All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
A small update on my living situation...
      #196943 - 07/18/05 04:37 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

At the advice of a few of you, I complained to my landlord last Friday. Well... I'm not surprised to say that things have not improved yet. I went to bed around 1:00 this morning and the music was STILL playing! Not that it was real loud, but loud enough for me to hear and concentrate on while I try to drift to sleep. Not only that, but at 9:00 last night the loud music crap was played so loud, that everything in my aparment vibrated as well as today about an hour ago. I've resorted to playing "music wars" with this boy! As soon as I hear the booming of his music, I turn on Beethoven, as loud as I can possibly tolerate it. I'm going to give it a couple more days, just in case my landlord didn't get a chance to speak to them last week before heading out for the weekend (my landlord just happens to be one of our small-town realtors who's about 70 years old and very forgetful), but if this does not improve 100% by then, I will launch a full blown attack and contact the police! Grr... I'm so sick of this!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by RachelT (07/18/05 04:40 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ugh... new
      #196949 - 07/18/05 04:46 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

As someone who's had to deal with noisy a**hole neighbors EVERYWHERE I've lived, including here, I sympathize totally. I hope your landlord will do something about it. Good luck!

I would have called the cops a long time ago! new
      #196994 - 07/18/05 07:02 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Of course I am married to one . But really, I would have called a long time ago. You are far more patient than I!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Casey new
      #197308 - 07/19/05 11:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You have loud neighbours there?

Re: A small update on my living situation... new
      #197310 - 07/19/05 11:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You are being FAR too nice. I would call the cops next time they are that loud. People are so rude sometimes!

#197390 - 07/19/05 02:04 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Stereo wars are no fun! I'm so happy to be in a house where I don't have to worry abou this! But, we do have a couple of teenagers in the neighborhood and they drive by with their car sterios thumping SO loud, I'm just sure our windows are going to break one of these days! I feel for ya, honey!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#197396 - 07/19/05 02:10 PM
gregory wayne

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: MEMPHIS, Tennessee

good to a a womman on here, ha ha. what are there 10000 or so. You seem sweet and a supportal person. take care of yourself and you family

Ain't renting fun new
      #197445 - 07/19/05 04:52 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You have my total sympathy. I, too, have been living with obnoxious apartment neighbors for years. Why can't people just be considerate and respect each other???

I hate renting and dream of the day I can get out of this shared living environment. It's horrible not having any control over other people's actions, even though it greatly affects your health(mental and physical). My IBS is in high gear when things get really bad hear.

When I finally complained to my landlord (very assertively and politely) he told me that I was the problem and that people shouldn't have to live on eggshells because I thought their music/slamming doors/partying was too loud. He said that comes with living in an apartment...and that I shouldn't complain to him again.

Good luck and if you come to a solution, please share!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Good grief! new
      #197483 - 07/19/05 06:53 PM
RachelT

I can't believe your landlord said that to you! Jeepers! What a jerk! It's in his job description to keep life relatively reasonable for all of his tenants!

Our living situation here is thankfully not going to be long term... we only signed a 6 month lease. So that's helping us to get through this tough time. I hope you're able to eventually find something a little more decent with a landlord that actually takes his job seriously! I don't envy you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

I know! new
      #197488 - 07/19/05 06:59 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thank you for validating my thoughts! I was starting to doubt myself and think he was right!

Are you going to buy a place, Rachel? Or are you looking to rent something different?

I would love to own my own place...but I think I need to get out of here soon...and I'm not ready, financially to buy yet.

Any impovements in your situation? I'm glad it's only a 6 month lease...you can see the light! I'm month to month...so I can go anytime! But don't know if I should rent another place and get tied into another lease and maybe another bad situation. Oy, I need to win the lottery for sooooooooooooo many reasons!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I know! new
      #197508 - 07/19/05 07:49 PM
RachelT

Oh yeah... I'm with you on the lottery thing! Yuck!

No improvements as of yet. I'm giving it one more day, so we'll see.

As for buying or renting... our plan is to actually move back up to the Twin Cities after the baby is born. Whether or not we'll buy is another question. It really depends on what our financial situation is like and what kind of job my DH can get. We've owned already once and thoroughly enjoyed it... the only reason we sold was so that DH could take a position here in Iowa, which of course has turned out to be quite the opposite of what we thought.

I sure hope you find something better for you. Even if you rent again, I would think it would be better than where you are now. Some places are willing to do short term leases, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to rent again, if that's where you stand financially.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Rachel, hope you can get this resolved..... new
      #197599 - 07/20/05 06:28 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I know you need some good sleep! I understand, believe me. The noise level in our household went down tremendously when our oldest son went off to college last year. He likes his punk music as loud as can be---and it drives me nuts!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1330

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review