All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Kimm, I missed this whole thing...Me too! new
      #194409 - 07/11/05 08:49 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sorry. I don't really have anything to contribute because only you can make the decision that's right for you but I wish you strength in making the right one for you and hope it turns out the way you want it to. Thinking of you ((((hugs)))))

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OK, I have to say something to defend my Gender new
      #194470 - 07/12/05 06:38 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

OK, I have to say that women are just as bad when it comes to what they want and don't want. I'm not talking about my girl (she's amazing) or any of the great gals on the boards but in general. I know plenty of my friends who are good guys who have gone through the same stuff. Sorry, I just could not take anymore of "oh men" statements.

--------------------

I'm with Tommy... new
      #194472 - 07/12/05 06:45 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, I support you Tommy. Like I said further down the thread, every guy is an individual, and you can't predict what they'll do based on gender. Or well, I guess you could, but it might end badly when they don't do what you think they'll do... anyway.

Re: I'm with Tommy... new
      #194477 - 07/12/05 06:56 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Totally agree with Tommy - I apologize if I offended you - I seriously understand your statement - there are just as many women out there who want to have just have fun!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#194479 - 07/12/05 06:59 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Don't worry, I am not offended. It takes a great deal more than that to make me angry! I just had to say something though considering I am like one of the fews guys on these boards!

--------------------

UPDATE #2 new
      #194547 - 07/12/05 09:45 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well he called me first thing this morning when he woke up just to say good morning and chat for a minute.

I don't really know what to think. He says he loves me and hasn't fallen out of love with me. He thinks we're compatible (sp?) and that we make an awesome match. BUT his feelings have changed a little. He says that looking towards the future at marriage and kids scares him to death. He says he can go days without seeing me and he doesn't really miss me that much. What does that mean???

I'm trying to understand it from his perspective. He just graduated from college in May and has just started his first "career" type job so maybe looking toward the future at anything (not just marriage and kids) is scary for him right now.

I do know that I can't be with someone that I'm madly in love with if he's not madly in love with me. I don't want to be with someone just because we're "compatible and make a good match" .... there needs to be passion there or else I don't want it. Is that asking too much?

Anyway.....sorry for another ramble....

#194553 - 07/12/05 09:53 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh ya, women can be just as messed up. I have plenty of friends (one of them Tommy knows all abouat) who are VERY messed up. It's the person, not the gender. I think.

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #194554 - 07/12/05 09:55 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, umm... Kimm, you should find a guy that doesn't say things like he can go days without seeing you and be fine. That's a horrible thing to say.

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #194555 - 07/12/05 09:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Well he called me first thing this morning when he woke up just to say good morning and chat for a minute.

I don't really know what to think. He says he loves me and hasn't fallen out of love with me. He thinks we're compatible (sp?) and that we make an awesome match. BUT his feelings have changed a little. He says that looking towards the future at marriage and kids scares him to death. He says he can go days without seeing me and he doesn't really miss me that much. What does that mean??? Means he is not madly in love with you!

I'm trying to understand it from his perspective. He just graduated from college in May and has just started his first "career" type job so maybe looking toward the future at anything (not just marriage and kids) is scary for him right now. Maybe he is afraid that marriage/girlfriend/kids will take away from HIS goals, career.... that happens A LOT.... by any chance does he listen to Tom Lycos on the radio?? (find out, and let me know)

I do know that I can't be with someone that I'm madly in love with if he's not madly in love with me. I don't want to be with someone just because we're "compatible and make a good match" .... there needs to be passion there or else I don't want it. Is that asking too much? NO!!

Anyway.....sorry for another ramble.... Anytime!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Hmm... new
      #194561 - 07/12/05 10:01 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sorry to just be joining in the conversation, I just didn't know what to add from what everyone else said!

I feel really bad for you, because it sucks when you are madly in love with someone and they don't feel the exact same way. That happened to me - I dated a guy in high school, and then through the first 1.5 years of college...I know I was young, but I was IN LOVE. Convinced he was the one.

Long story short - we broke up eventually, and it was REALLY hard at first. I thought that was it, and I'd never love like that again....
BOY was I W-R-O-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had never left that guy, I would have never married Justin, and let me tell ya - I KONW I am much happier than I ever would have been, because Justin is so madly in love with ME! He could leave to go to the store real quick and he'll call me on the way and say he misses me. I could spend every waking (and sleeping) minute with him and never be bored, and I love that he feels the same way. We are best friends, and it's such an amazing feeling! He leaves me post-it notes in hidden places reminding me how lucky he feels, how beautiful I am, etc.....For your bf to say that he wouldn't miss you after a couple days just breaks my heart!! If I even THINK about Justin leaving for a day I'm already missing him in my thoughts!

Bottom line - I NEVER felt this loved with my other bf...I knew he loved me and didn't want to break up, but I also knew that he wasn't as IN LOVE with me as I was with him. Guess waht?? He's still a bachelor, no gf, and sharing an apartment with this nasty guy that is drunk almost every night. And look at me now! I'm at the happiest point in my LIFE with this baby on the way and the most incredible man in the world wrapped around my finger
And of course I'm wrapped right around his!

Don't know if this helped...but I just think you really deserve to be truly HAPPY, and maybe a break would be just what you need right now. You really want to feel that 'true love'....NO DOUBTS!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4490 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review