All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just need to vent...so TIRED of hearing about Tom Cruise....
      #191990 - 07/05/05 05:29 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

Sorry guys, just need to vent this out.....I am sooooooo tired about hearing his opinion on anti-depressants and psychiatry. He doesn't know squat about depression. I would love to see him live with IBS for a couple of months and then tell me there is no mental connection, especially when he can't leave the house for fear of an accident. I think what amazes me more is that more people aren't outraged by his rediculous, uneducated opinions. I was never a big fan, and I'm even less of one now. Sorry, I know this is stupid, but living like this everyday, especially after I finally gave in to the AD(was put on Lexapro for anxiety) a month and a half ago and feeling sooo much better(I can finally leave the house on a regular basis W/O a pad on just in case),then to hear something like this is just to much. Grrrrrr.....

Thanks for listening, Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

He makes me so angry! I'm gonna punch the tv!---nt--- new
      #192014 - 07/05/05 06:32 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, me too new
      #192024 - 07/05/05 06:40 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

You're an actor so suddenly you know about medical/psychological issues?

You're famous so you have the right to be judgemental of someone else?

You're a man so you have the knowledge of what women go through?

Oh give me a break, I can't stand him anymore. I was never a huge fan, but I am refusing to see his new movie and I just... grrr!!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Oh, me too new
      #192054 - 07/05/05 08:27 PM
Patricia Buzo

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: Minnesota

Well it isn't just his views, it's his religion right? Don't they believe depression doesn't exist or something?

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

You're right..... new
      #192062 - 07/05/05 08:53 PM
Alyson McG

it is his religion. WOW, how lucky they(scientologists) are to not suffer from depression/post partum, IBS...(no sarcasm here.....LOL). I have to add that I find it extremely funny that he can even comment on the whole post partum thing when he's never even been though the pregnancy/childbirth experience. As fas as I can remember, the only children he has are adopted!

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

What makes me even more mad .... new
      #192079 - 07/06/05 05:31 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I heard this morning that Oprah has been nominated for the PEACE prize, gimme a break. She's a talk show star for crying out loud. Give a prize like that to some shmuck that is actually doing REAL work with people and not just a figurehead. Sorry to you Oprah fans, but I just can't see it, even if there are some good things that she has done.
Tom who?????

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: I suffered for 3 YEARS from postpartum depression.... new
      #192141 - 07/06/05 07:17 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

and I'd like to have him suffer from it too. THEN he can talk about it. Till then, shut the hole in your FACE tOMMY! He knows NOTHING about depression. Who is he almighty to criticize??????

And Brooke Shields should go jogging instead of taking ADs? Give me a break. Well crap. Why didn't anyone tell me that was the miracle cure? LOL!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I bought Brooke Shield's book on PP depression new
      #192158 - 07/06/05 07:42 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Target had it for 30 percent off the publishers price, so I bought it yesterday. I am just starting it. I think it's going to be good.

I figured I'd spend the $ on this instead of on Tom Cruise's new movie!!!

Re: I think I'm going to buy it too.... new
      #192162 - 07/06/05 07:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Just to support Brooke... and I will DEFINITELY NOT be seeing Tom's new movie!!! I'm with you there, BL!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Count me in............ new
      #192180 - 07/06/05 08:31 AM
Alyson McG

I knew I wasn't going to see the movie after all of his publicity garbage lately, but I think I'll get her book to show support. I have 6 kids, 4 of whom I gave birth to and was lucky enough to have never had to deal with post partum (at least I don't think I did). Isn't it funny, his publicity stunts may be backfiring for him and helping promote the sales of her books. I think that's AEWSOME!!!!!!! I have said that I wouldn't wish IBS on my worse emeny....but a know it all idiot....well, maybe....

Hope everyone has a truly wonderful day! Alyson

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2865 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1145

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review