Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: A quick update with the bipolar stuff... new
      #202389 - 08/04/05 11:05 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Alicia,

Just wanted to say that I'm glad your home and starting to feel better...I really hope the treatment they've started you on works for you so you don't have to do a lot of med experimenting

BTW, I was just diagnosed with mild OCD which I know you said you have...my psychiatrist respected that I was reluctant to go back on any anti-depressants right now so he's hoping that intensive therapy combined with a anti-anxiety drug (Klonopin) for the GAD and panic disorder should help...do you do any therapy for your OCD? I've yet to find a therapist because I can't afford a psychologist and the psychiatrist I saw just does emergency evaluations

Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A quick update with the bipolar stuff... new
      #202596 - 08/04/05 06:20 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Just read this and wanted to tell you that I am so glad you are doing better. You are such a wonderful person and I wish only the best things for you!

Re: for Kelly new
      #202789 - 08/05/05 09:29 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Go to your regular MD. If you have an OCD diagnosis, you're eligible for therapy - specifically cognitive benaviour therapy (CBT) which is what I'm taking right now. It will teach you how to deal with the anxiety and to handle situations where the OCD can act up. I don't have to pay for it - it's payed by OHIP. If you get a referral from a regular MD, you see the psychologist for free. St Joe's has a unit in London, and a sattelite unit in Tillsonburg. The psychologist I'm seeing is Dr. Bates - he works out of London and I would recommend him. You might have to wait, but at least you don't have to pay for it.
Hugs, Alicia. PS - you can e-mail me anytime - I'd be happy to chat and share stories. If I can help at all, let me know. Don't hesitate. XO.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: WOW, Tina! That's wonderful!!!!! new
      #202796 - 08/05/05 09:36 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so happy for you two. I see a lot of John and I in you two. He had so many co-op terms in university, and then when we were married, we only saw each other on weekends, sometimes we went weeks without seeing each other. I know how you feel. I just kept telling myself that if it's meant to be then it will. 8 blissfully happy married years, 6 blissfully happy years dating before that, two children, a home, so many blessings later, we're still thrilled to be together. I wish that for you and Tommy.
Love, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: WOW, Tina! That's wonderful!!!!! new
      #202812 - 08/05/05 09:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Alicia dear! You and your hubby are SO lucky. That's so great!!!

I hope we are as lucky as yu two have been.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 760 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review