I can't stop crying and I'm afraid I won't be able to bring myself to eat or anything. I don't know why I have to take these things so seriously, but what other people think of me and see me as is just such a big deal to me and I just want to be "average"

Thanks for listening,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some support new
      #202911 - 08/05/05 02:18 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh, sweetie! Don't be so hard on yourself!
*hugs*

Men new
      #202913 - 08/05/05 02:18 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Only a man (and a dumb one) would put that where a woman could see it! j/k

Well, first of all, if you know you're not overweight, I wouldn't worry about it. My best guess would be that either you have a chubby face or that you were wearing something that made you look heavier. Have you ever seen pictures of Kelly Ripa when she was younger? I was so shocked the first time I saw her in a bikini on her soap, because I was sure she was a little chunky, because she had chubby cheeks! Turns out just the cheeks were like that. (Your cheeks don't look chubby to me in your picture, but you never know.) As for clothes, whenever I see people from high school, they go on about how thin I am now. Okay, at my heaviest, I was maybe 15 pounds heavier than I am now, and I'm 5'9", so that's not all that impressive. However, in high school I tended to wear really baggy clothes, complete with HUGE t-shirts, so I think people thought I was bigger than I was.

Could either of those factors be contributing to his mean ol' check mark? If not, and you know you aren't overweight, then just try to see some humor in his insensitivity.

Big hugs, skinny lady--

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#202914 - 08/05/05 02:21 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

That is awful! If you are anything like your picture you are not close to overweight. I am overweight. I could loose 100 lbs. and still be over weight. Do you think it was a typo and he meant underweight? Don't sweat it. Not eating will only make you sick. Go have something decadent and screw the Dr.(not literally)

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Kelly new
      #202923 - 08/05/05 02:31 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Surely that was a typo---and he meant underweight!!! You are not overweight, by anyone's standards. Please don't let this upset you or affect your eating habits.

Update new
      #202960 - 08/05/05 04:50 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thank you all so much for your replies. You guys truly are a great family I was bawling while I typed that, and your kind replies helped me get myself together enough to go out and exercise and now I'm feeling a little better about things. Plus, I continued reading his evaluation, and there were some positives...he said I was "above average intelligence" so that's always nice right?

Anyways, I think maybe the chubby face might have had something to do with it, plus, I was just at a doctor's so I was in sweats...not the most flattering clothes. Still, I've been struggling so much to not starve myself (I was starving myself before) that I just don't need anything like that. I've got a couple of pictures of me before and after the initial starvation period...I'm going to post them...hopefully it'll be therapeutic for me. I'm not looking for people to comment on how I look, just maybe admitting to myself that I have slimmed down might help I guess. In the meantime, I just have to find a way to convince myself it's ok to eat dinner

Here's me before:

And me after:

And me just recently at a friend's wedding (I cropped out the bride just in case she didn't want her photo on the internet)..this one kinda shows how my face can be chubby:

#202963 - 08/05/05 04:59 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Here's my belief:

Why would you ever listen to someone ELSE's opinion about YOUR body unless they were YOUR doctor and knew all your problems?

Honey, that moron doesn't have your medical file, does not talk to your doctor and really, only looks into your habits and into your head!

Don't worry about him!

You are beautiful, and you should not be worried about it. Ever.

You were chosen for the body you are now currently residing in, so why not learn to love it?

Re: Update new
      #202971 - 08/05/05 05:39 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

You are NOT overweight. Please don't let that stupid doctor's comments make you think you are. You have certainly slimmed down a lot! I'm also one of those people with a round face which makes me look bigger than I am and I find too that I have big bones which makes me look bigger than I am too. I am currently classed as underweight according to the scales however if you look at me I don't look super skinny or anything. I'm also one of those people who are wider front on than sideways. If you look at me from the front there's a LOT more of me than if you look from the side. Hang in there and try to ignore him. Eating properly is so important ((((HUGS))))

--------------------
Amy

you're beautiful, and new
      #202986 - 08/05/05 06:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I saw a big change. He is obviously out of his mind. Yikes.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You are lovely new
      #203003 - 08/05/05 06:49 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

...and he is crazy. Don't sweat it!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review