Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Sorry...didn't know new
      #202415 - 08/04/05 12:09 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Amanda,

Really? I didn't know that. I don't take baths anymore now that I live in an apartment (just doesn't feel like "my" tub) but I used to always take them when I had a UTI. Good to know for the future (and sorry Ruchie for giving you bad info!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My DECISION...full of twists and turns... new
      #202418 - 08/04/05 12:12 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm glad you're going to see the doctor. I was on cipro for a few days, but I can't recall exactly how long. Maybe a week? When I was on the first med it was basically not treating the infection at all. It started with slightly pink urine, and 4 days into it I was only passing blood. I was in excrutiating pain and had to go every 10 minutes! The day I went back to the doc I had to catch a train out to my parents' and then drive 6 hours to my aunt's house for a family party. I had them call the Rx into my mom's pharmacy. I barely lasted through the 1-hr train ride and thought I'd never be able to last the 6-hr drive, but I took the meds as soon as I got off the train, and I felt better about an hour later, no joke. I only needed to stop the car a couple times. Anyway, I hope you feel better. I'm sorry you feel like you are burdening your husband, but I'm sure you'd do at least this much and more for him.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Kelly...AP... new
      #202420 - 08/04/05 12:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Do NOT apologize!! No need

AP, what is it about baths that are bad? I thought I read sitz baths were GREAT for UTI's!

I hope that's what/all it is...I hope my kidneys are in good order! I guess I'll know soon enough

Well, whatever it is...I'll ge through it...cause I have the BEST family in the world!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yup, stinky but true new
      #202421 - 08/04/05 12:14 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

I still take baths regularly, as I've only ever had one UTI. But, if they ever become more frequent, I'll probably stop.

You need to do something to make your tub feel like *yours*! Put some candles around, scrub it really well, and tell yourself it's alllll yours, and relax! I think I'll definitely take a bath this weekend!

--------------------
Amanda

I agree new
      #202422 - 08/04/05 12:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ruchie,

You have to take care of yourself! Stop worrying about your husband and think about your health. He can go camping some other time (or you may be well enough to go---if you'll go ahead and go to the doctor now.)

You can't let this linger. It could get even worse. Good luck and let us know what the doctor says.

Re: What would YOU do IF... new
      #202424 - 08/04/05 12:17 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh yes go to the ER. You need antibiotics. I'm not crazy about them but they do have their necessary uses.

Please go to the ER TODAY! You cannot camp if you feel so awful!

Wait a sec ...maybe baths are okay? new
      #202427 - 08/04/05 12:19 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

I just checked WebMD and they agree with you that a warm bath can help soothe the symptoms. That goes against everything I've ever heard, but I guess I gotta trust them! Am I crazy -- has anyone else ever heard that baths are bad for UTIs?

--------------------
Amanda

*hugs* for AP new
      #202428 - 08/04/05 12:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

I feel guilty cause hubby wanted me to see a urologist weeks ago for this. But I was soooo anxious I couldn't eve make the call My anxiety/depression has been so bad lately...even calling the doctor, getting directions, etc. has been too much. I feel the sleightest stronger now, so I made the call. Hubby still doesn't understand what it means for me to be bipolar and deal with all of this stuff. And I do need him to understand...but I feel guilty asking it of him. He seems SO happy when we talk abtou camping...and I want to give him that! I'm TERRIFIED of bees and so when we see one I run and hide in the car...plus it is monsoon season and I'm scared of being hit by lighting (my mom was hit!) and YUCK I hate it! Anxiety is the PITTS!!! But I'm on meds and I'm learning about bipolar and posting and doing all I can...

And of COURSE I would do this for hubby and more. I took meds for him after all and got me to a therapist! I just hope I can make it for camping and NOT be anxious/afraid of everything!!! *hugs*

Yojur words meant a lot to me...that I would do this for him and more--G-d forbid I ever need to! But I love him SOOOO MUCH...

Please pray the Lamictal starts helping soon...or that we find something else that does...

Love you! Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

*HUGS* new
      #202432 - 08/04/05 12:32 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Good luck at the doc's and let us know how it goes.

I'm sorry hubby's not dealing well with you being sick. It's one of my biggest fears with Mac about my fibro and IBS, I'm sure it's even worse with BP. Maybe have your hubby read these two sites on caring for a family member with BP: web page

web page

Hope the doc is able to help with the UTI at least!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: *HUGS* new
      #202446 - 08/04/05 12:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

I just sent hubby an e-mail and a link. It is VERY hard for him. He loves me, no doubt. But on top of the bipolar, anxiety, UTI, fibo, IBS, food intolerances...I can't drive. Hubby can't drive unless I'm in the car. The man has been working overtime so we can go camping. I just feel SO BAD for him! I love him and I want to give him everything! But when I am depressed and sick.....I simply can't. And I'm SO SCARED he will think I don't love him, or I can help it...*crying* I don't want to lose the man of my dreams...

Thank you Melissa, I'm lucky to have yo for a sister *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3240

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review