All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Dog lovers..tell me if I was wrong...
      #195952 - 07/15/05 07:51 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Crazy story- Sorry I am long winded but I cannot get it off my mind.
Last night on my way to bed while carrying my 3y/o I noticed a lady and her young daughter walking a yellow lab- which I love so I was admiring the dog for a moment- then the dog decides to download on my front yard- a lot- well, I do not have a dog for this is one reason. I would rather clean my cats litter box!! Well, she watches the dog do this then walks on by. I live in the city in a nice neighborhood where you would think people would pick up after their dogs!!
Anyway, out of anger, I knocked on the window- I was thinking it wasn't that loud but evidently she heard me and kept on walking. She never turned around. So I explained to my 6y/o why I was upset- because her brother always ends up stepping in it- and always while he is barefoot playing in the sprinkler. So my kids and I got in my bed to watch tv for a while and I was on the phone. we heard a knock at the door- I peeked out the window (mind you this is about 15 minutes later) and it was her!!! So, I didn't answer it- it was more important for me to be talking to my grandmother on the phone than listen to the dog do lady. And ten minutes later the phone rings- so I answer and hear this in a stern voice "Is this Jessica" yes, I say hesitantly, "this is carol from down the street(she knew my name!), and I just wanted to let you know that I heard you knocking on the window when my dog pooped- I forgot my bags and I wanted to let you know that I did come back and pick it up" I think I was in shock!! I told her thank you and that I apprecitated it due to the kid thing.. anyway, she would have never come back to pick that up if I wouldn't have knocked on the window!! So we hung up and she called me back 10 minutes later and asked if our kids could ride to school together- it freaked me out b/c she knew who I was and I had no idea who she was she knew my kids!! Come to find out she goes to my church and her son and my daughter go to the same school- just weird- so I feel like a total heel but at the same time I don't want to be the lady that tolerates other dogs' do- I find it all the time in my flower garden- so I guess I just want to know if that was totally rude or isn't it just an understanding that you clean up after your dog???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Totally fine by me! new
      #195956 - 07/15/05 08:03 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What I do in that situation is call out and ask if they need a poop bag! ALWAYS gets them. Any old plastic bag will do as long as it hasn't got holes in.

If you see her again soon, I'd just say that you didn't realise it was her and thought she was a stranger who was going to leave the poop!

Re: Dog lovers..tell me if I was wrong... new
      #195966 - 07/15/05 08:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yeah that's gross, I would have been mad too. At least she did come back and pick it up...
I always bring bags when I walk my dogs. One time, though, both of them pooped - and one did it twice - and I didn't have another bag. I felt SO bad, and I did turn around and go home to get another bag real quick. Maybe she really did forget a bag....but who knows!

--------------------
~Cara~

I've become expert at using bags twice... new
      #195971 - 07/15/05 08:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but it's so gross and sometimes ALL the poop falls on the floor while I'm trying to pick it up.

Yucky!!! LoL. new
      #195973 - 07/15/05 08:13 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Eww. I tie the bag in a knot when I am done, so there's no way I'm ripping it open to use again. Ugh. Dog poop is gross. And Emeril seriously loves to eat his poop - he tries to eat it before it hits the ground practically, it's disgusting...so he's spinning in circles while he poops and we yell at him. Gross. Sorry if that made anyone sick - LOL.

--------------------
~Cara~

#195979 - 07/15/05 08:17 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

No, I don't think you were being rude to knock on the window. I would've done the same thing too! And whether she really did forget her bag or you "helped" her remember, that's not really important. What's important is that she DID come back to pick it up---and she made sure you knew it and she apologized. That's being a responsible dog owner!

I sometimes forget to take the doggie bags with me. One of mine pooped in the yard down the street when I had forgotten the bag! I was horrified, but what are you gonna do? I ran back home, put the dogs up, and went back down the street to pick it up.

That's all you can do!

I thought you were going to say she called and said you were being rude and no, she wasn't going to pick it up! Now that would be RUDE!!!!!

#195989 - 07/15/05 08:46 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It is an understanding that you should clean up after your dog. I think you were justified in knocking on the window.

It also looks like you may have a stalker....yikes!!! Be careful!!

Not rude---but brave!! new
      #195993 - 07/15/05 09:01 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I don't think I would have had the guts to do that! But it's good you did, and the fact that she still wants your kids to ride with hers must mean she doesn't think you're a b***h, right? She probably felt bad. I think what you did was ok!!

--------------------

Re: Totally fine by me! new
      #195997 - 07/15/05 09:15 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, not rude at all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#196004 - 07/15/05 09:37 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm confused. Why are you assuming she lied to you? We always clean up after our dogs, but sometimes they go a few more times than we expected, or we're in a hurry, and we don't have a bag. We would have done the same thing, gone home to grab one and come back to pick it up.

I don't believe that you knocking on the window was the reason she cleaned up the poo.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2359 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review