All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
I agree with Tina & Ashley new
      #194778 - 07/12/05 03:37 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

My Mom and Dad have been married for 33 years and they both still adore one another. My Dad is not perfect but he goes above and beyond for my mom. For every holiday and anniversary he lavishes her with gifts and flowers and love. That is the way it has always been and theyhave gone through some tough times but their love for one another has never wavered through it.

On a happier note, I can say that I never catch them making out in the kitchen when I am visiting!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

UPDATE #3 new
      #194859 - 07/12/05 06:30 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

LOL Sorry for all the constant updates....you guys can just tell me to shut up if you're sick of hearing about this.

He called me 3 times this evening (i missed 2 of the calls) and said he was thinking about me a lot and that he was really looking forward to seeing me tomorrow and that he missed me. I'm wondering why such a huge change.

Maybe he realized that he could lose me and he doesn't want to.

He's always been such an amazing boyfriend....and I really mean AMAZING. He has always been someone who would do anything for me and treated me like I was the centre of his universe. He's stood up for me with his friends and even stood for me with his parents.

I guess that's why it shocked me so much that he's been acting so hot and cold lately.

I was telling my grandmother some of the advice that I was given from you guys and the one that she said was so true was that sometimes one person will have to carry the both of you for a few miles....and then later on....he'll have to carry the both of us. It happens this way she said....

All I know is that I love him and he loves me and I am trying to understand that maybe he's just super confused right now and I'm going to give it a chance. If I don't see things improve then I will move on....but I'm not willing to turn my back on such a history and an amazing man who could just be going through a "20something crisis" right now.

I'll update again tomorrow after we talk and let you guys know how it goes.

A good plan..... new
      #194861 - 07/12/05 06:35 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm really hoping it works out for you guys. It sounds like a good thing worth holding on to. It sounds like he sincerely is trying to keep things together and wants stay with you...that has to mean something, right? If faced with the prospect of you leaving, he said "Fine", THEN you'd have to really worry. You're a good person to try and make it work and give him the understanding he needs.

Ginger

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review