All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Hang on guys! new
      #198841 - 07/23/05 02:21 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh no! I wasn't saying all muslims are terrorists! of course they are not! I was talking about the fact the surveys have shown that the vast majority of fundamentalist muslims are in support of jihad 'holy wars' against infidels ie us! And there is a mosque of fundamentalists around the corner from my house in London. I would never generalise about an entire religion.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I agree new
      #198844 - 07/23/05 03:10 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

No Cara, not talking to you. I agree with the post you deleted and then SOME! I was going unload on the post that I felt was disrepectful to my country and the INNOCENT people who died on 9/11 and 7/7, and 3/11. It was not anything you or Linz wrote.

Or maybe you'r teasing me? I have no idea!

--------------------

#198850 - 07/23/05 05:14 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I was just teasing you! I figured you weren't talking to me, but I wanted to make sure. I didn't mean to start any fights, I just really believe in our government, and I have huge respect for Bush and his decisions...

--------------------
~Cara~

#198948 - 07/24/05 09:38 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I wasn't being disrespectful regarding the 9/11 incident. That was clearly a tragedy and I in no way support that kind of terrorist activity!

I simply meant that I do not agree with ANY war and that I feel sorry for the innocent people that will get blamed due to their religion - when only a few people actually carry out these atrocities.

Hope you understand.

Catherine

Not a problem Catherine. I wish there were no wars or violence either -nt- new
      #198951 - 07/24/05 09:57 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Re: Maybe we should back off of each other now! new
      #198976 - 07/24/05 01:25 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Actually, if I remember my world history right, the conflict between the Middle East and Western Europe predates the Crusades (Saracens, anyone?). And for all I know, it predates the Saracens, too.

An interesting person to read on terrorism is David Gelernter, who survived an attack by the Unabomber. I recommend his book "Drawing Life: Surviving the Unabomber". He is, in fact, appalled by the fact that everyone cannot agree that terrorists are very bad people.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3050 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review