All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What would YOU do IF...
      #202382 - 08/04/05 10:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You've been having UTI's on and off since March/April. Two or three of the UTI's have been accompanied by blood on the toilet paper (this one has had blood once on the TP but it seems to be gone at least for now...) You were up till 1am in PAIN and couldn't take a nap yesterday because it hurt too bad to lie down! The pressure is unbearable, nothing fits (and this ain't your IBS honey!), and you can't go to the bathroom enough!

You're supposed to go camping with hubby cause you got hailed on and had a fever last weekend. Which the naturopath says might have been the UTI NOT the lamictal!

You spoke to your naturopath who said "If you can't get in to see a doctor by Friday...I say go to the ER...that is what I would want my wife, sister, daughter to do..." (He's in the community and he is AWESOME!!! So I trust him a LOT!)

I got an appointment for Mon. am. That means we can't go camping OR I change the appointment OR go to the ER.

Hubby seems to want me to go to the ER. I do NOT want to go alone! Plus, my driving is NOT so safe right now. I'm sooo fatigued and i don't feel good/right right now. Something is def. wrong with my bod

I have an Uncle with bladder cancer. Another died of kidney cancer. This stuff runs in my fam and I NEED to be careful here. I DOUBT it's cancer, G-d forbid! But if it IS the sooner we know the better...

But wht about hubby's camping? he needs it soooo badly right now! I kind f want the 8am appointment...BUT a)that means no camping b)the doc said to go to the ER if I can't be seen by Friday.

So, please PLEASE tell me what YOU would do...

I'm SO exhausted I can hardly think straight...

Thanks for your love/support/advice, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

GO TO THE ER!! new
      #202383 - 08/04/05 10:51 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

You need to see a Doctor Ruchie. Get this checked out as soon as possible, if you don't trust your driving andhave no one to take you, get an ambulance to take you. You don't have to call 911. You can call a local ambulance company and they can take you. Pleas eget this checked out, not because I think it is cancer, but because your body is telling you it needs help and anti-biotics.

--------------------

Re: What would YOU do IF... new
      #202384 - 08/04/05 10:54 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

GO TO THE ER !! Don't fool around with this. It may only get worse. Then again, it may be something simple that can be easily taken care of instead of you suffering all weekend. If your husband wants to go camping that badly, let him sleep in the backyard.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#202385 - 08/04/05 10:55 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ruchie,

Sorry you're feeling so lousy right now If it were me, I'd probably go to the ER or a walk-in clinic if you guys have those where you are. I never wait with potential bladder infections because they just get worse so quickly! Plus, if they spread to the kidneys then you're looking at a longer course of antibiotics/more pain etc.

As for your hubby's camping, I know that you really want to go but I'm sure he'd understand if you weren't up to it. UTIs can be very uncomfortable and there's no point in you going camping if you feel like you can't get off the toilet.

Things that I have found have helped in the past is soaking in a warm bath (sometimes all day!) and taking lots of cranberry juice. Even cranberry pills if you can get them can really help.

I wouldn't worry about it being cancer...I'm pretty sure those cancers usually crop up only when you're much older...and I know I often get blood when I get a UTI

Do you get them a lot? Because if you're getting them a lot you may want to ask your doc about interstitial cystitis...it's a bladder condition that can cause frequent UTIs. Here's a good link: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00497

Feel better soon!
Kelly

Re: GO TO THE ER!! new
      #202390 - 08/04/05 11:09 AM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I'd go to a Critical Care walk-in office or the ER. You'll feel so much better if this is taken care of. And I can't imagine waiting until Monday!

If you can't find someone in your communtity to drive you, you could always call a cab. (I would think that would be cheaper than an ambulence, unless your insurance covers the ambulence.)

Also, I'm SURE your husband will understand about camping!

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad! UTI's suck!! You have my sympathies!

Feel better soon,
Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

#202392 - 08/04/05 11:14 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

You need to go to the ER today. An untreated UTI can go to your kidneys and kill you. I'm not trying to be overly dramatic here, but they can be fatal. You need to be on strong antibiotics asap. I got a UTI last year, was on antibiotics for 4 days and it only got worse. They changed me to a stronger one (cipro) and I was better that night. If you go to the ER today, and start a stronger antibiotic, you may be well enough to go camping. Please go see a doctor.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

I disagree on one point ... new
      #202394 - 08/04/05 11:17 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Quote:

hings that I have found have helped in the past is soaking in a warm bath (sometimes all day!)

Baths are actually really dangerous for UTIs, whether you have one at the moment or are prone to them and trying to avoid them. My SIL has kidney disease and is very prone to UTIs, and she cannot take baths.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: GO TO THE ER!! new
      #202409 - 08/04/05 11:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, go to the ER. If you start RIGHT NOW on anti-biotics, you might even feel well enough to go camping this weekend!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

My DECISION...full of twists and turns... new
      #202413 - 08/04/05 12:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I decided to go the ER but to FIRST call the docs' office to cancel Monday hoping when they saw how urgent my primary care (my naturopath) thought it was, they would get me in sooner. Sure enough, thank G-d! when I told the receptionist that my GP said get seen today or go to the ER, they got me in today at 2:45 thank G-d!!! NO ER, yahooo! I HATE ER's!!! I'm sooooo greatful! I WILL have to pay my therapist $25 I can't afford for missing my session...it was at 2pm...I'll be in the car on the way to the urologist then...but what can ya do?

Thanks soooo much for being here for me! I really can't think straight! I just feel soooooo sick It's good to know I can come here when I'm "out of it" and have loving friends and famliy help me take care of myself (embarassing that I'm not able to think so clearly..b.t whatever)

My naturopath had me on cipro for 3 days. How long were you on it AP? Did it go away completely?

I guess I feel like the ER is for major emergencies? I did NOT know kidney infections were so serious

As for hubby...he WILL be upset if we don't go camping. I feel like he lives with so much negative...me being untreated (well, I'm on meds but they aren't helping yet!) and my anxiety, etc. takes a toll on him. He deserves a vaca! AND he is leaving work early to take me to the doc...I feel SO guilty! YES I would do the same for him...but he's NOT me and I know this upsets him. He leaves his office for the Jewish Holidays and they give him words for it! NOT cool! He's there working on Christmas but they still comment...VERY upsetting...so now I"pay" for it with havign him grumpy cause I'm on lamictla and am sick and can't drive....grrr!

Ok, rant over...

Love you all *super hugs* Ruch

I'll keep you all posted.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#202414 - 08/04/05 12:07 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Are you at the ER yet? If not...why? Get movin missy!! You just might feel all peachy keen to go with hubby camping. Go..go....go...get ..get...get... Let us know when your back home. {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4725 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3089

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review