All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Completely random question....
      #199236 - 07/25/05 03:53 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I've noticed something today when I went to health services to get a referral to see a GI (I have tufts health insurance so they need to refer me for them to pay for it).

Anyways.. I've noticed that the last two times i've gone to the health center I've almost started crying telling them what is wrong with me.

honestly, its nothing to be sad about. I almost cried when I went there about fainting and when I explained what happened, and I almost cried today saying absolutely nothing. The doctor just asked when wass the last time you've seen a GI, how long have you had IBS, what have you done to control it. etc etc.

I dunno whats wrong with me, but now i'm scared to go to the actual GI thinking i'm going to lose it when I actually have to give in depth descriptions of what is going on.

crying aside.. how do you get passed the embarassment. I always go to the doctor thinkign i'm going to tell them this this and this and then I always chicken out of feel embarassed (haha or like today almost cry). ahhhh

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Completely random question.... new
      #199238 - 07/25/05 03:57 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Ashley-

Are you under a lot of stress in general? Sometimes I get so stressed out I cry at random stupid things, or things I wouldn't normally cry about in public.

Same here... new
      #199242 - 07/25/05 04:13 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

for some reason, even if I'm not really sick, or really not embarrassed, I feel like crying when I talk to the doctor. Isn't that weird? My friend is the same way. We're not sure what our problem is. Maybe it's from built up anticipation, or hope of a diagnosis, who knows?? Anyway, you're not the only one!

--------------------

Totally cool, don't worry!! new
      #199249 - 07/25/05 04:25 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Dude, this is totally normal. I cried in the Social Services Administration office when the interviewer asked me what meds I was taking.

If you write everything out beforehand, sometimes it's easier. It might look weird whipping out a piece of paper when asked about your symptoms, but it's a great way of remembering them all, and it's a little less emotional than trying to pull it all together in your head.

{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}

Some days will be worse than others. You're having an emotional spell right now!! But it'll pass, I promise! You're not doing anything wrong, and you're not crazy!! It takes a lot out of me re-telling everything to a doc who's hearing it for the first time! Totally cool, and doctors are privvy to a lot of crying, so don't worry!

Now go scarf down a luna bar and crank up some old disco music!!

~nelly~

TOTALY AGREE WITH NELLY new
      #199250 - 07/25/05 04:28 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

(Great minds agian) Make list and if you have to, hand it to them! I have had to do that and I have been seeing my doctor all my life! You can also take a freind who knows what is going on and knows what you want to ask and that way if you choke dear friend can take over! I do this to dear hubby ALL THE TIME!!!!

It will be ok big hugs!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#199255 - 07/25/05 04:37 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sounds like me completely! I am ALWAYS choking back tears at doctor's offices, with nurses, etc...whenever I explain what's wrong. I feel so dumb! A lot of people (probably girls) must do that though....
I agree to write stuff down. I do that a lot because I hate leaving there and then remembering something I wanted to ask in person.

--------------------
~Cara~

#199261 - 07/25/05 04:41 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I don't have a problem with that (thank goodness). The nurse & I were joking the other day while I was waiting for my exam and she said it's no big deal to the Dr. I said that's right ... to him I'm just another A$$hole.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

thanks ladies... new
      #199284 - 07/25/05 06:32 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I thought I was completely out of the ordinary randomly having to choke back the tears. I wonder what it is? I mean I hate IBS, but I wouldn't cry over on a normal day. only when I need to talk to a doctor about it. yikes

Anyways.. Jenny- no stress at all right now. I'm taking one class but its not even remotely stressful. Its not even close to that time of the month either.

haha and nelly.. no disco music to be found.. and no luna.. but I did make RKTs and just got back from hip hop dance class if that counts.

--------------------

#199354 - 07/26/05 06:22 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh, I cried once at my doctors. It happens!

Whatever works!!!! :) new
      #199399 - 07/26/05 08:41 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

LOL! Yeah, you can tell when I'm totally projecting. Disco always works for me. And Muppets. (Nelly showing her age!)

I'm totally not a cryer either! It floors me when I tear up in public. So unlike me! And I've teared up 2ce unexpectedly recently, once pleading my case for assistance before social services and once on Saturday at the hospital with Andy's mother. I so hate public crying!! Really embarrasing!!

I wonder what it's like to be one of those macho men who never cries? Sigh! I'd love that! But I'd probably get a heart attack from not letting it out, so never mind!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2882 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review