All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do? new
      #193325 - 07/08/05 01:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

The guy that cuts my hair gave me longer bangs two times ago and I cried when I left. I hate having hair in my face, it gives me a headache. I just grew them out and he did that. I didn't have the heart to say "why did you do that?". I stopped at the store on the way home and bought hair clips and I wear them everyday. Oh, you poor thing!!

My hair is thick and wavy. I hate it. I never do my hair. I just wash, brush and pull the sides back in clips. I just don't have the time or desire to do it. It ends up so frizzy on the side. I suppose I should get my hair straightener out. Anyways, I've just about given up on it period. Trust me I'm not good advertising for the salon even though he is awesome.

UUmm... I'd say you don't like your hair Heidi... hehehe Just playing.... You NEED to get yours done when the kids are back in school...!! OK?

Good luck today and share a picture so we can see how it looks. What color highlights do you get? Well, the older I get, the more my natural color goes from blonde to brown (and not a nice brown I don't think).... so now I get blonde and sometimes a little redish put in there....I'm going to TRY and get to my appointment early and see if they have some books there that I can look at of "current" color fashions and also get the opinion of the stylist. I've only had it done twice but he did redish highlights for me. I think I will get it done when the Maddie and Meike go back to school.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shell... new
      #193328 - 07/08/05 01:21 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I have long, fine hair, and a lot of it too....I LOVE Michelle's hair, but my hair would NEVER do that, it's too thin. If yours is anything like mine - be careful on the layers! DONT get them too short, you'll hate them if you're used to your long hair. I got layers about 6 months ago and they basically made my hair look thinner and looked like I had bad ends all the time, because it just hung there!

I wouldn't do bangs if I were you....mainly because your hair is SO long and if you hate them it'll take forver to grow them back.

Anyways - just an opinion! I'd put some LONG layers in there and see how you like them....you can always make her go shorter if they are laying right on your head!

--------------------
~Cara~

#193338 - 07/08/05 01:34 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

me and my mom have stick straight fine hair and we both use that brush/curling iron thingy too and it makes our hair full of oomph!

As for the bangs.. I've noticed that the straighter the hair, the less likely you're gonna look good with side bangs. they'll just hang, unless you really work with them everyday.

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them. I have long, fine hair....but A LOT of it...it "looks" thick.... (do you agree Jen, Kandee, Melissa, Steph?)

I think you have the same type of thickness I do. Not too thin, but not too thick that you can't run a comb through it when it's wet. But my hair is naturally wavy (darn home perms when I was younger..) so I have to watch certain hairstyles.

Do you blow-dry your hair? You might have to with the layers to get them to curl the right way. Not sure how much maintance you want to spend with your hair.

Ask the salon.. they're usually pretty good if they're that expensive.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Shell... new
      #193339 - 07/08/05 01:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have long, fine hair, and a lot of it too....I LOVE Michelle's hair, but my hair would NEVER do that, it's too thin. If yours is anything like mine - be careful on the layers! DONT get them too short, you'll hate them if you're used to your long hair. I got layers about 6 months ago and they basically made my hair look thinner and looked like I had bad ends all the time, because it just hung there!

I wouldn't do bangs if I were you....mainly because your hair is SO long and if you hate them it'll take forver to grow them back.

Anyways - just an opinion! I'd put some LONG layers in there and see how you like them....you can always make her go shorter if they are laying right on your head! more good advise!! I knew I could count on all the girls here... kinda bummed to not get Tommy's thoughts....LOL just kidding... he is busy with Tina anyways!!

--------------------

#193340 - 07/08/05 01:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

me and my mom have stick straight fine hair and we both use that brush/curling iron thingy too and it makes our hair full of oomph!

As for the bangs.. I've noticed that the straighter the hair, the less likely you're gonna look good with side bangs. they'll just hang, unless you really work with them everyday.

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them. I have long, fine hair....but A LOT of it...it "looks" thick.... (do you agree Jen, Kandee, Melissa, Steph?)

I think you have the same type of thickness I do. Not too thin, but not too thick that you can't run a comb through it when it's wet. But my hair is naturally wavy (darn home perms when I was younger..) so I have to watch certain hairstyles.

Do you blow-dry your hair? You might have to with the layers to get them to curl the right way. Not sure how much maintance you want to spend with your hair. I blow most of it dry and then just go from there... when I got it cut the last time 5-6 months ago.... I did dry with a round brush in one hand....it only takes another 5 mins if that... so I don't mind that part....but once I hit about the 4 month mark... I gave up cuz it was looking good "as is"....but now that the roots are so dark (it looks dirty) all the time....I MUST get it done... I'll try keeping it cut more often then 5-6 months and just save the foiling for twice a year.

Ask the salon.. they're usually pretty good if they're that expensive. Yeah, this is true.... it is not gonna be cheap that is for sure!

--------------------

Hmm, my 2 cents new
      #193370 - 07/08/05 03:15 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya Shell!
Sorry your normal girl is booked, it is always scary to trust someone else with your beloved lockes! Good for you for asking specifically for someone who knows what they are doing. When I go, I have to make sure I ask for someone who knows how to cut curly hair 'cause I have really curly hair and it can get really screwed up with the wrong cut!! (I guess you wouldn't know I have curly hair 'cause I've ironed it every time I've seen you!!).

Anywho, I think that at least taking a little bit of the length off will make your hair feel so much healthier. I think that 'cause your hair is quite thin, when you shorten it a little it doesn't make it look quite as thin.
I would echo what someone else said about layers, sometimes that can make your hair actually look thinner and if you don't 'style' them, they will just hang there because your hair doesn't seem to have any natural curl in it, especially when it is so long because any 'movement' will be pulled out by the weight of the length.
I like the idea getting those 'sweepy' side bangs, I really want to do that but because my hair is so curly it would look a mess and once I straighten them, they'd just hang straight down my face, hee hee. I'd definitely make sure you ask if you DO get the side bangs how they will look swept off to the side. If he says they will just hang, make sure that you get them long enough to tuck behind your ear or something so you don't always have hair in your face.

I am not the best person to give advice, half my hair has fallen out lately! Whenever I pull it up in a poneytail, I am always looking for the rest of it and it's not there!
I do have fine hair, though, but lots of it ('til it fell out) and I was advised by a really good hair dresser against short layers but long layers might be good. If you do, you should get some of that 'volume boosting' mouse or whatever and point the hairdryer up rather than down so that the air picks it up a bit so it doesn't hang flat.

Let us see some pics, lady!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Curly hair... new
      #193379 - 07/08/05 03:42 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yep, yep. Curly hair is tough. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you can end up looking like a dandelion puff. Trust me.

Hair day is now next Thurs!! new
      #193387 - 07/08/05 03:57 PM
Shell Marr

I got a call from my regular hair girl while I was at lunch... she is going to stay late and get me in next Thurs @ 6pm (we don't leave until Friday night for the reunion)... I'm so excited...it will get done by someone I trust and will save me about $70!!

I want to take her a small gift for staying late... any ideas??

--------------------

Re: Hair day is now next Thurs!! new
      #193405 - 07/08/05 04:07 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Perfect! Now, there's a happy solution!!

Re: Hair day is now next Thurs!! new
      #193430 - 07/08/05 04:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Perfect! Now, there's a happy solution!!

Why, YES.... it is!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2060 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review