All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do?
      #193223 - 07/08/05 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I want my hair to look good for Shane's 20th class reunion next weekend...and my roots are just nasty!! LOL

My normal girl is BOOKED for like 6 weeks!! I called that salon two times now to see if someone else can do mine just this once, but no response

So, then I tried to get in to see a guy that one of the girls at the gym uses...I LOVE her hair!! Anyway, he is on vacation until the end of July and then is booked until after Aug 15th!

So, THEN I called www.genejuarez.com and made an appointment for 5:45pm tonight (the only opening they had left the WHOLE weekend, except for 9am Sat, but I could not do that cuz my session with my personal trainer) I usually pay with tip about $130.00 for cut & partial foil (*note: I only do this one every 5-6 months) but this place is gonna run closer to $200.00 including a tip. I told them I only wanted someone who "really knows" foils....so I might be paying a little more to have the more experienced person which is fine.....

But now my next question is....... do I leave it totally straight like it has been for almost 3 years, or do I go for just a little bangs (but long enough I can still put MOST of it back in to a pony for the gym and the convertible rides?) LOL

What do you guys think?

Shane say's do whatever I want.... just don't cut too much of the length...(which I have NO plans to do).

I will try to find some pictures of what I'm thinking of and post them soon.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ok... new
      #193232 - 07/08/05 10:05 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!!

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!!

--------------------

Well, funny you should bring this up new
      #193234 - 07/08/05 10:18 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm happier with my hair right now than I've been in a LONG time. I've let it grow out for 3 years (since it was way short when I was pregnant with Sarah, which I liked that too, but hated the in between phase). So it was getting so long that it was looking flat. I got long layers cut it in and fresh highlights. I loved it so much I had dh take a picture from the back - here it is - and all I do is blow dry it with one of those round brush air dryer things (one handed, I cant' do the 2 handed thing)

Do whatever you want but I'd say layers that are LONG and no t too close together would look great in your hair. And I keep the front layers long enough to still go up in a ponytail (my daily style, that or a hat!!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Sending you an email about this! -nt- new
      #193238 - 07/08/05 10:29 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do? new
      #193242 - 07/08/05 10:55 AM
Shell Marr

OK, MAYBE something combined like these?? Currently my hair goes down to the middle of my breast, but I'm sure about an inch or two will be cut off today.

--------------------

I love this hair style! new
      #193244 - 07/08/05 11:00 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Michelle your hair is beautiful!! I have a similar cut to yours but I can't seem to get it to style like that. I use a curling iron and it takes forever. What is the thing called you use to style your hair?

Shell I think you would look good with a similiar hairstyle as well. I have really thin hair and this cut helped to make it look fuller in the back. I don't know what the effect would be if you have thick hair but it would probably look just as good if not better.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Here's a link to my magic wand.... new
      #193248 - 07/08/05 11:08 AM
ecmmbm

I could not style my hair without this (or something similar), use the bigger brush size:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/601-9610301-9460157?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002U46QW

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Re: Ok... new
      #193249 - 07/08/05 11:09 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!!

Ooh it sounds like I got the same bangs you did! And while my BF doesn't care what I do with my hair, I won't repeat who he told me I looked like when we were arguing over directions in Seattle. LOL

I've still got mixed feelings on them. They're a pain in the butt when it's windy outside and don't look as nice at the end of the day. Might go back to my other normal style, but still deciding.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Here's a link to my magic wand.... new
      #193250 - 07/08/05 11:10 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

I could not style my hair without this (or something similar), use the bigger brush size:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/601-9610301-9460157?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002U46QW

Ooh what a great idea! I've never seen that before. Does it dry as fast as a regular hair dryer?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#193251 - 07/08/05 11:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell I do have some bangs cut into mine but they are nice because if I want them in the style then I blow dry it that way but if I want it to blend in with my hair they will do that too. It looks cute with a ponytail to have a few wispy bangs that fall forward. I say go for it! I would have them add long layers to your hair if you don't already have them. I have my hair long and I have to have layers or it is too flat!

Michelle your hair is gorgeous!!! It looks like one of those shampoo commercials!

I either let it dry a while by itself first or ... new
      #193252 - 07/08/05 11:14 AM
ecmmbm

use a regular dryer to get a lot of moisture out first, then use this. Use a big clip to hold hair up out of the way and start at the bottom, layer at a time. Really does NOT take that long at all, then there's no curling iron.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Thanks yall - too bad it rarely looks like this, ball cap is more likely! nt new
      #193253 - 07/08/05 11:15 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Oooh, thanks for the tips! new
      #193256 - 07/08/05 11:20 AM
Tissy

I have never seen one of those either but is definitely on my list now! And great idea about the clip and doing it one layer at a time. I always have trouble getting all the layers when I curl it.

Thanks,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

#193257 - 07/08/05 11:25 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Guess where I'm going on the way home from the salon? hehehe

--------------------

#193258 - 07/08/05 11:26 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Shell,

I think you'd look good with some bangs. Not so sure about the layers though. If you have very straight hair (you said you did, right?) the layers might look funny. I don't know if I'd have a new person do ANYTHING too dramatic with your hair though, that's always a recipe for disaster.

Agreed about the wind.... new
      #193260 - 07/08/05 11:31 AM
epa_ginger

mine do blow around a lot, and get stuck in my sunglasses sometimes---BUT, I feel like my hair looks too plain without them...

--------------------

I've used this too---and it DOES work!--nt new
      #193261 - 07/08/05 11:32 AM
epa_ginger

--------------------

#193263 - 07/08/05 11:34 AM
epa_ginger

I like the long layers...my hair is stick straight and very fine, so I have layers to give myself some volume and....oomph, I guess. It helps. and when they are long, they are relatively easy to take care of. But I REALLY like the bangs!!!!

--------------------

#193275 - 07/08/05 12:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

me and my mom have stick straight fine hair and we both use that brush/curling iron thingy too and it makes our hair full of oomph!

As for the bangs.. I've noticed that the straighter the hair, the less likely you're gonna look good with side bangs. they'll just hang, unless you really work with them everyday.

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them.

--------------------

#193290 - 07/08/05 12:23 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Mine is cut just like the second picture here you posted!! I cut mine short about 1.5 years ago and have been growing it since. It was pretty much all one leagnth and just hung there, no style at all. About a month ago, I had it layer around the face, with side bangs and I few more layers in the back and it really looks and FEELS much better! I say Go For It!! It's only hair, it'll grow back! LOL!! I know I freak though too every time I want to change it!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#193299 - 07/08/05 12:40 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The guy that cuts my hair gave me longer bangs two times ago and I cried when I left. I hate having hair in my face, it gives me a headache. I just grew them out and he did that. I didn't have the heart to say "why did you do that?". I stopped at the store on the way home and bought hair clips and I wear them everyday.

My hair is thick and wavy. I hate it. I never do my hair. I just wash, brush and pull the sides back in clips. I just don't have the time or desire to do it. It ends up so frizzy on the side. I suppose I should get my hair straightener out. Anyways, I've just about given up on it period. Trust me I'm not good advertising for the salon even though he is awesome.

Good luck today and share a picture so we can see how it looks. What color highlights do you get? I've only had it done twice but he did redish highlights for me. I think I will get it done when the Maddie and Meike go back to school.

#193304 - 07/08/05 12:50 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!! that sounds great!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!! lol

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!! did, and will do!

--------------------

Re: Well, funny you should bring this up new
      #193305 - 07/08/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm happier with my hair right now than I've been in a LONG time. I've let it grow out for 3 years (since it was way short when I was pregnant with Sarah, which I liked that too, but hated the in between phase). So it was getting so long that it was looking flat. I got long layers cut it in and fresh highlights. I loved it so much I had dh take a picture from the back - here it is - and all I do is blow dry it with one of those round brush air dryer things (one handed, I cant' do the 2 handed thing)

I LOVE IT... but too much work for ME...hehehe I'm a wash, part dry, & go kinda girl...

Do whatever you want but I'd say layers that are LONG and no t too close together would look great in your hair. And I keep the front layers long enough to still go up in a ponytail (my daily style, that or a hat!!) Yes, I'm liking the long layer idea and longers side bangs.... not sure about the front YET! lol

--------------------

Re: Sending you an email about this! THANKS JEN GOT IT -nt- new
      #193306 - 07/08/05 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: I love this hair style! new
      #193309 - 07/08/05 12:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Michelle your hair is beautiful!! I have a similar cut to yours but I can't seem to get it to style like that. I use a curling iron and it takes forever. What is the thing called you use to style your hair?

Shell I think you would look good with a similiar hairstyle as well. I have really thin hair and this cut helped to make it look fuller in the back. I don't know what the effect would be if you have thick hair but it would probably look just as good if not better. I have a strange combo I THINK.... I have long, fine hair and a lot of it!

Christie

--------------------

#193311 - 07/08/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Ooh it sounds like I got the same bangs you did! And while my BF doesn't care what I do with my hair, I won't repeat who he told me I looked like when we were arguing over directions in Seattle. LOL I still owe him a kick in the butt for that one!! Maybe I'll have to slip some blue cheese in his food {{giggle giggle}}

I've still got mixed feelings on them. They're a pain in the butt when it's windy outside and don't look as nice at the end of the day. Might go back to my other normal style, but still deciding.

--------------------

#193314 - 07/08/05 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell I do have some bangs cut into mine but they are nice because if I want them in the style then I blow dry it that way but if I want it to blend in with my hair they will do that too. It looks cute with a ponytail to have a few wispy bangs that fall forward. I say go for it! I would have them add long layers to your hair if you don't already have them. I have my hair long and I have to have layers or it is too flat! Yes, yes, yes.... I think you just sold me on it!! I think I will ask for them to go down to my jaw line, be able to go hehind my ear, and also back in a pony!! and long layers...

Michelle your hair is gorgeous!!! It looks like one of those shampoo commercials! totally!

--------------------

#193315 - 07/08/05 01:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell,

I think you'd look good with some bangs. Not so sure about the layers though. If you have very straight hair (you said you did, right?) the layers might look funny. I don't know if I'd have a new person do ANYTHING too dramatic with your hair though, that's always a recipe for disaster. I usually get long layers, but it has been 5-6 months since I've had a cut, so you can't tell. I will not go TOO dramatic....this salon is very reputable and I told them I wanted some experience doing mine.

--------------------

#193317 - 07/08/05 01:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

me and my mom have stick straight fine hair and we both use that brush/curling iron thingy too and it makes our hair full of oomph!

As for the bangs.. I've noticed that the straighter the hair, the less likely you're gonna look good with side bangs. they'll just hang, unless you really work with them everyday.

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them. I have long, fine hair....but A LOT of it...it "looks" thick.... (do you agree Jen, Kandee, Melissa, Steph?)

--------------------

#193319 - 07/08/05 01:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Mine is cut just like the second picture here you posted!! I cut mine short about 1.5 years ago and have been growing it since. It was pretty much all one leagnth and just hung there, no style at all. About a month ago, I had it layer around the face, with side bangs and I few more layers in the back and it really looks and FEELS much better! I say Go For It!! It's only hair, it'll grow back! LOL!! I know I freak though too every time I want to change it!! Yeppers.... I think I'm gonna GO FOR IT!!!

--------------------

#193325 - 07/08/05 01:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

The guy that cuts my hair gave me longer bangs two times ago and I cried when I left. I hate having hair in my face, it gives me a headache. I just grew them out and he did that. I didn't have the heart to say "why did you do that?". I stopped at the store on the way home and bought hair clips and I wear them everyday. Oh, you poor thing!!

My hair is thick and wavy. I hate it. I never do my hair. I just wash, brush and pull the sides back in clips. I just don't have the time or desire to do it. It ends up so frizzy on the side. I suppose I should get my hair straightener out. Anyways, I've just about given up on it period. Trust me I'm not good advertising for the salon even though he is awesome.

UUmm... I'd say you don't like your hair Heidi... hehehe Just playing.... You NEED to get yours done when the kids are back in school...!! OK?

Good luck today and share a picture so we can see how it looks. What color highlights do you get? Well, the older I get, the more my natural color goes from blonde to brown (and not a nice brown I don't think).... so now I get blonde and sometimes a little redish put in there....I'm going to TRY and get to my appointment early and see if they have some books there that I can look at of "current" color fashions and also get the opinion of the stylist. I've only had it done twice but he did redish highlights for me. I think I will get it done when the Maddie and Meike go back to school.

--------------------

Shell... new
      #193328 - 07/08/05 01:21 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I have long, fine hair, and a lot of it too....I LOVE Michelle's hair, but my hair would NEVER do that, it's too thin. If yours is anything like mine - be careful on the layers! DONT get them too short, you'll hate them if you're used to your long hair. I got layers about 6 months ago and they basically made my hair look thinner and looked like I had bad ends all the time, because it just hung there!

I wouldn't do bangs if I were you....mainly because your hair is SO long and if you hate them it'll take forver to grow them back.

Anyways - just an opinion! I'd put some LONG layers in there and see how you like them....you can always make her go shorter if they are laying right on your head!

--------------------
~Cara~

#193338 - 07/08/05 01:34 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them. I have long, fine hair....but A LOT of it...it "looks" thick.... (do you agree Jen, Kandee, Melissa, Steph?)

I think you have the same type of thickness I do. Not too thin, but not too thick that you can't run a comb through it when it's wet. But my hair is naturally wavy (darn home perms when I was younger..) so I have to watch certain hairstyles.

Do you blow-dry your hair? You might have to with the layers to get them to curl the right way. Not sure how much maintance you want to spend with your hair.

Ask the salon.. they're usually pretty good if they're that expensive.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Shell... new
      #193339 - 07/08/05 01:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have long, fine hair, and a lot of it too....I LOVE Michelle's hair, but my hair would NEVER do that, it's too thin. If yours is anything like mine - be careful on the layers! DONT get them too short, you'll hate them if you're used to your long hair. I got layers about 6 months ago and they basically made my hair look thinner and looked like I had bad ends all the time, because it just hung there!

I wouldn't do bangs if I were you....mainly because your hair is SO long and if you hate them it'll take forver to grow them back.

Anyways - just an opinion! I'd put some LONG layers in there and see how you like them....you can always make her go shorter if they are laying right on your head! more good advise!! I knew I could count on all the girls here... kinda bummed to not get Tommy's thoughts....LOL just kidding... he is busy with Tina anyways!!

--------------------

#193340 - 07/08/05 01:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I think you have the same type of thickness I do. Not too thin, but not too thick that you can't run a comb through it when it's wet. But my hair is naturally wavy (darn home perms when I was younger..) so I have to watch certain hairstyles.

Do you blow-dry your hair? You might have to with the layers to get them to curl the right way. Not sure how much maintance you want to spend with your hair. I blow most of it dry and then just go from there... when I got it cut the last time 5-6 months ago.... I did dry with a round brush in one hand....it only takes another 5 mins if that... so I don't mind that part....but once I hit about the 4 month mark... I gave up cuz it was looking good "as is"....but now that the roots are so dark (it looks dirty) all the time....I MUST get it done... I'll try keeping it cut more often then 5-6 months and just save the foiling for twice a year.

Ask the salon.. they're usually pretty good if they're that expensive. Yeah, this is true.... it is not gonna be cheap that is for sure!

--------------------

Hmm, my 2 cents new
      #193370 - 07/08/05 03:15 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya Shell!
Sorry your normal girl is booked, it is always scary to trust someone else with your beloved lockes! Good for you for asking specifically for someone who knows what they are doing. When I go, I have to make sure I ask for someone who knows how to cut curly hair 'cause I have really curly hair and it can get really screwed up with the wrong cut!! (I guess you wouldn't know I have curly hair 'cause I've ironed it every time I've seen you!!).

Anywho, I think that at least taking a little bit of the length off will make your hair feel so much healthier. I think that 'cause your hair is quite thin, when you shorten it a little it doesn't make it look quite as thin.
I would echo what someone else said about layers, sometimes that can make your hair actually look thinner and if you don't 'style' them, they will just hang there because your hair doesn't seem to have any natural curl in it, especially when it is so long because any 'movement' will be pulled out by the weight of the length.
I like the idea getting those 'sweepy' side bangs, I really want to do that but because my hair is so curly it would look a mess and once I straighten them, they'd just hang straight down my face, hee hee. I'd definitely make sure you ask if you DO get the side bangs how they will look swept off to the side. If he says they will just hang, make sure that you get them long enough to tuck behind your ear or something so you don't always have hair in your face.

I am not the best person to give advice, half my hair has fallen out lately! Whenever I pull it up in a poneytail, I am always looking for the rest of it and it's not there!
I do have fine hair, though, but lots of it ('til it fell out) and I was advised by a really good hair dresser against short layers but long layers might be good. If you do, you should get some of that 'volume boosting' mouse or whatever and point the hairdryer up rather than down so that the air picks it up a bit so it doesn't hang flat.

Let us see some pics, lady!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Curly hair... new
      #193379 - 07/08/05 03:42 PM
chinagrl

Yep, yep. Curly hair is tough. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you can end up looking like a dandelion puff. Trust me.

Hair day is now next Thurs!! new
      #193387 - 07/08/05 03:57 PM
Shell Marr

I got a call from my regular hair girl while I was at lunch... she is going to stay late and get me in next Thurs @ 6pm (we don't leave until Friday night for the reunion)... I'm so excited...it will get done by someone I trust and will save me about $70!!

I want to take her a small gift for staying late... any ideas??

--------------------

Re: Hair day is now next Thurs!! new
      #193405 - 07/08/05 04:07 PM
chinagrl

Perfect! Now, there's a happy solution!!

#193430 - 07/08/05 04:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Perfect! Now, there's a happy solution!!

Why, YES.... it is!!

--------------------

#193431 - 07/08/05 04:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I got a call from my regular hair girl while I was at lunch... she is going to stay late and get me in next Thurs @ 6pm (we don't leave until Friday night for the reunion)... I'm so excited...it will get done by someone I trust and will save me about $70!!

I want to take her a small gift for staying late... any ideas??

I just talked to my Mom, she also goes to the same girl.... she suggested a gift card to Tully's Coffee (there is one within walking distance of her salon, that she goes to)

--------------------

#193440 - 07/08/05 04:57 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I say bangs. Blonde PLUS curly is hard to do, cos most of it'll fall out of it's not done right.

Good luck!!!

~nelly~

#193463 - 07/08/05 07:00 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Shell,

I'm not great with hair so I don't have any kick-butt suggestions, but I just wanted to say that I finally experimented a bit with my hair and was really happy with it For my whole life my hair has been long and all one length, and I finally cut it a little shorter and let the stylist do what she thought would look nice which was just a bunch of layers. I thought I'd be freaked out but I really like it! Just makes me feel like I look a bit more stylish. I'll post a link to some pics of my new 'do...I don't know how to just post the pics

http://groups.msn.com/VicamsPictures/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=13

http://groups.msn.com/VicamsPictures/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14

#193600 - 07/09/05 10:02 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Michelle, this thing is so cool! It's definitely on my list now too. Thanks for sharing your secret! Love the pic of your hair BTW...GORGEOUS!

#193601 - 07/09/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

LOOK What I got!!! I'm ready with MY magic wand now to style my new hair Friday morning!! LOL

web page

--------------------

#193602 - 07/09/05 10:24 AM
*Melissa*

Hey Shell!

Glad you got your regular lady back...whew, close call! LOL

Personally, I got my "bangs" back last summer and I loved it. They are long enough that I can pull them back or blow them so they blend in with the rest of my hair, or I can have them sideswept. Also if I have a pony, I can pull them back or sideswept. I also got layers. I have fine hair, but not thin, and I love my layers. It also feels a lot lighter on my head. Last time I got my hair cut, I heard the stylist next to me telling a girl that had long, one-length hair that if she didn't want to blow dry it every day, to not get layers, if that helps you any. Guess layers are better blown dry? I usually do that anyway so can't say for sure.

But, I say at least do the sideswept, long bangs. If you can't decide, you can always do bangs this time and layers next.

Any which way you go though, I know you'll be a beauty!

Awesome! Such a time saver and brings some volume - and let me say.... new
      #193616 - 07/09/05 11:19 AM
ecmmbm

I felt kind of dumb afterward for posting a pic of MY hair on YOUR topic of hair... I'd been thinking of sharing anyway cause mine NEVER looks like that, always heavy and flat, and I was just so pleased with new cut layers and highlights... anyway, feel now it was pretty weird to do that in your question about ideas for YOUR hair - your hair is gorgeous and whatever you do will look great, would you maybe do an "up-do" for the reunion? That might look cool!!! Know your stylist will give you something GREAT that is just right for YOU!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

What did you decide? new
      #193665 - 07/09/05 02:08 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sorry I don't want to read through 46 posts to find the answer.

Answer for BarbaraS new
      #193681 - 07/09/05 03:39 PM
chinagrl

Her regular hair dresser volunteered to stay late next Thursday... so she did nothing.

TODAY IS HAIR DAY!! new
      #195682 - 07/14/05 01:06 PM
Shell Marr

Still not for SURE what I'm going to do... but printed out the pictures I posted and will also be taking my new toy with me.... then let her have at me!! LOL Shoot! I wish I would have brought the camera with me.... I will not be going home after work either. Bummer!

--------------------

Re: TODAY IS HAIR DAY!! new
      #195688 - 07/14/05 01:17 PM
michele

I'm sure you will look even more beautiful than you already do!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

--------------------

#195690 - 07/14/05 01:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

How fun, post your "after" picture to show us what you decided!

Shell, you are too cute! new
      #195693 - 07/14/05 01:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I can't WAIT to see pics from when you get home (Shene WILL take pics, right?!) I'm so psyched for you!

You know...you bring lot of life/light to us here...life is HARD in this world....but shll is our guiding light! Thanks for always making me smile *hugs*

I LOVE HAIR DAYS!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Cool! new
      #195695 - 07/14/05 01:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

We want lots of piccies, okay?

I've got a hair day a week tomorrow...going for a bit shorter and less weight I think. I like not having so much hair!

"AFTER" PICTURES! HEHEHE new
      #195837 - 07/14/05 09:48 PM
Shell Marr

I have to get some of that friz eas stuff!!

--------------------

You look lovely, Shell!! new
      #195840 - 07/14/05 10:16 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I got side bangs today too. I had to take my mom to a doctor's appointment where she was for an hour, and one of the only other places in the area was a hair salon so I went and got a haircut and got the side bangs too. I think I really like them, but I am not sure...
Anyway, yours look great! Are you happy with the result? Have you tried your new brush/dryer thingie?

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: You look lovely, Shell!! new
      #195843 - 07/14/05 10:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I got side bangs today too. I had to take my mom to a doctor's appointment where she was for an hour, and one of the only other places in the area was a hair salon so I went and got a haircut and got the side bangs too. I think I really like them, but I am not sure... hehehe we are twins!! post a pic!!
Anyway, yours look great! Are you happy with the result? not sure yet! LOL Shane LOVES IT!! Have you tried your new brush/dryer thingie? No, I took it with me to show my girl and she said just to return it (I never opened it), she said it will not do ANYTHING for MY hair.... oh well...

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------

Ooo, I LIKE! new
      #195855 - 07/15/05 12:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Those bangs look just fab...now if only I could get bangs! My hair's so curly I'd have to straighten them to stop them being corkscrews on top of my head and that'd look weird too.

I get some great smoothing serum from my hairdressers and it's wonderful at taming flyaway frizz...makes my hair all nice and shiny too.

I love it Shell! new
      #195860 - 07/15/05 02:32 AM
*Melissa*

I knew you'd look great no matter what you did! I really like the bangs.

Re: "AFTER" PICTURES! HEHEHE new
      #195863 - 07/15/05 02:54 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I can't see the pics

--------------------
S.

Re: I love it Shell! new
      #195868 - 07/15/05 05:02 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Looks great !!!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#195873 - 07/15/05 05:26 AM
Cara4503

Ooohh! I love it! Now you've got me thinking about bangs which I never thought I would!

Hey - I think you have hair kinda like mine - I use this leave-in-conditioner EVERYDAY - will NOT skip a day for over 3 years now because I love it - it's by Redken - it's called Anti-Snap. I think it's baout $15 a bottle, but it lasts awhile.

Anyways - everyone who touches my hair tells me I have the softest hair they've ever felt - my friends are always playing with my hair! And my hubby Anyways, it really makes your hair feel smooth, and it doesn't coat it at all - which I hate. I usually hate all products in my hair.

Just a suggestion!

--------------------
~Cara~

Very pretty! Now where is Shane taking you for dinner? --nt-- new
      #195876 - 07/15/05 05:29 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#195896 - 07/15/05 06:24 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

so you did do the bangs- I love them.. I may have to do that too!! And I love the highlights.. I want some of those too!! Hope you have a fancy weekend with your new do!!

Yeah! Awesome!! new
      #195900 - 07/15/05 06:29 AM
epa_ginger

I LOVE the bangs Shell, and don't worry, you'll totally get used to them. Very pretty!!!!

--------------------

This needs to be your new profile pic! new
      #195916 - 07/15/05 06:58 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I love your new 'do! The bangs really suit you! I got side bangs about 6 months back, and I like them for the most part, but they are alot of upkeep. Mine get kind of long and limp and blah after a while. I think it's just cuz i'm too lazy to keep getting them trimmed at a maintainable level...

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: This needs to be your new profile pic! new
      #195929 - 07/15/05 07:11 AM
michele

I agree, the bangs suit you very well!! You look beautiful!!!

--------------------

Looks Great! -nt- new
      #195945 - 07/15/05 07:42 AM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

#195980 - 07/15/05 08:19 AM
Jennifer Rose

Ooooh I love the haircut, Shelley! I love how the side bangs can give you a totally different look, but can be changed back easily. When I got mine, a lot of people didn't even recognize me at first. (except for Mike, who's comment is still getting him in trouble.. LOL)

I love it!

--------------------
- Jennifer

cara new
      #195998 - 07/15/05 09:15 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hey.. I use that antisnap stuff too! redken also makes a new serum that adds volume and thickness I think its called lift up or rise up or something and I use that too! I love it.

--------------------

cool! :) new
      #196015 - 07/15/05 10:33 AM
Cara4503

I tried something from my salon called 'fat clay' or something - to give you volume. It really works, but I HATE how my hair feels all day - like sticky or something and I can't run my fingers through it. So I gave it to my mom :P I'm used to having flat hair anyways

--------------------
~Cara~

Still not sure I like the bangs... new
      #196017 - 07/15/05 10:37 AM
Shell Marr

This weekend will be a true test!! LOL

--------------------

#196051 - 07/15/05 11:23 AM
Sara-Sage

I don't see it?!!

#196059 - 07/15/05 11:30 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I don't see it?!!

http://www.shellandshaneswedding.com/ibs/hair%20071405/front.jpg

http://www.shellandshaneswedding.com/ibs/hair%20071405/back.jpg

--------------------

I LOVE IT SHell new
      #196060 - 07/15/05 11:30 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..and we had the same hair before!
I have been trying to get up the courage to go for that look but I'm afraid I won't love it on me and what with the wedding and everything I don't want to risk trying to grow it out in a hurry

It reminds me of this pic which I love

How could you not love it it looks great, really classy....keep it definitely, it'll grow on you (no pun intended)

--------------------
S.

#196091 - 07/15/05 12:10 PM
Sara-Sage

Nope, nothing?

Cute Shell!-nt new
      #196123 - 07/15/05 12:55 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Very Nice Shell! -nt new
      #196130 - 07/15/05 01:23 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

#196176 - 07/15/05 03:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Shell:

I want to blast a fan on high or send you a breeze! You look positively "SHELL MARR DOLL." (ORIGINAL AND ONE OF A KIND!) Now, I'm trying to think of how to send a tornado to mess up those golden locks!!! You really have such a doll face (compliment!). I like the bit of bang--it makes your BIG BROWN EYES stand out!!!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair! Seriously Shell, you look like a modern princess.

Kate/Wind.

#196355 - 07/16/05 07:16 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Shell I LIKE the bangs! It gives a whole different "look". Is that your natural hair color? I looks like it. I love how at the ends of your hair it appears darker.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Shell, I love it! new
      #196449 - 07/16/05 06:59 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And that pic is gorgeous! I smell a new sig pic!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3027 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review