All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Fraid I don;t agree... new
      #198616 - 07/22/05 12:48 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Very interesting debate ladies. I happen to side with the wartime mentality at this point. I do believe this is WWIII. Whether anyone else wants to agree with me on that is a different story. I think we are facing a brutal enemy who will do whatever it takes to shake our will and expose our fears and weaknesses. There is no doubt in my mind that their ultimate goal is to control Saudi oil (Al Qaeda hates the monarchy) and to control Pakistan for their nukes. These people must be fought head on. When the FBI was trying to bring down organized crime, do you think they targeted people named O'Reilly or Murphy? No, they targeted Gotti, Columbo and names like that. I am half Italian and I understand why they went after Italians because that is who the mobsters are! Fact is, the terrorists of of Arabic descent. Thatis who they should target. And may I just reiterate, we need the good Muslims to filter out the evil ones. Hands down, that is what is needed.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

DEFINITELY agree with that Tommy! new
      #198646 - 07/22/05 02:21 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm hoping that the 7/7 bombings really shook our Muslim community up so they'll be alot more suspicious of people around them - some of the bomber's families were totally shocked!

One, I don't want any aparteid in London and two, the head honcho terrorists are evil but clever people and if the search net is too specific they'll get round it. Don't want that to happen. And anyway, you get Muslims of more than one colour - one of the LOndon bombers was black, not Arab.

Re: Londoner's (Linz) A little Late new
      #198689 - 07/22/05 04:40 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Sorry this post is so late but I'm glad to read that everyone is ok. This is so terrible that I just don't know what to think. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to everyone who's going through this right now.

Kelly

Re: Fraid I don;t agree... new
      #198778 - 07/23/05 07:57 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I don't think there's anyway that we can attribute a unified goal to Al Queda and other terrorist activities. There are too many individual groups acting of their own accord, or taking what they think to be the ideas of Al Queda and acting upon those. I think in many cases the terrorists just want to hurt westerners for the sake of hurting them, and expressing their frustrations, not for any larger purpose.

Re: Hang on guys! new
      #198813 - 07/23/05 11:37 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I agree Linz. Plus I do think we have pretty much created the problem ourselves with recent uncalled for wars. Violence only creates more violence and people certainly shouldn't be labelled as terrorists simply because of their religion.

Re: Hang on guys! *DELETED* new
      #198831 - 07/23/05 01:22 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Post deleted by Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Maybe we should back off of each other now! new
      #198835 - 07/23/05 01:34 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Don't wanna start a fight.

In my opinion, the latest Iraq war certainly didn't help the worldwide terror situation, but there was alot of reasons behind it. And the bad situation with the Middle East vs western capitalism goes back such a long way, you can't say "this started it". Okay, well maybe the Crusades started it.

Anyway, shall we all just agree that the terrorists are very bad people?

I agree new
      #198836 - 07/23/05 02:00 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I was going to unload when I first read that post. I work around the block from the World Trade Ctr. I wrote a scathing reply and then deleted the post. I am not going to get into a war of words. Linz, you have a good idea. Lets just leave this be for now.

--------------------

I agree Linz... new
      #198838 - 07/23/05 02:10 PM
Cara4503

I don't want to start a big fight - and I agree with what you said...I just get so frustrated with people bashing our government and the decisions made. Maybe she didn't even mean it that way...I don't know, that's why message boards are so hard. Sorry if I came off harsh!! I'll delete that post.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I agree
      #198839 - 07/23/05 02:11 PM
Cara4503

Talking to ME, Tommy???
I don't care.

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3664 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review