All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Barbie new
      #202472 - 08/04/05 01:22 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Rusty is so beautiful! How in the heck did you get him to balance a toy on his head?

How has he been doing lately? I know that is hard for you. I went through the same thing with the first beagle we had. It broke my heart! Just enjoy him while you can. Spoil him rotten and give him lots of hugs!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BL new
      #202482 - 08/04/05 01:37 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thats funny about the cats selecting you when you don't like them! I have one girlfriend who hates cats also and whenever we have people over, my cats always gravitate to her! I think the cats can sense you don't like them and they want to either piss you off or make friends with you, not sure which!! HEHE

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Ahhh, Amanda, you're too funny! new
      #202483 - 08/04/05 01:39 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Interesting! I'm definately not a cat person either...we'll never have one...I'm just much more a dog lover.

I think it all goes back to this one black cat that I had to babysit when I was 7...I went over to feed him one time and he HATED me...he tried to bite my foot and clung onto my sock - I was kicking him around and he wouldn't let go!! I ran into a bedroom and shut my sock in the door, and called my mom to come take care of it. Cats just freak me out since then.

Also - I hate people that get cats and let them just roam the freaking neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY HAVE A CAT??!?!?!?! Sorry - sensitive subject because we have one of those cats in the neighborhood, and everyone knows who it belongs to...they just don't let it inside. It craps in our yard, bugs the crap our of our dogs, and won't leave you alone if you try to take a walk. ANNOYING.

Next time I'll stare it down, and see if works...:)

--------------------
~Cara~

My friend's cat theory new
      #202484 - 08/04/05 01:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I am a reformed cat-hater. I used to just think they were the most arrogant little creatures.

Anyway, my friend's theory is that when people are angry or have a negative expression on their faces (like, from a dislike of cats), it causes their faces to sort of resemble a cat's: narrowed eyes, tight lips, etc. She says that's why cats gravitate toward the people least comfortable with them: because they look like them!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: My friend's cat theory new
      #202490 - 08/04/05 01:46 PM
BL

Ok....that's too funny! But, hey, I don't think I look like a cat. At least I hope not!

I swear I read somewhere that cats don't like it when you make direct eye contact with them. They see that as a threat and will leave you alone. It works for me!

I gotta find that info online.

I think they're trying to piss me off! -nt-- new
      #202491 - 08/04/05 01:47 PM
BL

Re: BL, Thanks for asking new
      #202501 - 08/04/05 01:53 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

He is about the same. When he breathes it sounds like he has a really bad cold. He's on Prednisone & Benadryl. He sleeps pretty well, though, snoring very loudly. I think he still has a pretty good quality of life because he still plays with his toys and wants to go for a short walk. I am giving him sooooo much love and attention and new toys because I don't know how much longer we will have him with us. It is very sad, indeed!

Barbie

--------------------

Cara new
      #202517 - 08/04/05 02:09 PM
BL

I had a similar experience. I was about 12 years old and was babysitting these 2 little kids. They were asleep and it was about 11 p.m. I was in the kitchen talking on the phone, and these people's cat jumped out at me from behind the kitchen window curtain! I almost had a heart attack because I did not know these people even had a cat!!! Sneaky little thing!

My sister had a cat for years---and one day she got out of the shower, and it attacked her! It bit her so hard that she had to have stitches and an antibiotic. She had to call animal control to get the cat out from under her bed. They put it to sleep because it was wild! This was her pet that had slept in her bed for years!

We had a cat once when I was little, but it ran away. I haven't had good experiences with cats, have I?

Oh well, they make me wheeze and sneeze! And my eyes swell shut when I'm around them, so I just avoid them like the plague.

I agree with you about them roaming the neighborhood. That drives me nuts! My biggest fear of moving into a townhouse is that my neighbors will have roaming cats that end up in my tiny little courtyard space! I don't want cats in my yard!

And my sister's cat used to walk all over her kitchen countertops. Do all cats do that? That seems very unsanitary to me.

Better OFF than ON ~nt~ new
      #202524 - 08/04/05 02:26 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Oh Carol....you are so funny. I bet it would be a blast to have lunch with you! ~nt~ new
      #202554 - 08/04/05 04:02 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2027 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review