All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Linz..... new
      #194446 - 07/12/05 01:34 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

((((hugs)))) obviously I don't know if I have fibro but coming from a mum who gets so ill she can hardly move a lot I just had to say to you that you find it in you. It's strange but at the first sign of feeling ill before kids I headed for bed with my water bottle, these days I seem to be able to cope with housework, world war 3 in my living room and a billion other things while dashing in and out of the loo. And when the aches and pains and fatigue strike it's certainly no fun but you do find something in you that makes you keep going. I hope you feel confident enough to have your baby soon I think you'll be a great mummy

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chinagirl new
      #194485 - 07/12/05 07:21 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hmm, vegatarian, I'm not really sure, sorry! I have been on Pre-Nate, they are a prescription, I'm not sure how much iron they have in them, I'll have to check when I get home. I'm IBS C and they don't bother me. I know there is one pre-natal vitamin you can get that also has a stool softner it in if you are prone to C.

I'm so glad all you girls are thinking in advance and have appts set up BEFORE you want to try, very smart! I'm sure you will all be great mommies! It looks like we will have lots of pregnant people next year!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Linz..... new
      #194487 - 07/12/05 07:35 AM
michele

Its got to be very difficult with the fibro. I'm lucky that I don't suffer from it but my mom does and I know some days she is confined to the bed. I guess my only advice is pretty obvious, try and have as much support as possible. Weather its grandparents to come and help when you don't feel good or a local day care, maybe a church group or other stay at home moms.

This is something I get concerned about too and I'm more or less healthy. My mom lives 2 hours away and WIlls parents 4 hours away. None of my friends have babies and all work full time. I really don't know ANYONE locally with kids, so I feel like I'm going to be all on my own. Luckily, WIll works from home so his schedule is pretty flexible. My job is so that I should be able to take baby to work 2 days a week so hopefully we will only have to pay for a day care service 1 or 2 days a week. Although we are not well off my any stretch of the imagination, I don't really have problems paying bills and I shop more than I need to, so I'm sure money will be short and our kids won't be wearing gucci but they shouldn't have to go without either! I guess I'm to the point now where I'm not worrying about it all so much, I'm just hoping it will all work out.

--------------------

Re: cara new
      #194489 - 07/12/05 07:38 AM
michele

I'm so excited for you!!! Be sure to ask them for a picture of your ultrasound so you can post it for all of us!!!!

--------------------

#194490 - 07/12/05 07:40 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thanks! Iron's not really an issue- I eat a TON of cooked green veggies and always have a very high iron count. I'm more worried about them containing gelatin, or another animal bi-product. If they all come prescription I'm sure my doctor will be able to find one that is veggie for me though.

#194491 - 07/12/05 07:41 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I know what you're saying... we live 1000 miles from our families and none of my friends have kids either. I guess we'll have to try and make some new friends who do!

Oh, Linz... new
      #194495 - 07/12/05 07:43 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

you DO have more worries than me...I'm lucky that I'm relatively healthy and active, I try not to take that for granted. I'm sure if you can find a way to get enough help you'll be great!! It's important to know yourself and what you are capable of, and to be able to ask for help, and it seems like you've achieved that already. And there's nothing wrong with needing help!! That's what families are for, right??

--------------------

#194496 - 07/12/05 07:43 AM
michele

I know there are some that are over the counter but I don't think they are as strong. Plus, if you have a script for them, your insurance should cover them! I might suggest calling your pharmacist and asking them before your appt. I'll look at mine when I get home but I'm not sure if theres a listing for ALL the ingredients or not.

--------------------

1000 miles?!?! new
      #194498 - 07/12/05 07:46 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

That's REALLY far!!
My parents live 25 minutes away, and his about 20, so we're covered there. And we have a lot of close friends, who'd help in any way. But we don't have any friends with kids either, probably won't for 2-3 years, so I kind of worry about being the "odd ones out"...and our kids not having any peers. But I don't worry about that as much as I used to. I mean, my husband and I have each other, and our families, and that's pretty good!

--------------------

#194500 - 07/12/05 07:48 AM
michele

Every time I mention my concerns of not knowing anyone with kids and family being so far, people tell me that once you have kids, you will meet others with kids. I guess you meet people during your birthing classes and I've been told to try and join some play groups and such that are offered at the ymca and various organizations.

I'm not sure if its a good thing or not but my overwhelming desire to have a baby has kinda but those concerns on the back burner for now. But I'm sure once I actually get pregnant and stay pregnant for a while that I will be in a panick about it! LOL!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3909 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review