All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Let me introduce myself...
      #196700 - 07/18/05 08:14 AM
jonesgirl

Reged: 10/03/04
Loc: Ohio

I am Kathy, and I realize I just sort of busted into your living room!! LOL! Anyway, longtime sufferer of IBS, D-type with SOME measure of control at this time because of meds, but always the threat of it "rearing" its ugly head. I have had 2 colonoscopies which essentially showed no problems which I guess is good, but you know, you want answers and you want a doctor to say "This is what we need to do and you will be cured". I'm a Christian, so I trust that this is in God's hands, however I also am a nurse so I realize that medicines are VERY important in controlling any sort of illness. I am married, have one daughter who you will hear LOTS about, and 2 lovely shih-tzus who are my lovey pups, and I have a cat and a grand-kitten. I play flute and have had frequent times of getting in front of the church congregation and playing, either solos or with a "praise team", or with the choir. So, I do try to live my life as unaffected by IBS as I can. I have suffered a great deal over the last year with it, which lead to a hospitalization last September... I had developed a bacterial infection of the bowel called CDiff, which is a toxin and poisons your system. I think I developed this due to taking antibiotics, rather than "catching" it from one of my patients. I much prefer to think that this is how I got it, and by all means, the CDiff is gone now, but it did spiral me downward, of course, because of having the IBS, it just irritated it further. A very understanding doctor who I worked with at the hospital became MY new doctor, as I called him the night I had had enough of feeling so bad and he admitted me and got me back on track. I started going to him as my GP, but now he's leaving... he's been THE BEST! So now I fear looking for a new doctor who will go along with taking the "over the top" meds I take... would constipate most any elephant, but NOT ME!!! Actually, for the time being, I can't complain much... because things are better... but just never know when it's going to hit. Can be fine one minute and not the next. You ALL understand, I can tell by reading your posts! I ran across this website sometime back, and just recently started really looking at it and hope to become part of the "family" of like-sufferers here so that I can "vent" with the rest of you who understand it all. I do have a very understanding husband about this, but it doesn't stop the misery. Thanks for checking me out... hope I sometime have something that helps you! Kathy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Kathy! new
      #196703 - 07/18/05 08:19 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Nice to 'meet' you! Welcome to the boards. Congrats on your daughter's wedding - I read that in your other post.
I agree that you should take immodium those days - it's a life saver! And just eat a lot of bread to stabalize your tummy. You'll do great! You'll see..when the time comes you'll hardly have time to think about your tummy!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hi Kathy! new
      #196705 - 07/18/05 08:22 AM
jonesgirl

I gave up on immodium a long time ago... lomotil is my "drug of choice" and the nulev is an absolute lifesaver... I don't care if I don't go for 2 weeks as long as THAT day goes great! And I fit into my dress... LOL! Trying to stay positive and keep a good sense of humor... it will go fine, I'm certain, right?????

#196730 - 07/18/05 09:08 AM
jonesgirl

Just read your bio... congrats on the new one in your life. It's the most awesome experience I have ever had, and I still enjoy every moment of motherhood... but I won't sugarcoat it, it's tough sometimes. Just love that little one as it grows and you and only you get to know him/her before he/she enters this world!! It's amazing. God bless you. Suggestion, not asked for, but here it goes... if you haven't already found out what you're having, keep it a surprise!! I didn't have the option when I was pregnant, ultrasound was only used for problems... not routine as it is now. So I didn't find out, and it's like the GREATEST Christmas present you've ever unwrapped!! LOL!!! ~K~

#196743 - 07/18/05 09:41 AM
Cara4503

Hey thanks!

This has been the most exciting part of my life so far, it's truly amazing and I'm so in LOVE with this baby already. We already found out - it's a boy
I will find out with every baby, that's just how I am - I am such a planner - I had the room painted blue the DAY after we found out! And now I don't need to buy everything 'nuetral'. I know some people love it to be a surprise, but I am not one of them...It was just as much a surprise the day we found out! We are both very excited.

I actually posted pics from the sonogram not too long ago! Here's the link to it - Sonogram

--------------------
~Cara~

#196744 - 07/18/05 09:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! Glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#196761 - 07/18/05 10:11 AM
jonesgirl

What a blessing... I only have the one daughter, so don't know much about raising boys... but during my pregnancy, I dreamed of both, and was actually pretty sure I was having a boy. As soon as she was born, I was head over heels in love. They brought my dad back to the delivery room (I was single, and my mom and great girlfriend were with me during the birth)... and before he saw, I asked him what he thought I had... he said, "A boy"... then he looked and just laughed and beamed. Funny... no matter what you think or what you really expect, it truly IS a surprise and really doesn't matter... that is YOUR baby! Congrats, congrats and congrats, all in blue!! LOL!

Re: Let me introduce myself... new
      #196766 - 07/18/05 10:16 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Welcome to the boards! I look forward to hearing more from you!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#196811 - 07/18/05 12:06 PM
Cara4503

What a cute story! I was actually convinced this was a girl...would have put money on it I was so sure! I had so many realistic dreams of holding a girl, giving birth to a girl, I could actually see her face in some dreams! So when the doc said boy, I kind of felt like it wasn't real....in some ways it's still hard to believe! So much for my sixth sense - lol. Guess not ALL woman have it!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Let me introduce myself... new
      #196912 - 07/18/05 03:25 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hi Kathy! I wondered if I was EVER gonna run into someone on this board that had C-diff! I had it about 4 years ago. I got it (now you aren't gonna like my theory but...)1st from taking too many antibiotics. I was on a 30day course(amox)to treat Lyme Disease then I got bronchitis and was on another course(amox)since it didn't go away I then took (Biaxin)which did me in. I was SOOOOOOO sick. Lost ten pounds(was never hospitalized like you thank goodness)but with the treatment of Vancomycin it went away. Now to my theory. From what I understand the c-diff is in our bodies all the time but when you contract c-diff from another source, it completely takes over your body and all the good bacteria is eaten by the c-diff. I work for a skilled nursing facility and I think my resistance was down so much from the Lyme Disease and oh I had mono too and the same time, that I must have gotten at work. I know it's fecal to mouth but these little old people might not wash their hands and touch door handles, walking units, counters and other things. I have become so germaphobic from it!

I'd love to hear your story! BTW-I've had IBS for many years prior to the c-diff so my IBS actually didn't get any worse from it.

I'm glad you are doing better and welcome to the sites!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4512 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review