All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Yup, stinky but true new
      #202452 - 08/04/05 12:59 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I also heard that baths were bad for uti's! I've only ever had one uti though when I was much younger so maybe its one of those old wives tale things??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ruchie new
      #202459 - 08/04/05 01:07 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I know you have a very loving, understanding husband. Now stop this talk about him not loving you! You can't go camping if you're sick! He may pout for a little while (if you can't go), but he'll get over it. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you!!! Of course, he loves you.

Wait until he gets home, and have him take you to a walk-up medical clinic. If you get some medicine now, maybe you can still go. If not, stay home in bed, rest up, and have him invite a friend to go with him. You and he can go some other time together. There are plenty of other weekends you can go!

Re: *HUGS* new
      #202464 - 08/04/05 01:10 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*MORE HUGS* Awww, no crying! Wish I lived closer and could come over and make you feel better!!!! (Though I wouldn't be much help in the driving respect, I don't have a driver's lisense)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

bath additives new
      #202488 - 08/04/05 01:45 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I think it's that having perfumes and soaps (e.g., bubble bath) in the water can cause or worsen a UTI.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: What would YOU do IF... new
      #202508 - 08/04/05 02:00 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Seriously, I'd get to an ER or Walk-In Clinic!!! You need some antibiotics and then REST. I'd pick up a HUGE jug of cranberry juice on the way home from the ER/clinic, as well as the prescription and then REST!!! If you're not up to camping, then TOUGH LOVE!!! I like that suggestion that hubby takes one of his buds instead.

Please take care of YOU!!!

Kate.

Re: What would YOU do IF... new
      #202523 - 08/04/05 02:21 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I'll be watching to see how you make out at the doctor's office. Hubby may be grumpy but if meds clear this up quick and you get to go camping he will get over it.

I have had many UTI's and my docs advice is to take a hot bath when it's 1 a.m. and I can't stop the pain until I get to her office. But bathing too frequently and definitely don't use any oil/soap products in the water can cause some bladder problems if your prone to these. I believe that's why you don't see many sitz baths in the hospitals anymore. But I do love a tub! My new house only has a shower so it's not an option these days.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

How'd the doc's visit go? -nt- new
      #202585 - 08/04/05 05:50 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: bath additives new
      #202593 - 08/04/05 06:15 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

My doctor told me when I had a UTI that I could do the bath in an absolutely clean tub (rinsed well was what she stressed) without any bath oils or soaps since that would further the problem. The warm water would help to ease the pain. there is something about the oils and soap ingredients that seems to cause the UTI to be more inflamed. At least the candles can stay.

-Michelle

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 531 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3240

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review