All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Looks great! but new
      #196111 - 07/15/05 12:44 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Hey! We couldn't get pregnant for well over a year...I was one of those 'want to get pregnant' girls! We had a really hard time, so this is a huge blessing! I never miscarried, just couldn't get pregnant.

That blanket over the chair is my baby blanket! My mom gave it back to me a couple weeks ago when she came to visit.

I hope you are pregnant SOON!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww! Thanks Kelly! :) -nt- new
      #196113 - 07/15/05 12:45 PM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: hey thanks! new
      #196116 - 07/15/05 12:48 PM
Cara4503

Quote:

Let me know if you want any help hashing out an idea...I, in no way, mean to sound conceided, but I am quite the little entrepenuer - my dad always teases me that I know so many people and have too many ideas to tie myself down to one thing LOL

You are! That's awesome...it's great that you have that motivation!

I would do something like that, I just really don't think I'd be that good at it! I mean, I'm good at knowing what I like...but other people?? I don't know!

--------------------
~Cara~

Give it a think! new
      #196143 - 07/15/05 02:21 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I know that I'm certainly hoping that by the time we're havign kids I've started as a garden designer so that even if I get really sick and can't do a regular job I can design part time. I LOVE designing. Doing it for other people is the best as you get to try out ideas that you might not do at home! My garden plan for home is a disaster as I keep on trying to fit ALL my favourite plants in. I did one for my parents garden (based on what they said they wanted/liked) and it was soooo much easier, cos I just went "okay, this is what's wanted, this is the space, what can I do wih that?".

I think being a good designer is about having an eye for colour and spaces and then listening to people. Like, I LOVE your nursery, but your dining room isn't "me". HOWEVER, I can see that it's really stylish and the space and colours works really well . That's the kind of room I might design for someone else...in this house it would never stay looking nice so I wouldn't go for such a "perfect" design in the first place. Also, my parents got a pro garden designer to do most of their garden (not the bed I've designed) 3 years ago and while they love most of it, he totally didn't listen to what they said - blew the budget on 1/3 of it, etc. Listening to the clients is what makes people recommend designers to their friends!

And hey, if you did do that, you could use your engineer maths, technical know-how and perfectionism in something you really like that works around little Grant.

Re: Pic of baby's room so far! :) new
      #196145 - 07/15/05 02:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How very very cute.... I love the "sweet dreams"

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Pic of baby's room so far! :) new
      #196245 - 07/15/05 06:08 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ohhhhhh Cara! It looks so sweet! Almost exactly how we did our first nursery. Blue and white. I did all white furniture too!

Stripes are SO "in" now. Justin & your dad did a great job. Oh and the Sweet Dreams is just precious!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: I used to like my dining room........... new
      #196270 - 07/15/05 06:49 PM
LittleLisa

until I saw yours Cara! I LOVE the walls! I am so afraid to do something like that for fear of messing up. So I guess I'll settle with my plain green walls!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Edited by LittleLisa (07/15/05 06:55 PM)

LoL Lisa! new
      #196336 - 07/16/05 05:32 AM
Cara4503

We have VERY similar dining rooms! I love your taste in furniture! Hehe. I searched for a hutch like that for so long...love it!

I love your dining room! You should get those little lamp shades for the light bulbs - they look SO cute..they sell them everywhere now.

Don't be scared to paint! You can always paint right over it... but I think the green looks great in there!

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks LL :) new
      #196337 - 07/16/05 05:33 AM
Cara4503

You're a doll!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LoL Lisa! new
      #196353 - 07/16/05 07:08 AM
LittleLisa

Thanks Cara. My hubby is handy too and he did all the picture box framing and crown moulding himself. (Had to buy him a $300 tool to do it )!!! But at least now I can get him to crown mould the whole house

I'm so very bad with paints. Now that that color is up I want it a shade darker in green. He's ready to kill me! I'm sure it will stay that color for some years though The dining room chandelier is GOING! I just having found the right one but it's too funny that you say to get one with the lamp shades cuz I was leaning toward one like that LOL!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8681

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review