All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I can't avoid it any longer... gotta start wearing the @^#!@ diapers!!!!!
      #194842 - 07/12/05 05:49 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Guys may want to skip this post.

Along with all the other LOVELY ways my body has decided that it is about 100 years old, I have this wonderful "cystocele" or "fallen bladder" that has gotten really really bad. I have a rectocele too, you don't wanna know, but let's just say if pooping weren't hard enough, it doesn't HELP!

So bottom line is, to be blunt, my bladder is falling out my vagina and needs to be tied back up with surgery that I'm in no hurry to get done because I'm TIRED of surgeries and hospitals, but looks like I'll just have to do it this winter. I was out walking the dog and a coughing fit hit me, and I wet myself!!! If I dont' laugh about it I'll just burst into tears, I swear. Those of you who have been pregnant, you remember what this felt like - increase it about 20 fold and there you have ME right now... at any given moment.

So how does a gal who wears cotton thongs figure out how to put a Poise liner in there for these lovely "ooops" moments!!??????

I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I can't avoid it any longer... gotta start wearing the @^#!@ diapers!!!!! new
      #194849 - 07/12/05 05:55 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahh, poor Michelle! I thought my body was falling apart. (Just kidding!) You are too young for this. Maybe they will put you on one of those Depends commercials. You could increase sales for their younger market!

Sorry, but we have to laugh or we will cry. (Oops! We're not supposed to make you laugh~)

Seriously, my YOUNGER sister just went through a similar thing. Her uterus was hanging out of her vagina (due to an extremely difficult delivery of her baby)---and she had to have a hysterectomy. She thought she was going ot have to have her bladder tucked too, but the urologist thinks it will be ok after the other parts were taken care of.

Why is it that women have all these problems---and men seem to sail alone with no problems? Just a thought!

I hope you don't have to have surgery for this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. We can't have you wetting your clothes!

Oh, surgery has been CONFIRMED for months, it's just up to me WHEN.... new
      #194852 - 07/12/05 06:00 PM
ecmmbm

3 kids in 4 years and the last one weighing 10 lbs all delievered vaginally... kinda did the job on the "parts" there.

I keep telling myself.. none of these issues with my body are life threatening. I keep reminding myself of dh's best friend at work, his wife went in with abdominal pain and was told she had pancreatic and liver cancer. 6 weeks later she was dead. Her kids have no mather, her husband has no wife...

When I start to feel sorry for myself I think of that... but I still hate the idea of wearing POISE. Not exactly "sexy mama"...

Ugh... I gotta make Luke's cookies, better get to it !

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Re: I can't avoid it any longer... gotta start wearing the @^#!@ diapers!!!!! new
      #194856 - 07/12/05 06:21 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awwwww I can't even imagine how terrible that must feel. As much as you're tired of surgery think about how much better you're going to feel both physically AND mentally once you get it done. It'll be soooo worth it.

Try and hang in there....and if it helps...I've wet myself coughing (and laughing once or twice) and my bladder is apparently just fine.

Really not fair!! new
      #194864 - 07/12/05 06:43 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

What an awful thing to deal with!! And like you said, on top of everything else!! Well, I hope the surgery is succesful and you don't have to worry about that again. Maybe just have to switch to bikini briefs for a while?

--------------------

Oh gosh Michelle.... new
      #194881 - 07/12/05 07:45 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I have heard of this happening to other ladies...I am so sorry!

I once held a one year old and tried to jump on the trampoline and could have used one of those poise things for sure!

Be encouraged...this too shall pass! You have had a time in the last few months haven't you! I am proud of you for maintaining your happy aura!

Hugs,

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Michelle and BL new
      #194971 - 07/13/05 05:56 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

BL,

Ya know you have a point. Maybe they will make one a poise designed for thongs!

Ha ha...I am all about laughing about our maladies. My mom once told me I talked so much about my GI tract I sounded like an old lady!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Michelle and BL new
      #195010 - 07/13/05 06:56 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Oh honey! I feel so terrible for you - but if it's any consulation it could be alot worse right? I mean, you have beautiful children, surrounded by wonderful friends and family who all will understand your condition.

So although it's a blow to your ego - I say keep your chin up and concentrate on what you have.

(BIGGEST HUGS EVER)

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

I appreciate this and you are EXACTLY right!! nt new
      #195014 - 07/13/05 06:59 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#195015 - 07/13/05 06:59 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Oh, Michelle, unbelievable. My former boss had this surgery done because she had big babies, resulting in the same condition. Her surgery went very well. She took a leave for about a month...and came back like nothing had happened! I think she was trying to use extra disability leave for some time off!

Anywhoo, she went to PT afterwards to help tone the muscles back up...and she is just great now!

Surgery stinks, but at least it is something they can fix, right? Unlike this IBS.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5887 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review