All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back from the mountains
      #196751 - 07/18/05 10:04 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahh, I had the best birthday ever! My husband had to drag me away from this place kicking and screaming.

We stayed at the most beautiful restored inn. Our room overlooked a waterfall and a beautiful perennial garden. At night, the weather was so COOL! We sat in the rocking chairs on the porch---and just relaxed! Then we'd go back to our room and sit by the gas fireplace next to our bed. (Sure, that's what we did!)

Every afternoon, we had tea and cookies, and last night's dinner was fabulous! I had a grilled fresh vegetable salad, trout in a lemon Chardonnay sauce with risotta and fresh peas, corn and aspargus---and an apricot tart topped with warm Brie for dessert!!! A pianist was playing nearby, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Of course, I had DIARRHEA, big time, afterwards, but thank goodness, I made it back to the room in time!

We toured the Biltmore Resort and the winery ----where we sampled wines and champagne. I had asked beforehand and been told there would be plenty of crackers to eat with the wine. Well, the woman was being very stingy with them. She'd give us one tiny cracker and put the bowl up. I asked for more, she was reluctant, so I threw a tantrum!

I finally said, "I'm gonna have major stomach cramps if you don't give me some more of those crackers!" I was about to wrestle her for the bowl. People were giving me strange looks.

I did ok with the wine, but now I experiencing major bloating. (I can't imagine why, can you?)

Oh well, it was so-o-o worth it. What a fabulous birthday!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back from the mountains new
      #196760 - 07/18/05 10:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like a delightful weekend!!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time and you got to relax! Sorry to hear about the D but at least your room was close by! I wonder why the lady was being so stingey with those crackers?? LOL! Glad you had a great time!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Sounds wonderful! new
      #196799 - 07/18/05 11:24 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Where did you go again? Your in NC right?

You deserved to be pampered....don't you wish you could live like that everyday! I honestly don't think I'd get bored at all!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Went to Asheville, N.C.--nt-- new
      #196800 - 07/18/05 11:31 AM
BL

Mmmm.... sounds wonderful! new
      #196807 - 07/18/05 11:43 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm glad you had such a great time BL! You needed that!

PS - I'm jealous!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Yay! new
      #196812 - 07/18/05 12:07 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sounds incredible - I'm so glad you got to get away, and had a wonderful birthday. I'm so happy for you! (And jealous of the beautiful weekend you had)

--------------------
~Cara~

I'm so glad you had a good time! ~nt~ new
      #196822 - 07/18/05 12:28 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#196836 - 07/18/05 12:53 PM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

sounds awesome!! we wnet to the biltmore a couple years ago at christmas time- it's worth going to see it decorated for the holidays!! hmmm, maybe I should throw some hints at home!!

#196908 - 07/18/05 03:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Sounds so very relaxing......So did the food meet yours and your husband's "best food list"??? I remember you saying you both can't find a place that actually has the best food.

Glad you had a nice birthday! One you will remember forever I'm sure and that's great feeling.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Most excellent! new
      #196909 - 07/18/05 03:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That sounds like a fabulous birthday if I've ever heard of one. And yeah, some things are totally worth the D and bloating afterwards - LOL!

BL, what a fabulous B'Day!!! WOO HOO!!!! -nt- new
      #196945 - 07/18/05 04:43 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

#196951 - 07/18/05 04:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Happy Dance for BL!

Thank you for your e-mail...I love ya *hugs*

Ruch

P.S. Haven't had time to write back...will asap!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #197001 - 07/18/05 07:31 PM
BL

I love you too! I'm sorry I overreacted last week. As I said in my email, I don't know what in the world possessed me to be arguing with you---and everyone else on the board.
Sometimes I work myself into a frenzy over the tiniest thing--- And then I hate myself for it.

(Kind of like waking up with a hangover and wondering what in the heck you've done!)

Hopefully, I won't throw any temper tantrums again. If I do, you guys just kick me off the board!

LitteLisa new
      #197006 - 07/18/05 07:37 PM
BL

Yes, the food far exceeded our expectations! It was one of the best meals we have ever had.

The chef graduated from the Culinary Institute of America, and she is the former sous chef for Robert Mondavi Winery.

The dinner was unbelievable! My husband and I were moaning and groaning in ecstacy with every bite!

(I thought about you and your Applebee's meals.)

Cara new
      #197009 - 07/18/05 07:40 PM
BL

I thought about you while we were there. We saw several young pregnant women (and their hubbies, of course!) at the inn. Guess they were having their last getaway weekend before the baby came!

Happy belated bday BL! new
      #197039 - 07/18/05 09:39 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

BL - Sounds like you had a fabulous time this weekend! Was the weather nice? It's just starting to rain up here, and its super muggy right now. Blech. My parents and I are driving through Asheville tomorrow, and I was wanting to stop at the Biltmore Estate and do some wine tasting, but I don't think we'll have time! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday though!!!! Sounds like your hubby really struck gold this year...

And, i just wanted to chime in that I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
Quote:

(Kind of like waking up with a hangover and wondering what in the heck you've done!)

There are several times when I say things or write things in a moment of passion...I get all heated up and then later on think "why on earth did that affect me so much?".....And I am the queen of temper tantrums!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re:Applebees new
      #197464 - 07/19/05 05:59 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey BL, don't be making fun of my Applebees LOL!!!!

I'm glad that you had the best meal ever! I'm actually very envious of your being able to experiment with all those funky foods. I'm so boring when it comes to eating. I'm so same old, same old. I do believe though that if my belly were more stable I'd try different foods.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

LittleLisa new
      #197475 - 07/19/05 06:30 PM
BL

I told you I had D within minutes of returning to my hotel room!!! But it was soooooo worth it!!!

And it's not funky food. It's terrific food!

steather new
      #197478 - 07/19/05 06:40 PM
BL

So I'm not the only one who does things they regret in the heat of passion? Sometimes I just want to kick myself.

So you are in Raleigh? I'm not far from you.....I'm in the Queen City.

Re: LitteLisa new
      #197515 - 07/19/05 08:04 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Wow. I am jealous. My husband and I would love to have had the opportunity to eat such a great chef's food! (And no Applebees for us- I don't think there's a single vegetarian thing on the menu).

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review